Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Cedar Fair to tear down the old Racer and replace it with a new one, Racer II, so KI can finally build that giga coaster where the old Racer used to stand. New B&M coaster coming 2022, just in time for KI 50th anniversary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Beast Gal, GavPenn I have nothing against you guys but I'd like to give some constructive criticism to you guys

Beast Gal: You just blurt out things like "RMC or Intamin" without any logic, reason, or evidence

GavPenn: While your logic and reasoning skills are quite good,  you act like you know everything which is why people don't listen to you, there's a fine line between saying "I KNOW it's an RMC" and "I THINK it's an RMC" a lot of us THINK it's a GCI based on evidence from that Coaster Net video but we don't KNOW it's a GCI as it could possibly be a GG, RMC, or Intamin for all we know. But the thing is when you say you KNOW it's an RMC without linking to a credible source why you know, you just lose credibility.

The truth is someone is going to be right, It might be you, it might be someone on team GCI, or both might be wrong as we get a B&M or Intamin Giga (which doesn't seem likely now) but we won't KNOW what it really is until tomorrow.

• Like 14

Hey mods, why are you allowing this crap?!

Yeah, sorry Ryan, but we need some tighter moderation on these boards. I've reported several obvious troll posts recently with apparently no action taken. The amount of trolling is beginning to drive regulars like me away from KIC. There have been times this summer when I did not go through posts on KIC for several days at a time because I wasn't in the mood to deal with the trolling. Something needs to be done.

• Like 20

I can see both sides of the argument but I think all of us just need to relax... this will pass tommorow... I think all of us are just a bit on edge due to the announcement and anticipation and I know Is sound like a broken record saying this but this thread has been far better than Starting to Decode 2014 was... much better.

• Like 9

On a positive note, less than 24 hours left! Y'know, I'm actually hoping to find out that this will be a GG, just to throw everybody (well, not everybody, but many people (well, not many, but a large amount (well, not large, but a number bigger than 12))) off.

MaestroFanatic, forgetting what his name on this forum is since he changed his avatar to match that of an account on a different forum where he has a different name.

• Like 10

Cedar Fair to tear down the old Racer and replace it with a new one, Racer II, so KI can finally build that giga coaster where the old Racer used to stand. New B&M coaster coming 2022, just in time for KI 50th anniversary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like that idea. All the poor old Racer needs is some TLC.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

No matter who builds this project 17 I think we all will be happy. It's kind of bitter sweet that this comes to an end in at 10:00 PM tonight I have really enjoyed this thread. And I hope to hear from alot of you in future threads. And maybe even meet up at the park sometime. Just want to say it's been a blast.

Can't wait to hear the response when they unveil Wendego tonight. Hey a guy can dream right ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Wow things got a little crazy after I went to bed last night. All trolls aside guys we are under 24 hours it's been a great time lets not ruin that now. Well I'm headed to paradise as we speak hope to see you guys there!

Sent from the future while riding #Splintercat2017 using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I really wish I could be there tonight but I have to work... I can't wait to see the info on my first break around 12:00 am... Hopefully someone will have uploaded the entire announcement by then or by 2:30 am so I can watch it during my lunch break tonight.... I'm very excited about this announcement even though I can't ride wooden coasters and will never ride this ride most likely. 13 hrs until the reveal.... And with that note I think I'm headed to bed soon.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Is the email to RSVP don.Helbig@visitkingsisland.com, or donhelbig@visitkingsisland.com?

I believe that was only for press.  The general public is welcome to just show up and watch.

That makes a TON of sense. I would hope you wouldn't have to RSVP if you're just part of the GP. Thanks!

• Like 2

I'm really torn between RMC or GCI.  The only GCI I have ridden is Thunderhead at Dollywood, and it was awesome.  So I would be perfectly happy with a medium sized coaster in the style of Thunderhead.  On the other hand, I feel that not going with RMC takes away from some amazing moments when the train crosses the pond and WWC.  Barrel rolls or top gun stalls over WWC would be outstanding.  I am curious how the structure will look crossing the pond and the rapids ride.  The only wood coaster I know of that uses a bridge is Ravine Flyer II, http://rcdb.com/3917.htm, but it was built by PTC. Has anyone ever seen a wooden coaster with a bridge similar to Ravine Flyer II? Not that GCI can't change their layout style, but the majority of GCI coasters are very twisted and compact, where this seems to be more of an out and back.  The only GCI that seems to break their "style" is White Lightning, http://rcdb.com/10348.htm  Either way I can't wait to watch the live stream tonight and see this thing revealed.  

• Like 5