Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

@beastgal I have been around since 2007 lurking in the shadows but never made an account til the first big decoding forum of 2014 aka Banshee, however the time I have been an enthusiast far exceedes that timeline...

MICoasterguy who has ridden over 100 coasters in my 36 years, has an interest in being employed at Cedar Fair, and worked towards being in the industry his entire time in college...

• Like 5

@beastgal I have been around since 2007 lurking in the shadows but never made an account til the first big decoding forum of 2014 aka Banshee, however the time I have been an enthusiast far exceedes that timeline...

MICoasterguy who has ridden over 100 coasters in my 36 years, has an interest in being employed at Cedar Fair, and worked towards being in the industry his entire time in college...

Not talking about you. I am talking about people that act like "yes" men for the park.

• Like 1

The snarky attitude from some is getting old, I agree. It is important to remember that time is hard to read in a post so we must word what we say more carefully to ensure that our intent is clear. For instance, Shark I have agreed with you just as much as disagreed in many of your posts, and I don't at all believe that you are trying to be unwelcoming or condescending, but I can see where new posters may get some of those feelings from some of your posts with the way they are stated.

As for the whole BeastGal's husband I agree with whoever stated its that horse is dead. Every should feel free to refute/support other people's ideas and predictions, but let's keep it cordial. The vast majority of us know the same amount about what is coming next season after all.

As for my prediction after riding the train, I am really beginning to think this is not a coaster. There is very little clearing from what I saw (bear in mind this was last Sunday). I'd love to be wrong though, and they definitely could speed up soon and make serious progress quickly. Either way it's exciting!

• Like 12

I'm going to go off the latest "clue", which I have heard looks to be the fastest wing or wooden coaster. Now out of these 2 ride types the location screams woodie to me, I just can't really think of a wing coaster theme that would tie into the area. I personally feel like a wing coaster would work best in the X-base area or a possible replacement for either Bat or Vortex as both have good terrain to work with.

Now if we are going a wooden coaster the 2 front runners imo are GCI or RMC. GCI has a quality product that are reliable and offers a unique experience compared to the other woodies we have at the park, the only downside could be capacity. RMC are the new guys that offer a "wooden" experience unlike any other manufacturer with their inversions and very smooth track, but the manufacturer has had some issues in their short lifetime. 

Edit: I am still not on a team yet, but this is what I saw from the possible "leak".

• Like 2

59c34cf23584a59a10e54f37373ade83.jpg

Apparently a lot of unpainted pieces as well? Credit to @KingsIslandOhio Instagram account

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...which is NOT the park's account, misleading as that may be.

Very well aware of that, Terp. Thanks.

I know you are.

Others may not be.

Also for those of us not Instagram, posting a picture from something stating its Kings Island is misleading and does nothing but stir the pot more. It does not help the convo at all

Also for those of us not Instagram, posting a picture from something stating its Kings Island is misleading and does nothing but stir the pot more. It does not help the convo at all

Never in my post did I say that that photo came from Kings Island itself. I simply credited the account from which the picture came. If you assumed that it was from the park that is your fault. You know- this forum has not made me or my contributions feel welcome at all. It honestly just makes me upset that no one can just have fun determining if things are clues and enjoying coaster talk together. Everyone has to prove they're right and belittle those with different opinions. This doesn't want to make me join any enthusiast groups if that's how it will be. Sorry to have "stirred the pot" though if silly words on a screen really ruffle your feathers that much I'm actually sorry for you. Don't worry- I won't be contributing further.

Some people act like they are employed by the park for some reason

1. If you post about something you could say from xx which is not part of the park. Sorry you feel that way but your allowed to post what you want and others are allowed to comment on that if you don't like it well.... No one is forcing you to participate

2. Also no one acts like they are employed by the park. Some people are employed by the park, some people work in the field, and others don't like BS

@shark I'm a bit confused... what does post pertain to?

That should catch you up. My post pertains to the ones I quoted. For some reason when I sent it it got buried. My bad!

