Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I actually think this will be a great "upper-middle" ride. Plus I think the theming will be the real winner with this ride. We have a lot of good high thrill rides but not enough that are a little less extreme but still really fun. This ride will be fun

• Like 11

Not every ride needs to be the tallest, fastest, most inversions, etc. I know KI and GCI will be putting together a great ride that many people can and will enjoy. I certainly won't write off a ride based on a POV, especially a virtual POV! Let me ride it before I judge. I personally like some variety in a park, and I think this only adds to an already great lineup at KI!

• Like 18

But this ISN'T Timber. It's not about logging.

Look again at the logo... the shed... the artwork... the promo video... the forest is taking over. There's something enchanting and magical and dark going on here. That's the point.

• Like 11

I'm sure it will be great, but isn't this just an updated version of The Racer with different scenery as far as height, hills, out and back?

Oh my.

If I were going to compare this ride to ANYTHING familiar at Kings Island, it would be The Beast. What in the world is this comparison to Racer that keeps popping up? 

Racer = out and back wooden coaster of continuous arcing airtime hills.

Mystic Timbers = winding, curving, slaloming, twisted ride through a dark forest ending with a secret element.

• Like 16

I just watched a video of Verbolten after seeing it mentioned a few times already, if it has a drop like that, that'll be amazing. I, for one, am excited about this. I agree that it's a nice mid-upper level ride. Wonder what the height requirement will be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm officially guessing Mystery Forest. Based off every single clue that I have read in this topic.

:mellow:  Actually surprised that I was somewhat close on my guess. Anyways the ride looks like what would happen if The Beast and The Racer had a baby. AKA it probably will be a very fun ride especially at night. Still confused like the rest of you on what Greg meant by there being two major announcements for 2017. Also, does this mean we have to start a decoding episode 2.5 topic for #WhatsInTheShed? lol

• Like 12

Best announcement in my 25 years of visiting the park.  Exactly what I've been hoping for.

It's probably going to be great, but I'm not getting exactly what you've been hoping for for 25 years? You been hoping for a Racer like coaster with Beast like scenery?

• Like 1

Also I don't really like the name. They could have just called it Timber and I would have been fine with that.

Also I don't really like the name. They could have just called it Timber and I would have been fine with that.

I'm happy with the Creepy Buckeye theme. We Are eerie, and we live in a temperate rainforest. (When dealing with Londoners, I tell them I live around Wright Patt; they say "Hangar 18' before they say "Orville and Wilbur".)

I think it's grand. It represents us very well.

The POV can only show the eyes what to expect. Once we hop on, and fly by the trees, it'll be great. One of my favorite things about The Beast is tearing through the woods.

Look at Adventure Express- on paper it's nothing, but riding it is fun.

It's too early to ask the height requirement to ride it, but I'm hoping for it to be available for more kids than the more heavy duty coasters.

Edit to add: Rod Serling was a Buckeye. How more mystic and wooden can you get?

• Like 11

Not a bad addition, and sure to be fun even if I'm a bit underwhelmed.  Looking at the shed renderings though on the Kings Island website if they are at all accurate I don't see where they could put a drop track.  What else could it be in there though?  And how will it effect capacity on a coaster with no mid-course?   Also please fire whomever is behind the name.

• Like 2

I'm excited! I can't wait to find out what's in the box!

The pov looks nice, I feel like I'll be able to ride this without hurting my neck. And the airtime looks like fun! I hope they go all-out with the theming. It's really cool that they're leaving some mystery to it, kind of like when Tomb Raider first opened. I'm excited to see the box get new life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Not a bad addition, and sure to be fun even if I'm a bit underwhelmed.  Looking at the shed renderings though on the Kings Island website if they are at all accurate I don't see where they could put a drop track.  What else could it be in there though?  And how will it effect capacity on a coaster with no mid-course?   Also please fire whomever is behind the name.

Agreed about the rendering, but look instead at the shed on the POV video. Even though we can't assume that's accurate, they literally added... well... just look and see.

• Like 2

I seriously doubt there's a drop track... That would involve engineering by the builder/manufacturer - the GCI Rep explicitly stated even he didn't know what would happen in the "shed." I expect what happens will fit the "mystic" theme... And the lumber mill theme on the outside of the structure.

I think this is a perfect choice addition to the KI coaster collection. I love GCIs and am super excited they are going with the millennium flyer trains. For those naysayers - give it a chance. This thing will be an awesome night ride no doubt- and some of the best woodies are terrain hungers.

• Like 18

I'm happy with the Creepy Buckeye theme. We Are eerie, and we live in a temperate rainforest. (When dealing with Londoners, I tell them I live around Wright Patt; they say "Hangar 18' before they say "Orville and Wilbur".)

I think it's grand. It represents us very well.

The POV can only show the eyes what to expect. Once we hop on, and fly by the trees, it'll be great. One of my favorite things about The Beast is tearing through the woods.

Look at Adventure Express- on paper it's nothing, but riding it is fun.

It's too early to ask the height requirement to ride it, but I'm hoping for it to be available for more kids than the more heavy duty coasters.

It will be 48 according to Don in an interview with KIC

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 3