Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Does everyone agree this is going to be a wooden coaster? Are we for sure those "leaked" plans were 100% really submitted to the city?

I personally went to the city and took a look at them. Even posted my own pictures in this thread.

This is something they will just bust out and show you? I find that kinda hard to believe to be honest. No offense!!!

• Like 2

Surprise! It's a Gerstauler!

No but seriously, I've fallen in love with that area of the park, since all my life (literally), I've always looked beyond the woods in that direction, for the magic place beyond the trees; and now they're building it! It's like I've kinda psychically known there'd one day be this new, huge attraction built back there.  Whether it breaks records or not, I'll enjoy whatever it is with open arms!

• Like 21

Does everyone agree this is going to be a wooden coaster? Are we for sure those "leaked" plans were 100% really submitted to the city?

I personally went to the city and took a look at them. Even posted my own pictures in this thread.

This is something they will just bust out and show you? I find that kinda hard to believe to be honest. No offense!!!

Any plans filed with the city are public record, meaning that the general public has the legal right to access and view them. Several people from here have been to city hall to obtain copies of the plans.

• Like 11

Surprise! It's a Gerstauler!

No but seriously, I've fallen in love with that area of the park, since all my life (literally), I've always looked beyond the woods in that direction, for the magic place beyond the trees; and now they're building it! It's like I've kinda psychically known there'd one day be this new, huge attraction built back there.  Whether it breaks records or not, I'll enjoy whatever it is with open arms!

Admit it. You just want a new view during your White Water Canyon geyser sessions. ;)

• Like 9

Any plans filed with the city are public record, meaning that the general public has the legal right to access and view them. Several people from here have been to city hall to obtain copies of the plans.

That's just crazy to me. How is there any possible way there is no information about the Manuf. or any thing. Its just an outline or the coaster and that is it? Man, to be honest I hope this coaster looks better then what that is showing. ugh o well

• Like 3

I'm a little emotional. I'm riding the train for the last time before announcement day.

Here's that clearing next to the engine house I mentioned earlier

6632f88f5dbe3f41fde5811849f4553a.jpg

8f474257ec8393b710435b2b368b7e89.jpg

Is that generally the spot where some believe the coasters turn around will be ? 

• Like 8

How will anything ever be a secret if just any joeschmo can walk in and get the plans haha. Oh well

EDIT - It looks kinda small by the blue print imo.

Well the layout is not in detail, only the "area of work". I do not see why there cannot be revisions of the original plans submitted for approval.

• Like 6

I honestly expect this to be a "transition" coaster over a "high thrill" one. It has been a long time since the park got a coaster that was made with younger kids in mind, I expect this to be something that is the stepping stone up to the likes of DB,Banshee and Beast. I'm expecting something in the 80-100 ft range that will provide people with some airtime and banked turns, but not the same high intensity of a Beast. 

• Like 3

How will anything ever be a secret if just any joeschmo can walk in and get the plans haha. Oh well

Well the layout is not in detail, only the "area of work". I do not see why there cannot be revisions of the original plans submitted for approval.

Yeah, I guess they could make changes but then Ki would need to take those to the city again?

Side note.....way off topic and I am sorry but I am reading the Carowinds forums. They are all thinking Vortex will go floorless and also getting 5 classic flat rides. I called a number today that  Carowinds posted that is supposed to give hints and something that is dealing with a  mayor. No idea. Sounded lame. I can't see  them getting anything major after Fury. They had a big argument over the cost to repave their parking lot haha just FYI no need for discussion unless you want to reply lol I don't wanna make anyone mad that I went off topic but thought it was funny.

• Like 2

That's just crazy to me. How is there any possible way there is no information about the Manuf. or any thing. Its just an outline or the coaster and that is it? Man, to be honest I hope this coaster looks better then what that is showing. ugh o well
There is nothing really on those plans because that's essentially the bare minimum of what the city needs to know is being built. The park just says "oh hey we wanna build this, it'll look like this" and then it is submitted to the city for approval.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Bears, Stars... "Ursa?"

Hmmm... when Dinosaurs Alive was teased, there was a layout, and speculation of a coaster.  I wonder if this is a new campground... hmmm; no footers yet, just retaining walls and what look like roadways. Hmmm... well I'm (say it with me.... STUMPED.)

