Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I personally kind of like the name. I think it fits the level of intensity they are going for with this ride. For sure better than the dumb name of Valravn.

I like it too.  I would have been thrilled to have a 350-foot Giga, but this is a ride my family of 5 will all ride together.  And I won't have to spend time trying to explain to my kids---or myself---what the name means.  :-)

• Like 4

The name has grown on me a little since its first announcement. At least it has all its vowels in the proper places for American English, and isn't difficult to pronounce nor has ambiguous pronunciation. I'm not in love with it, but I still enjoyed riding Top Gun after it was blandly renamed Flight Deck, so I'm not super hung up on the name.

Plus, when I reached level 5 in Pokemon Go! I picked Team Mystic. So, you know, this ride is for me :)

I'm a fan of Angry Orchard hard ciders, so I kind of like the tree guy on the t-shirts. However, I'm not so sure how much that brewery is going to like it. There's always a soft spot in my heart for anthropomorphic trees.

• Like 8

Could it be the same graphic artist?

I've had people come in with one of my ads over ten years old and ask me if I can "Do something like this?'

The brewery is in Cincinnati.

Megenta Lizard "Are you saying their t-shirts aren't what they ought?"

(As sour-faced trees throw shirts at you.)

• Like 4

It amazes me they can come up with a name like that and it still not be unique. Mystic Timber even sells "tools" called Beasts.

https://mystictimber.com/

Angry Orchard is based in New Jersey or New York, I forget which, even though they do have a brewery in Cincy. I don't think their artwork is done here. There's only so many ways to draw an anthropomorphic old tree man, tho, so it is going to feel familiar.

• Like 9

Ok my final thoughts on the announcement. I'm still as excited as before! I do like the name. I feel some people were kind of let down because the name wasn't more intimidating but I do believe the name will grow ;) on everyone.

Imo the best part of the announcement was the opening video. The production was amazing and it was super impressive watching nature slowly take over the park and I was in love with the way the Eiffel tower sprouted into the Giant Tree of life. I could watch that video over and over(and have done so quite a few times =)

As for the ride, 16, let me say it again 16 air time hills, extreme S turn, and 3k+ feet of track whipping in and out of trees and water and over the train and wwc sounds great to me! And then we have the shed. Hard to tell what they have up their sleeves there but I don't believe they will disappoint on this one(I'm sure they know everyone's feelings about AE) I expect some top of the line theming and hope to be chased out of the shed by the revenging nature. Now I'm aware some were upset that the shed wasn't revealed but I'm excited with the fact that I've seen a good part of the coaster but when I ride it the first time there will still be a surprise.

Now on to my second favorite part of the announcement.... The other announcement that was announced coming in August. We are already awaiting a great new coaster(to those doubters get back to me after you ride it) but they have something else for us announcement worthy in store for next year too! I mean come on if that doesn't excite you in the least your probably in the wrong forums. It's already looking like a Best Year in 2017 when KI will celebrate their 45th.

Sent from Me using Tapatalk

• Like 15

I guess I'm gonna go ahead and leave the forum. Thank you to the people who took pictures and posted for those who couldn't be here! I can't wait to ride Mystic Timbers!  I've had a lot of laughs over all this. But now that a lot of the arguing is dying down I think I'll stop reading this forum. lol jk :lol:

• Like 8

It amazes me they can come up with a name like that and it still not be unique. Mystic Timber even sells "tools" called Beasts. https://mystictimber.com/

Angry Orchard is based in New Jersey or New York, I forget which, even though they do have a brewery in Cincy. I don't think their artwork is done here. There's only so many ways to draw an anthropomorphic old tree man, tho, so it is going to feel familiar.

A high end roach clip company. That is hilarious.

I remember as a kid in the 70s one of the game prizes at SFSTL was an alligator clip attached to a foot long feather. In elementary school we just thought they were silly decorations, by high school we all realized what the park was up to.

When we first move to Omaha about 13 years ago the city just launched a new promotional and marketing campaign for the city. There were 9 members of the board that spent 200k on developing the campaign and none had noticed it already had a connotation. The campaign for Omaha: The Big O!

• Like 4

Did KI mention what "Thrill Rating" MT was getting? A 3 or maybe a 4?

It amazes me they can come up with a name like that and it still not be unique. Mystic Timber even sells "tools" called Beasts. https://mystictimber.com/

A high end roach clip company. That is hilarious.

I remember as a kid in the 70s one of the game prizes at SFSTL was an alligator clip attached to a foot long feather. In elementary school we just thought they were silly decorations, by high school we all realized what the park was up to.

Forgive my cluelessness but I am lost.

• Like 1

^ This is going back many, many years mind you. When you smoke a "cigarette" you roll yourself one wants to smoke as much of it as possible but it gets so short it burns your fingers. So you put it in clip such as the ones Mystic Timber sells.

I suppose we now know what is going on in the shed. :)

• Like 10

In the intro video, I wonder if the paver with the star is a nod to MagentaLizard?

