Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I may have overlooked the answer to this question, if it has already been asked, but...

I won't be able to make it to the announcement Thursday evening, so will it be aired live anywhere?  On the KI website?  Here?  Somewhere else?

• Like 3

I may have overlooked the answer to this question, if it has already been asked, but...

I won't be able to make it to the announcement Thursday evening, so will it be aired live anywhere? On the KI website? Here? Somewhere else?

Kings Island pr on YouTube has a live stream for the announcement that will begin Thursday night. I'll be watching that since I too will not be able to watch it at Kings Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

I won't be able to make it to the announcement Thursday evening, so will it be aired live anywhere? On the KI website? Here? Somewhere else?

Kings Island pr on YouTube has a live stream for the announcement that will begin Thursday night. I'll be watching that since I too will not be able to watch it at Kings Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I honestly expect this to be a "transition" coaster over a "high thrill" one. It has been a long time since the park got a coaster that was made with younger kids in mind, I expect this to be something that is the stepping stone up to the likes of DB,Banshee and Beast. I'm expecting something in the 80-100 ft range that will provide people with some airtime and banked turns, but not the same high intensity of a Beast.[/quo

I guess that makes Maverick at Cedar Point a transition coaster. The first drop is only 95ft. Size doesn't always determine how intense a coaster is. Some of the smaller coasters can be some of the most intense rides around. I have also ridden some large coasters that were rather boring.

• Like 11

I honestly expect this to be a "transition" coaster over a "high thrill" one. It has been a long time since the park got a coaster that was made with younger kids in mind, I expect this to be something that is the stepping stone up to the likes of DB,Banshee and Beast. I'm expecting something in the 80-100 ft range that will provide people with some airtime and banked turns, but not the same high intensity of a Beast.[/quo

I guess that makes Maverick at Cedar Point a transition coaster. The first drop is only 95ft. Size doesn't always determine how intense a coaster is. Some of the smaller coasters can be some of the most intense rides around. I have also ridden some large coasters that were rather boring.

That was not me saying smaller coasters can't be intense, it was me making a guess as to what we could be getting. Also lets face it no "transition" coaster is going to be 130ft+ so yes I would say most transition coasters fall in that range, not that every coaster in that range is a "transition" coaster.

• Like 4

Ok.  Doing some PI work on the KIProject2017.  Looking at Bing/Google Maps/VPike ect...I was looking for recent Satellite or Street Views by looking at the recent schedules of updated maps in areas that Steel is being produced.  We shop locally sometimes right?  Well, Clermont Steel Fabrication is in Batavia, Ohio.  There looks to appear of RAW finished steel waiting to be painted/powder coated ect in the yard.  Then exiting out the back looks like a finished product and then the staging area by the side of the road.  The Google Map states it is an updated 2016 existing map.  Maybe it's a clue...Maybe it's not.  I don't have anymore time to research on this.  I'll give it to you.  Batavia Steel Fabrication 2565 Old State Rte 32 Batavia, Ohio 45103  I have had so much fun with this decoding.  I hope to see you all there Thursday.  If I'm right with the layout, I'll be the one holding a printed copy of my photo.  (Haahaa...saying, Told you so.  Told you so and jumping up and down. heehee. )

27951032214_cef1ab2420_z.jpgKIPROJECT2017STEEL by KingsIsland1972, on Flickr 

• Like 5

On your earlier point about the plans.  The city only gets the foundation plans.  Which in this case were not even complete.  Personally I think the park filled what they did on purpose to give us something to work with.  But at the same time made it difficult to actually figure too much out.  Because from what I can tell there was no need to file anything that early.  Also the plans used a project north and a custom park coordinate system which we never figured out the origin for.  Which is why it was so difficult to figure out the placement of the ride.

In short I think the plans were part of the marketing for the ride.

You would file early to avoid any holdups with construction. Once plans are submitted, the local government has a period of time to review the plans (the time period varies by jurisdiction and type of permit, but 30 days is a good reference). The government then gets to approve or reject the plans, and request changes. The park would submit the plans to give enough time to get approval so that construction is not disrupted.

• Like 8

You would file early to avoid any holdups with construction. Once plans are submitted, the local government has a period of time to review the plans (the time period varies by jurisdiction and type of permit, but 30 days is a good reference). The government then gets to approve or reject the plans, and request changes. The park would submit the plans to give enough time to get approval so that construction is not disrupted.

Except this only works if you actually file more than a tiny section of the ride.  Total the park submitted plans for a section which was like 60 feet long, and then did not submit any additional plans for several weeks.  I assume more plans are now available and just no one is visiting the city to find out.

• Like 2

Clermont Steel Fabrication makes track for B&M coasters. People frequently go out there and it has been mentioned several times in this specific thread.

This coaster is not steel.

Sorry another butt post.. I didn't even know iPhone could be butt dialed.

Sent from the future while riding #KIProject2017 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ok.  Doing some PI work on the KIProject2017.  Looking at Bing/Google Maps/VPike ect...I was looking for recent Satellite or Street Views by looking at the recent schedules of updated maps in areas that Steel is being produced.  We shop locally sometimes right?  Well, Clermont Steel Fabrication is in Batavia, Ohio.  There looks to appear of RAW finished steel waiting to be painted/powder coated ect in the yard.  Then exiting out the back looks like a finished product and then the staging area by the side of the road.  The Google Map states it is an updated 2016 existing map.  Maybe it's a clue...Maybe it's not.  I don't have anymore time to research on this.  I'll give it to you.  Batavia Steel Fabrication 2565 Old State Rte 32 Batavia, Ohio 45103  I have had so much fun with this decoding.  I hope to see you all there Thursday.  If I'm right with the layout, I'll be the one holding a printed copy of my photo.  (Haahaa...saying, Told you so.  Told you so and jumping up and down. heehee. )

<image removed>

Google Maps (the service accessed through a web browser) always shows a copyright date of the current year. To get the date on which the satellite photos were actually taken, you need Google Earth (the program you download and install to your hard drive). In this case, Google Earth shows an imagery date of October 9, 2015.

• Like 5

Ok. Doing some PI work on the KIProject2017. Looking at Bing/Google Maps/VPike ect...I was looking for recent Satellite or Street Views by looking at the recent schedules of updated maps in areas that Steel is being produced. We shop locally sometimes right? Well, Clermont Steel Fabrication is in Batavia, Ohio. There looks to appear of RAW finished steel waiting to be painted/powder coated ect in the yard. Then exiting out the back looks like a finished product and then the staging area by the side of the road. The Google Map states it is an updated 2016 existing map. Maybe it's a clue...Maybe it's not. I don't have anymore time to research on this. I'll give it to you. Batavia Steel Fabrication 2565 Old State Rte 32 Batavia, Ohio 45103 I have had so much fun with this decoding. I hope to see you all there Thursday. If I'm right with the layout, I'll be the one holding a printed copy of my photo. (Haahaa...saying, Told you so. Told you so and jumping up and down. heehee. )

<image removed>

Google Maps (the service accessed through a web browser) always shows a copyright date of the current year. To get the date on which the satellite photos were actually taken, you need Google Earth (the program you download and install to your hard drive). In this case, Google Earth shows an imagery date of October 9, 2015.

Thank you for your help. My son had a dental appointment and now reading this via my phone makes me sad. Thought I had a winner. Back to the drawing board when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Does anyone know who makes track for Intamin then? Just a curious question not to get far off topic. 

Edit - I know everyone hates Intamin...just wondering where their track might be made.

Last I heard, it was still manufactured in Europe.

Wow, They ship all steel track over that's crazy!! Maybe saving money? I would think that would cost more?

• Like 2