Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

She sits next to me at work and overheard me talking about the announcement. She didn't know I was an enthusiast (she's not). She told me the type and theme (which I had already guessed). She texted her friend and asked for more info. He just got back to her about an hour ago, but only with the name.

She s friends with a member of the marketing team

• Like 3

The smoke fits the theme very well @Maverick44

Name guess is now Wildfire.

It wasn't smoke, it was fog if that helps.

SwampThing! haha

EDIT - Be safe everyone......we have funnel clouds and bad storms up here in Columbus right now!!!

• Like 3

What if it's a Banshee like fog in the woods at night except the fog is called mist or something. Something like Nocturnal Mist?  I no longer think this is themed to a monster or creature name. All the clues still probably wouldn't tie in though:)

• Like 2

First time poster, however, i've been reading for a long time now, and figured I should probably just make an account. I hope everyone else is just as excited to hear the announcement tonight as I am. I only live about 20 minutes away from the park so my sister and I are going to head over there tonight at 8:30. While I was originally hoping for an RMC, we recently went to Dollywood, rode Thunderhead and now I honestly would be happy with either GCI or RMC.

Btw my prediction:

GCI

Length: 3,000 to 4,000 ft.

Height: 150 to 200 ft. 

Elements: lots of airtime and some 90 degree banking

Originally liked Splintercat but now i'm second guessing it.

• Like 3

Just from the graphics of the "Lurking" poster, there's one I like about Ohio's reputation that showed up in the Banshee and hopefully this ride, too. I like the park embracing Ohio's distinct strangeness.

Ohio has a reputation of being supernaturally creepy. The show "Eerie, Indiana" was originally supposed to take place in Ohio.

We have Mushmelon kids, Screaming Mimi Bridge, Dogmen, Lizardmen, and Ghost Trains, and that's just a few.

Hopefully the theming of the ride will match the poster graphics.

• Like 2

Based on the fog/smoke I'll make my final guess for the name to be Smoking Gun- themed to Cowboys and Indians and that's where those axes come in. Can't wait to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not think they will use the word "gun" any longer due to all the shootings and such that are going on and the great gun debate. I just don't see that happening at all.

• Like 1

Just from the graphics of the "Lurking" poster, there's one I like about Ohio's reputation that showed up in the Banshee and hopefully this ride, too. I like the park embracing Ohio's distinct strangeness.

Ohio has a reputation of being supernaturally creepy. The show "Eerie, Indiana" was originally supposed to take place in Ohio.

We have Mushmelon kids, Screaming Mimi Bridge, Dogmen, Lizardmen, and Ghost Trains, and that's just a few.

Hopefully the theming of the ride will match the poster graphics.

I have Eerie Indiana series on DVD and live in Indiana, but I don't think I've even watched any of it. I have probably owned it for a decade or more. ha!

• Like 2

This has been a great topic to follow all year! 

It's great to escape from the real world for a bit and just read comments about your passions. I really do love reading everyone's posts. It's great to learn from people that know so much more about the topic at hand than yourself, and that is the case for me. Thanks to everyone. I look forward to tonight!

• Like 5