Well I know I'm a star of the forums and all *blushes*

Just kidding. I don't understand what you mean tho.

Didn't you post in this forum, or in the theming rundown forum, a picture of the stars from Tower Gardens, with a comment about how you had never seen them, and they must have been leftover from the PP days?
It was me that posted it!

Nope, although I remember that post. I have known for awhile the pavers are a holdover from the Paramount days. The ones with writing on, from The Paramount Story, have just been flipped face down, too.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'm sure this topic will get locked soon, but I want to make my last post in this topic. I think the shed is a quick little animation and the train will slowly creep back into the station afterwards. I doubt we'll see a drop track, just my two cents on that.

• Like 7

I just have to say, I'm super excited for this ride! I'm hoping for ejector airtime like on Voyage. Also, the theming looks absolutely amazing (especially the lead car).

As for the shed, I thought of a drop track, but many people are making me think otherwise. I'm really interested to see what it is.

If this is anything like Prowler or Renegade, from what I've been told, were in for a treat! Great addition for KI (even though I wanted a giga). This looks like a great addition to the park!

Also, for people upset about the new coaster, take a step back and think about such places as Michigans Adventure. They would love an addition like this. If you don't like it, there's still all the other things there from before, just with slightly shorter lines! It's a win-win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I just have to say, I'm super excited for this ride! I'm hoping for ejector airtime like on Voyage. Also, the theming looks absolutely amazing (especially the lead car).

As for the shed, I thought of a drop track, but many people are making me think otherwise. I'm really interested to see what it is.

If this is anything like Prowler or Renegade, from what I've been told, were in for a treat! Great addition for KI (even though I wanted a giga). This looks like a great addition to the park!

Also, for people upset about the new coaster, take a step back and think about such places as Michigans Adventure. They would love an addition like this. If you don't like it, there's still all the other things there from before, just with slightly shorter lines! It's a win-win!

This is what I am talking about. Kings Island brings in the 3rd highest revenue in the chain. It is ridiculous to put ki and places like Michigan's adventure in the same breath

• Like 1

I can't believe no one commented on this sooner:

Also how Great was it to see KIC's very own PKI Punk last night talking about Mystic Timbers? Now he will play a huge role in designing and building a coaster for his home park. That is just awesome!

Are you saying Adam House used to post on these very forums?

If so that is trully amazing and cool.

• Like 11

It appears Mystic Timbers isn't running Millenium Flyers, it seems. The press release states the trains will seat four per car.

If we get those awful PTC trains....

^^ No it is 100% wooden from what we can see.

I think you misunderstand my concern..

On my screen 2 posts above mine is someone asking if the supports were steel.
Ahhhh makes more sense lol...

The t-shirts have some tie dye influence. KCKC used to be where I would smell weed while in the que line. Many, but not, weed smokers, sport tie dye shirts. The tree in the ride's logo looks like the angry tree from the Wizard of Oz. Maybe there is a connection to the Tin Man boat after all.

Maybe it will be sponsored by mystictimber.com, a company that sells wooden pipes. Maybe the shed is just filled with smoke and everybody comes back to the station high.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

This is what I am talking about. Kings Island brings in the 3rd highest revenue in the chain. It is ridiculous to put ki and places like Michigan's adventure in the same breath

Please, for the love of god, it's over. Move on.

• Like 12

The t-shirts have some tie dye influence. KCKC used to be where I would smell weed while in the que line. Many, but not, weed smokers, sport tie dye shirts. The tree in the ride's logo looks like the angry tree from the Wizard of Oz. Maybe there is a connection to the Tin Man boat after all.

Maybe it will be sponsored by mystictimber.com, a company that sells wooden pipes. Maybe the shed is just filled with smoke and everybody comes back to the station high.
The shed will have doors and when they open up it will be like Spicoli's van (Sean Penn) in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uWiYphJUS7Q

• Like 3

Well it's been nice decoding with all the heated debate of is it a Giga vs Woodie to GCI vs RMC this forum kept going on with minimal interruption by trolls

Good job decoding and speculating everyone see you in a few years when KI gets it's next roller coaster

• Like 5

I hated the name of this coaster until I read this. Now I can't cease laughing!

"Mystic Timbers! The only coaster to be named by real mystics, doing mystical things, with mystical accessories!"

• Like 6

Mystic Timbers name is already starting to grow on me. It will become a household name down the road. Look at all the ridiculous band names that became commonplace after a while. Hootie and the Blowfish, Toad The Wet Sprocket, Chumbawumba. ha!

• Like 6

I can't believe no one commented on this sooner:

Also how Great was it to see KIC's very own PKI Punk last night talking about Mystic Timbers? Now he will play a huge role in designing and building a coaster for his home park. That is just awesome!

Are you saying Adam House used to post on these very forums?

If so that is trully amazing and cool.

Yes he was known around these parts as PKI Punk during the PKIC days and eventually became less active on the site as he began interning for GCI and now look at him today.

• Like 14