• •   —•  -• • •   —•  -  :ph34r:• 

Ursa Major! And next year, a little tiny Planet Snoopy replica - ursa minor.

With the "Field of Dreams" rigamorole, how close is it to the Red's restaurant?

• Like 5

Yeah, I guess they could make changes but then Ki would need to take those to the city again?

Side note.....way off topic and I am sorry but I am reading the Carowinds forums. They are all thinking Vortex will go floorless and also getting 5 classic flat rides. I called a number today that Carowinds posted that is supposed to give hints and something that is dealing with a mayor. No idea. Sounded lame. I can't see them getting anything major after Fury. They had a big argument over the cost to repave their parking lot haha just FYI no need for discussion unless you want to reply lol I don't wanna make anyone mad that I went off topic but thought it was funny.

This site is far better, less trolls and less stressful arguments.
  • Like 4

manufacture, name, stats, color, themeing and coaster type are still up in the air. All we have in our hands and from what we can see currently is the layout. Unlike Banshee when we saw footer type ( obviously B&M ), parelell footer placement ( obviously invert ) layout ( from city ) and name. ( trademarked by CF prior to announcement ). CF and KI have done a wonderful job keeping project2017 a mystery this time around.
  • Like 9

Well, just in case, the amazing, imaginative minds at Thrillbisco Cosmetics bring you:

Nailing%2BIt.png

:P

Can this be bought on the Home Shopping Network? Or at a local JCPenny? :)

I don't normally quote pictures, but when I do, I prefer a Thrill_Biscuit masterpiece of an image. :P:D

• Like 13

Side note.....way off topic and I am sorry but I am reading the Carowinds forums. They are all thinking Vortex will go floorless and also getting 5 classic flat rides. I called a number today that  Carowinds posted that is supposed to give hints and something that is dealing with a  mayor. No idea. Sounded lame. I can't see  them getting anything major after Fury. They had a big argument over the cost to repave their parking lot haha just FYI no need for discussion unless you want to reply lol I don't wanna make anyone mad that I went off topic but thought it was funny.

In fairness to the Carowinds forums, Cedar Fair has been pretty public about wanting to convert the two remaining standup rides in the chain.  I think it is more likely Vortex at California's Great America will be done first though.

On your earlier point about the plans.  The city only gets the foundation plans.  Which in this case were not even complete.  Personally I think the park filled what they did on purpose to give us something to work with.  But at the same time made it difficult to actually figure too much out.  Because from what I can tell there was no need to file anything that early.  Also the plans used a project north and a custom park coordinate system which we never figured out the origin for.  Which is why it was so difficult to figure out the placement of the ride.

In short I think the plans were part of the marketing for the ride.

• Like 7

Well, just in case, the amazing, imaginative minds at Thrillbisco Cosmetics bring you:

Nailing%2BIt.png

:P

Can this be bought on the Home Shopping Network? Or at a local JCPenny? :)

I don't normally quote pictures, but when I do, I prefer a Thrill_Biscuit masterpiece of an image. :P:D

lol I hope this gets mentioned in the announcement Thursday! That'd be hilarious!

• Like 8

I know this is a random statement here, but It's going to feel different in rivertown next year with this new wooden roller-coaster. Yes I still think this will be a wooden roller-coaster. The reason it will be different is because all these years that I've visited Kings Island, those trees have always been there. Now next year, I'll be where the trees used to be. I guess you could call me a tree hugger in a way, but at the same time, I'm excited for this new roller-coaster experience.

• Like 11

I know this is a random statement here, but It's going to feel different in rivertown next year with this new wooden roller-coaster. Yes I still think this will be a wooden roller-coaster. The reason it will be different is because all these years that I've visited Kings Island, those trees have always been there. Now next year, I'll be where the trees used to be. I guess you could call me a tree hugger in a way, but at the same time, I'm excited for this new roller-coaster experience.

Tis sad but I believe once the coaster is installed it's going to look like they just threw it in the middle of a forrest and where the empty spots now are filled with an exciting new coaster I don't think it will look much different. We will be like "what trees?".

However I will do my part and plant a new tree in the back yard.

Sent from the future while riding #KIProject2017 using Tapatalk

• Like 13