Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Jeez, people. Can we at least be happy Kings Island is getting a new coaster? 

It may be a little underwhelming by the visuals, but not by the experience.

I completely agree with this, I for one am very excited we're going to get a GCI. Im sure it'll be great at night and tbh it just looks fun. You don't need astounding heights or speed for that. I am one who usually sets expectations too high and this time I decided not to. I decided to be happy with whatever we got, and I am.  :D

• Like 8

The shed could have some animatronic trees that try to grab you maybe? I like the idea of a funhouse track section that rocks back and forth.

Also did you guys see this thing will have 3 trains? Has GCI ever done that before?

Wodan has three trains. I'm not sure if there's any others that do. The majority of them run two.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Lot's of good information about the ride in this paragraph from the official website. (http://mystictimbers.visitkingsisland.com/explore-the-woods/press-release)

Mystic Timbers is custom designed and built for the topography of Kings Island by Great Coasters International, Inc. (GCI) of Sunbury, Pennsylvania. Three trains will accommodate 24 passengers each (four riders per car and six cars per train) with a capacity of 1,275 riders per hour. Guests must be at least 48 inches tall to ride. The ride experience will last more than two minutes.

• Like 10

I haven't posted in years but one thing I hear all the time is many of the rides at Kings Island have no theme. Well this goes to show the park is listening. This has a theme to it. I don't have a link to it right now but there is a video on the official Web page that shows the coaster trains, they will be themed to the truck Kings Island has been showing.

This looks like a solid coaster that has been well planned out. I'm sure whatever is in the shed will enhance the ride.

• Like 18

I haven't posted in years but one thing I hear all the time is many of the rides at Kings Island have no theme. Well this goes to show the park is listening. This has a theme to it. I don't have a link to it right now but there is a video on the official Web page that shows the coaster trains, they will be themed to the truck Kings Island has been showing.

This looks like a solid coaster that has been well planned out. I'm sure whatever is in the shed will enhance the ride.

ki_mt-firstdrop_micrositerendering.jpg

Found it. I guess the truck was a clue after all! (http://mystictimbers.visitkingsisland.com/nature-rises/ride-renderings)

• Like 12

The Racer

Drop: 82ft

Length: 3415ft

Speed: 53mph

Mystic Timbers:

Drop: 109ft

Length: 3265ft

Obviously ride stats don't define if a ride is good or not, but I think this shows that Mystic Timbers isn't really filling any gap in Kings Island's coaster lineup. Mystic Timbers will probably be better than The Racer; I would have just prefered this ride to be different.

• Like 1

Don't be mean. Most of us had speculation that was pretty far off from what we got.

Well 99% of us also said "well I could be wrong but I think it's this..."

Vs.

'I know I'm right you will see how credible I am during the announcement'.

Just making sure we all remember that. :)

I am SOOO excited for this (and even I wanted a RMC). Great job KI PR!!

• Like 17

The Racer

Drop: 82ft

Length: 3415ft

Mystic Timbers:

Drop: 109ft

Length: 3265ft

Obviously ride stats don't define if a ride is good or not, but I think this shows that Mystic Timbers isn't really filling any gap in Kings Island's coaster lineup. Mystic Timbers will probably be better than The Racer; I would have just prefered this ride to be different.

And as people have said time and time again:

Stats mean NOTHING.

• Like 9

Depending on the shed, it could have a dark ride portion. The airtime hills are mixed with some turns that can provide some nice laterals, it also gives a sense of speed and hovering in your seat. 

I would wait until you ride it to make a final decision on it. I think it will surprise quite a few of the RMC crowd.

Edit: Well there were a lot of posts made between mine and the one I was responding to, so this was aimed at people comparing Racer and Mystic Timbers.

• Like 6

It does look quite awesome, I do have to admit. I love a wooded scenery  and water crossing.  The elements we don't know about will be icing on the cake.  The actual coaster layout and location was figured out very early in this thread. Here are a few words from the description on KI site: ..... " medusa-like growth of vines as nature moved in"......   What's so funny is that I was researching Medusa today because I was going to suggest that as a name. One of my names was Timber Falls so I want half credit. :)     Where exactly is this shed going to be?

There are some renderings on the site that KI has put up right here: http://mystictimbers.visitkingsisland.com/nature-rises/ride-renderings

They also have a video showing the outside of the shed, I added a screenshot of that below.

ki_mt-layout_micrositerendering.jpg

wBLS0je.png

• Like 13