Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

CF has a good working relationship with GCI. Me personally I like to see both a GCI and RMC at KI.

Would it be conflict of interest for both companies to work together on the same project? I feel like that would be a cool concept if they worked together. Also did anyone see my comment about recycling the name Rougarou for this project? It was a couple pages back.

• Like 2

CF has a good working relationship with GCI. Me personally I like to see both a GCI and RMC at KI.

Would it be conflict of interest for both companies to work together on the same project? I feel like that would be a cool concept if they worked together. Also did anyone see my comment about recycling the name Rougarou for this project? It was a couple pages back.
No I didn't mean the same coaster. I meant in by GCI and one by RMC.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sounds like construction is ready to start once this coaster is announced. I wonder truly if a coaster will be the only thing announced Thursday, with no one else really teasing another ride (that I can recall) this could possibly be quite a revamp of the area. BUT It could still be fairly small amount of money in the grand scheme of things considering I have heard that there will be a few hotel renovations in the chain and those add up quickly. 

• Like 5

Cost, Reliability, Past relations with GCI? CF may want to test RMC with a conversion before diving straight in with a new ride.

1fa186a41339946522cf379ec051cd58.gif
Dee Dee Dee!

Beast Gal, how many times will you reuse that?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

She'll stop Thursday when our GCI is announced

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 12

I'm sticking with RMC because of the lack of structural supports.

The reservoir crossing(and the majority of the back half of the ride) doesn't have supports like a GCI. Its too narrow for traditional wooden coaster supports. Not to mention that if it were to be GCI, KI would miss out on some awesome inversions over the 6 times it crosses WWC. We are talking places where that is only 25-30 feet of space for BOTH tracks to pass over WWC. I cannot see supports similar to The Racers passing over the lake when RMC CAN build within that limited space of 25-30 feet.

This whole claim that GCI said that hypothetically, possibly, and/or potentially they can make coasters with inversions holds no weight in the argument. One hand you have a coaster company that IS building incredible wooden/hybrid coasters with inversions. The other hand has a company that only says, "yeah, we can do that."

Past relationships mean squat. In a world of innovation, no one would want to build something new that would disappoint. I'm not saying one is better than the other and that GCI would disappoint. They are both great companies and have their pros/cons. If this was being built in a space that wasn't this I would be all for a GCI.

Given the location of this ride and its multiple interactions with WWC, it would be a disappointment to waste all those awesome opportunities to hang over top of the WWC canals. Can you imagine riding WWC with a coaster flying upside down overhead? Everyone in the cars reaching down to, figuratively, high-five the families and friends inside the WWC boats. Not to mention how it will enhance the train experience. Riding alongside this coaster is sure to entice guests.

I'm also going to throw in the highly possible "top gun stall" over the reservoir.

Launch or chain lift is cool with me.

*RMC clues given out by KI*

Something I noticed on Instagram:3e72a53a7d54457d0e6211efae8a2e4b.jpg

Somebody is following Cedar Fair parks...a66262607ec41e69ce0c7d89e7a88c0f.jpg

And now a Rocky reference...a52bf7b16b7b01fe05e306cb31f77fc9.jpg

Also the tease of barrel rolls. A signature move by RMC.

This, my friends, is why I'm team RMC!

• Like 12

I raise you this, White Lightning a GCI made with steel supports to reduce the need for lateral supports.......also notice the shape of the turn around.

funspotgci.jpg

(Image from Coasterbuzz.com) 

I also agree, thank you for actually giving reason to why you are leaning a certain way about a manufacturer. I have seen way to many people who reply to every tweet with the hashtag with just "RMC2017".

• Like 12