• Like 2

Not talking about you. I am talking about people that act like "yes" men for the park.

Hey Beast Gal how's it going. Hope you are doing great.

Also, don't need to defend the post count comment but for anyone who cares.... A new poster posted a trolling comment, when I clicked on his name it said he was banned so I made he comment that a banned poster shouldn't be taken too seriously. Evidently it was just a tap talk error. So then it became my error. But yes sure I hate people with low post counts.

• Like 1

I am hoping that my favorite park gets a Giga from B&M since my home park, @CP doesn't have one, I love Millennium Force but Leviathan and Fury325 are completely different from the experience that Diamondback gives, and Diamondback is my #3 coaster out of 110 lol, I would welcome a Giga, but am doubtful as of now...

• Like 4

I love that you have 110 coasters ranked. I'm a terrible park guest I have my top 5 (maybe) and don't remember many of them :/.

I'll be honest if nothing else changes at the park I'm happy about the covered walk way

• Like 8

The snarky attitude from some is getting old, I agree. It is important to remember that time is hard to read in a post so we must word what we say more carefully to ensure that our intent is clear. For instance, Shark I have agreed with you just as much as disagreed in many of your posts, and I don't at all believe that you are trying to be unwelcoming or condescending, but I can see where new posters may get some of those feelings from some of your posts with the way they are stated.

As for the whole BeastGal's husband I agree with whoever stated its that horse is dead. Every should feel free to refute/support other people's ideas and predictions, but let's keep it cordial. The vast majority of us know the same amount about what is coming next season after all.

As for my prediction after riding the train, I am really beginning to think this is not a coaster. There is very little clearing from what I saw (bear in mind this was last Sunday). I'd love to be wrong though, and they definitely could speed up soon and make serious progress quickly. Either way it's exciting!

If we all agreed we wouldn't have ice cream flavors a or different foods or different rides. It would be terribly boring. And I don't mean to be condescending.

What do you think it could be.

• Like 1

Don't look into this too much folks...

This is not a "leak" in the same way The Bat Wing Coaster "leak" was.

Now, I doubt this is a Wing Coaster in the sense that it might not seem all that different from Banshee in the eyes of most guests.

The key is to have a change to excite the guests.

**Note: IF we want to see a 2017 coaster, we're going to want to see concrete poured soon, (It may have already been out of our sight).

Many "lily pads" = wood. Large footers = steel

• Like 6

@beastlyBanshee I hate the you felt targeted or called out, I felt the same way when I joined Pointbuzz, CoasterBuzz, and even here at KICentral but I have learned to just let the little things roll off my back. Don't let anyone keep you from posting here, speculation is what keeps these forums going! And again not hating on anyone but just encouraging new members to not afraid to post because of comments that may follow.

MIcoasterguy who is a homegrown coaster enthusiast,born and raised on trips to Cedar Point and ventured out to other theme parks as an adult, not affiliated with any coaster clubs, sites, or any other bs that doesn't matter lmao!!!

I love to hear what people think are coming, that's what fuels our speculation!!!

I had to quote this because I too feel the same way when reading the responses on this forum. No one should speak down or belittle someone for opinions, even if you work at the park. 

Correcting one is welcome, and I think needed, but sometimes the tone at which this is done is not very friendly. I encourage everyone to come at this discussion with a welcoming and friendly attitude!

And back to the speculation that I learn so much about from you ALL!

• Like 13

So back to actual info instead of sniping, griping, and discussing other parks :)

There are a lot of trees marked for destruction in between the reservoir and the old path (near the pay tubes)ae9809c821206bfa1092f27da33fe334.jpg

701fdb9122ace7a105d12e9086d07a76.jpg

These were all marked green on their other side.

Also, a couple markers near the new entrance path

3f9f360e8360b8cc55d0de0ea60643e9.jpg

ede8d96ebff560315b0fd69c1b7a83ad.jpg

This one is next to the reservoir.

• Like 23