Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

So I took a look at the css page: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/css/screen.css

I noticed that there is a "Scream" microsite. But the /images/structure/logo-main-scream.png is not active yet.

Probably means nothing but could the coaster/ride be named Scream? (which is a terrible name IMO)

Great find, but I don't think it has anything to do with the new coaster.  Those css classes have been in that file since at least last September.  https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://www.visitkingsisland.com/css/screen.css

• Like 3

I've mentioned before that maybe it's a lack if imagination on my part but the way the path is shaping up just looks like an antique car path to me, especially when viewed from above.

I ran into Don Helbig in the park, and he said a couple things I don't think he'd mind me sharing. First is that no one on KIC has got it right yet. Second is that there won't be seating in the announcement area (the stumps are for show).

So, if you haven't left home yet and feel like lugging a folding chair through security you might want to pack one!

I told him personally, but I also want to commend him publicly on what a fantastic job he and his team have done this season. It's less than 12 hours until the announcement, and I've been following closely all season, and I still don't have a single detail that I am certain about (even the type of ride). Don Helbig and his crew have kept the excitement and mystery going this whole time without giving anything away. It's been a fun ride and I can't wait for tonight!

• Like 24

The name Splinter Cat is growing on me especially if the first car is shaped like a cat head like Viper in China https://goo.gl/images/xISGMA Also Iron Rattler a RMC coaster is simular so both RMC or GCI could do it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Viper's car does not look like a cat to me at all. It reminds me more of a viper.

SOB ignoring the door and standing in place shamelessly.

• Like 4

The name Splinter Cat is growing on me especially if the first car is shaped like a cat head like Viper in China https://goo.gl/images/xISGMA Also Iron Rattler a RMC coaster is simular so both RMC or GCI could do it

Viper's car does not look like a cat to me at all. It reminds me more of a viper.

SOB ignoring the door and standing in place shamelessly.

No what I was saying they could make it look like a cat head like the way they made Viper and Iron Rattler look like a snake head

• Like 1

I joined just to guess this:

Name: Raptor (they already have the license)

Designer: GCI

Height: 131 feet

Length: 2,800 feet

Top speed: 58 mph

See you all tonight!

Edit: In regards to the smoke, could it possibly be coming from the raptors nose? You know, like when you get angry? A total guess.

• Like 5

I've mentioned before that maybe it's a lack if imagination on my part but the way the path is shaping up just looks like an antique car path to me, especially when viewed from above.

I ran into Don Helbig in the park, and he said a couple things I don't think he'd mind me sharing. First is that no one on KIC has got it right yet. Second is that there won't be seating in the announcement area (the stumps are for show).

So, if you haven't left home yet and feel like lugging a folding chair through security you might want to pack one!

I told him personally, but I also want to commend him publicly on what a fantastic job he and his team have done this season. It's less than 12 hours until the announcement, and I've been following closely all season, and I still don't have a single detail that I am certain about (even the type of ride). Don Helbig and his crew have kept the excitement and mystery going this whole time without giving anything away. It's been a fun ride and I can't wait for tonight!

There is no way mr. Helbig would say that someone on KIC guessed correctly before the announcement.

• Like 4

I still think it's possible it isn't even going to be a coaster. Whatever it is, I think it will be shocking. I think it might even be the first of its kind something, but don't have a clue what that something might be!

I do agree that he /may/ have meant nobody has totally nailed it while getting some elements correct, but I'm also willing to believe he meant we still haven't even gotten close.

• Like 6

(bolded for emphasis)

Hoo boy! My curiosity is officially piqued. I was 99.999% sure it was going to be a GCI. Now, it's not going to be a GCI, RMC or Gravity Group ride. Unless they're going with someone obscure, like Vekoma, that pretty much takes out the idea of a wooden coaster.

...Or, on second thought, maybe Don's being very specific. "No one one KIC has got it right yet" could mean that no one has guessed the exact stats of the ride. Or maybe no one has guessed the correct theme.

I see your game, Helbig. Very sneaky.

• Like 5