Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

They did learn, after Gatekeeper's entire website leaked in advance of the announcement. Parts of the real Banshee site didn't leak until the morning of announcement day.

Cedar Fair's web team knows by now that fans like to read CSS files and guess URLs.

And you can also find lots of interesting things with wget.
  • Like 3

I've posted the most recent pictures. All the unpainted pieces are for the wing rider. They are purposely hiding the green track stickers.

Folks if you want good pictures of the track and to be able to identify the stickers "legally" you are going or need at least a 200mm zoom lens and a decent camera. A point and shoot or phone camera is not going to be able to zoom in on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

From my two visits to the park this season I am kinda torn that this clearing in Rivertown is just the renovation for WWC and the new entrance and exit... I am not 100% convinced but I am leaning towards this being a "park upgrade" and maybe a Rivertown upgrade for project 2018...

Not trying to crush anyone's dreams or hopes for our "alleged" Cowboy Coaster, I mean if we have some "Intamin Credits" we are well overdue to use them unless Cedar Fair is saving them for parts and maintenance on TTD, Maverick, Wicked Twister, or Millenium Force lmao!!!

• Like 4

^If you read here enough, you'll learn why, and its a pretty rational chain of events to lead them that way.

Just sayin'.  

Is it really that hard to accept that Cedar Fair nor Six Flags are willing to work with Intamin?

Why aren't you guys railing on Intamin, if you like them so much, for making better products or having better safety standards?

• Like 1

Well, I like the new path. It's a nice change from the old, 1985-era nature hike.  Some guests need to get over the 'wait-behind-the-yellow-line" rule when the gates are closed for the train (I heard a lot of smart-alec remarks on Saturday, but the employee maintained his professionalism beautifully). Cool new views of Diamondback have been opened up, too. Not even paying attention to the red herring wall at the old entrance site. Not this year.

• Like 6

@silver2005 I completely agree!! I love the Cedar Point installations of the great Dick Kinzel/Intamin Era!!! TTD, WT, Maverick, MF, and even STR!!! But I also value human life beyond the idea of "acceptable accidents" give me a good old forceful B&M, i.e. Banshee, over a maintainance nightmare, i.e. Maverick or TTD for KI anyday!!!

• Like 4

@thrill_biscuit I appreciate the new entrance as well!!! A vast improvement that was long overdue, I never cared about the long hike from the midway but some of the GP may have felt otherwise. The new queue/entrance is awesome and overdue!!!

Now if we could figure out a better use for the hike back to The Bat... that'd be great...

• Like 7

Also for those of us not Instagram, posting a picture from something stating its Kings Island is misleading and does nothing but stir the pot more. It does not help the convo at all

Never in my post did I say that that photo came from Kings Island itself. I simply credited the account from which the picture came. If you assumed that it was from the park that is your fault. You know- this forum has not made me or my contributions feel welcome at all. It honestly just makes me upset that no one can just have fun determining if things are clues and enjoying coaster talk together. Everyone has to prove they're right and belittle those with different opinions. This doesn't want to make me join any enthusiast groups if that's how it will be. Sorry to have "stirred the pot" though if silly words on a screen really ruffle your feathers that much I'm actually sorry for you. Don't worry- I won't be contributing further.

• Like 12

@beastlyBanshee I hate the you felt targeted or called out, I felt the same way when I joined Pointbuzz, CoasterBuzz, and even here at KICentral but I have learned to just let the little things roll off my back. Don't let anyone keep you from posting here, speculation is what keeps these forums going! And again not hating on anyone but just encouraging new members to not afraid to post because of comments that may follow.

MIcoasterguy who is a homegrown coaster enthusiast,born and raised on trips to Cedar Point and ventured out to other theme parks as an adult, not affiliated with any coaster clubs, sites, or any other bs that doesn't matter lmao!!!

I love to hear what people think are coming, that's what fuels our speculation!!!

• Like 9

@Vortexlover I am #peanutbutterandjealous because you have lived my dream!!! I almost put my career on hold to go work at CP this summer lol

I dont work there but was just noting that some on this fourm do. Haha!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1. If you post about something you could say from xx which is not part of the park. Sorry you feel that way but your allowed to post what you want and others are allowed to comment on that if you don't like it well.... No one is forcing you to participate

2. Also no one acts like they are employed by the park. Some people are employed by the park, some people work in the field, and others don't like BS

• Like 5