Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I am a long time follower, just don't post. I have a few questions and observations.

1. Didn't GCI do the rework to Son of Beast?

2. What do you think happened to the loop? Was it scrapped or saved for later?

3. Is Gravity Group and Timberliners out of the running?

4. Name possibilities are endless with the parks owned by CF.

5. They could simply be using a current or former name of an attraction that CF has rights already.

6. Is this one ride or multiples for 2017?

Can't wait to find out later today......

• Like 6

I still think it's possible it isn't even going to be a coaster. Whatever it is, I think it will be shocking. I think it might even be the first of its kind something, but don't have a clue what that something might be!

I do agree that he /may/ have meant nobody has totally nailed it while getting some elements correct, but I'm also willing to believe he meant we still haven't even gotten close.

I see your point just thought tiques would be a simple guess compared to all the others. I haven't seen the construction area so I'm just waiting for 10pm

• Like 2

As good as the antique cars were, bringing them back would not be considered a major announcement. It's a low thrill kid ride basically. There are going to be a lot of disappointed people leaving there tonight if that is the case. Also, I really doubt Don or anybody else from KI has time to read every one of the 305 pages of this thread. Not saying he didn't say that, but take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 3

I find it highly unlikely Mr. Helbig meant that no one has guess even the general nature of the ride correctly on in this topic. 

As a group, we've guessed a wooden coaster courtesy of GCI, RMC, GG, and Intamin. We've had people mention steel coasters (launch/blitz/giga) from all the major manufacturers. We've had guesses of antique cars, and a new log/flume/boat ride. I believe aquatrax or any sort of coaster/water ride combo has been mentioned. Dark rides have been pondered.

More likely, Don was indicating that no one had nailed it... ie the type + manufacturer/designer + name. I think everything known to man has been talked about and guessed in this thread. Certainly we've hit on at least the type of attraction.

I made my guess many pages ago. In roughly eight hours, I'll be right or wrong, but I'll be intrigued, and happy for the park, either way. 

• Like 10

I have read every page of this thread (though sometimes glancing my way thru multiple posts debating the worthiness of one poster/idea vs another).  You can bet your bottom dollar that someone involved with KI has as well.  If someone is spilling the beans without the parks consent, they'll want to find out who.  They would be stupid not to monitor both the thread and the forums in general.

• Like 7

My coworker overheard me talking about the announcement. She said that she is friends with a member of KI's marketing team and that he told her what it is. She's not an enthusiast though and didn't know that I was until she heard me talking about it, so she didn't ask for specifics. She texted him, but hasn't received a response...I assume he's probably pretty busy today. So, I know what it is and the theme, but not the manufacturer or name.

• Like 2

Wow! Haven't talked ever since the start of this, but I've been following along the whole time. GCI, RMC, heck anything else and I'll still be excited for whats coming!I'm definitely going to the reveal tonight, I only live a few minutes away. I just know whatever comes tonight, I'm ready!

BxDlite, just popping in

• Like 6

If this turned out to be something as mundane as Antique Cars, I'd be highly, highly disappointed.  I'd question whether I'd want to renew my season pass for next year..

No way! New rides are free candy. A new ride adds to the park.

Even if you don't like the ride, there even being a new ride is good, because it gives patrons more places to be instead of being in line for Your favorite rides, making you wait longer.

• Like 8

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAnd some will look like this after the announcement.

20c03ca4148b010f02276e71e262ce33.jpg

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Only those expecting a (fill in the blank) coaster or (fill in the blank) ride....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I've mentioned before that maybe it's a lack if imagination on my part but the way the path is shaping up just looks like an antique car path to me, especially when viewed from above.

I ran into Don Helbig in the park, and he said a couple things I don't think he'd mind me sharing. First is that no one on KIC has got it right yet. Second is that there won't be seating in the announcement area (the stumps are for show).

So, if you haven't left home yet and feel like lugging a folding chair through security you might want to pack one!

I told him personally, but I also want to commend him publicly on what a fantastic job he and his team have done this season. It's less than 12 hours until the announcement, and I've been following closely all season, and I still don't have a single detail that I am certain about (even the type of ride). Don Helbig and his crew have kept the excitement and mystery going this whole time without giving anything away. It's been a fun ride and I can't wait for tonight!

Soooo, does that mean if nobody in KIC has it right, that RMC, GCI, Antique Cars, Sleepy Hollow speculation is wrong?  Then what could it possibly be?   A Dive Coaster?  I bet you it is.......see you all tonight. 

• Like 2