The Racer

Drop: 82ft

Length: 3415ft

Speed: 53mph

Mystic Timbers:

Drop: 109ft

Length: 3265ft

Obviously ride stats don't define if a ride is good or not, but I think this shows that Mystic Timbers isn't really filling any gap in Kings Island's coaster lineup. Mystic Timbers will probably be better than The Racer; I would have just prefered this ride to be different.

And as people have said time and time again:

Stats mean NOTHING.

Read my post again. I'm not saying stats define a ride. I'm not saying Mystic Timbers won't be a good ride. I'm not saying I won't enjoy the ride. All I'm saying is that this ride really does not fill any "gaps" for Kings Island.

The Racer

Mystic Timbers:

Obviously ride stats don't define if a ride is good or not, but I think this shows that Mystic Timbers isn't really filling any gap in Kings Island's coaster lineup. Mystic Timbers will probably be better than The Racer; I would have just prefered this ride to be different.

Stats mean NOTHING.

Read my post again. I'm not saying stats define a ride. I'm not saying Mystic Timbers won't be a good ride. I'm not saying I won't enjoy the ride. All I'm saying is that this ride really does not fill any "gaps" for Kings Island.

Well sure it does! You gotta look at the ride experience. Does KI currently have a fast paced, twisty, airtime filled ride that is designed with the 48" audience in mind? Now they will! Right now you have to go to Diamondback for the airtime and, well, maybe Flight of Fear for the fast pace. I'm quite excited for this ride and I think it will be unlike anything else the park has to offer in terms of the onride experience!

• Like 11

The Racer

Mystic Timbers:

Stats mean NOTHING.

I did read your post. You said, "Mystic Timbers isn't really filling any gap in King's Island's coaster lineup." In that line, you are are defining the coaster based on it's stats. The Racer opened in 1972. Mystic Timbers in 2017. That's 45 years of advances in coaster design.

So, I'll say again:

Stats mean NOTHING.

• Like 6

Have to say I'm a little disappointed. I fail to see how this ride is any different than The Racer (plus a few more curves).

Some people were even disappointed with the addition of Banshee and Diamondback. You have to wait and see. Use your imagination.

I'm officially guessing Mystery Forest. Based off every single clue that I have read in this topic.

:mellow:  Actually surprised that I was somewhat close on my guess. Anyways the ride looks like what would happen if The Beast and The Racer had a baby. AKA it probably will be a very fun ride especially at night. Still confused like the rest of you on what Greg meant by there being two major announcements for 2017. Also, does this mean we have to start a decoding episode 2.5 topic for #WhatsInTheShed? lol

The GCI guy said they used Racer and Beast as inspiration so... makes sense! :P

---

Also.. No one is happy that we are getting trick-track at Kings Island again since King Cobra left? But this time with VERY comfortable seats!... unless alterations are made to the trains later on in typical KI fashion.

I'm still very interested in how the train getting back from Soak City will work out and the paths for getting from the entrance plaza to the Station. 

• Like 13

It looks like a fun coaster! 3300 feet and 3 trains? How is that going to work? Maybe "the shed" is an elaborate way to get it to run with 3 trains without people getting bored on the brake run?

Looked like there is a block brake before the shed and there almost certainly will be one after the shed but before the station.

• Like 1

Here's my thoughts:

The ride looks great. BUT, I'm extremely confused. What's the shed? If that's being announced in spring, then what's all that about mid August? If someone knows please tell me because I'm just lost.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

The contents of the shed will remain a secret until the opening of the coaster, however, Greg did say something about making every ride a little different.

Also.... Come mid-August, there will be a finalization of additional capital improvements that will be announced later.... My guess... Something is going into the big box too!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

Does Cedar Point offer season passes or do we have to get platinum next year?

So you're considering buying a pass that works at Kings Island and is a park in the same chain?

CF had some say in this ride, too. ;)

You're confusing yourself even within your own argument.  

• Like 6

Also another tip, riding it right at the beginning of the season next year will give a different ride then later in the year, got to let it break in. I for one am extremely happy we are getting a new coaster, and a fun action packed GCI is a perfect fit for the park.

• Like 10

I'm guessing the Shed is going to have the mascot/villian(Medusa figure) of the ride in there, probably with some screens showing vines growing and covering the room before quickly escaping back into the station. 

And for the second announcement I'm guessing we're getting some kind of Dark Ride(Plants Vs. Zombies) or a Flat in The Crypt building.

I think 2017 will be a very successful year for Kings Island.

And to all the bummed out Giga Fanboys, this ride is probably here to tide you over until we get our Giga, and to bring in some extra money for it. A few years we will have our Giga. Slow down and enjoy the process.

• Like 14