Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Hey everybody. Just caught up with the thread. :)

For you guys who are new, or just anybody. :) I can tell you the Decoding 2014 thread had much more bickering, arguing and condescension than this thread has had so far. Been fairly civil compared to that thread so far. Don't absolutely take a member with a bigger post count or been here longer correcting or debating you as condescension right away. Most of the time they are just helping. Post count and how long they have been here doesn't really matter to most, including me. Post count is more quality over quantity, it doesn't matter if you have 2,000 posts or 100, it's the quality of those said posts that matter. KIC is a close, tight knit community, we are like a big eccentric coaster loving family. I personally give every new member a chance to become apart of this coaster family. I know others may not but I have huge patience with everybody. :) About 98% of the time when a member is correcting you, they are helping you(shark you were helping) the other 2% is another story entirely.

Remember though, still not even entirely too late for more clearing to happen. It takes a while for them to kill a 40 year + old forest. Banshee and Fury 325 did not have as much foliage(Banshee had barely any at all except for a few low honeysuckles) to clear as Kings Islands current project. Whatever is being built if it is big will take a bit more time than Banshee took due to more obstacles.

I don't think they would start teasing this early for a 2018 attraction or a ride of relatively unimportance compared to a rollercoaster or major thrill ride.

I'm on team rollercoaster. What it is? Not entirely sure yet. We need more evidence. The overthinking lull stage two is still here. It will change in a month, I can almost be certain about that.

Just my thoughts! :)

• Like 16

Ki guy thank you for your contribution unlike all the fanboys.

Highly, highly ironic.

How long are the moderators going to let this troll go on?

Until our cowboy coaster is built with those boat credits, of course.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Best post of the day goes to @bm0324!!! Will we have left over credits for a new Intamin Inverted Impulse Coaster for KI???

We have to wait for another Intamin product to nearly kill people. Only then will we get more credits.

• Like 4

Best post of the day goes to @bm0324!!! Will we have left over credits for a new Intamin Inverted Impulse Coaster for KI???

We have to wait for another Intamin product to nearly kill people. Only then will we get more credits.

Shoot the Rapids wasn't enough?!?!? If not for the quick response of park goers and not employees, that situation could have turned out alot worse...

@shark. I can't make my mind be up what I think it is lol. Earlier today I thought a flat and maybe a begun know not to a expansion of Rivertown. Now thatI have seen those last pictures on t seems this is gong to get bigger so I am startI got to lean wood coaster now. It's all just been hunches for me because I am not nearly as good at imagining the path these markers could create or how much space is available to begin with. I am so impressed with some of the hypothetical footprints people on here come up with because it's hard for me to Mao things up to n my mind like that.

• Like 3

Ok, so does anyone have any suggestions of what "3' OFF B/C" means? Check my post on the last page if you missed it.

I'm not sure. I would love to know if anyone does. Seems your posts were passed over with people attacking Beast Gal. Please quit being hostile to other people. If you don't have something good to day. Don't say anything. This is a decoding thread. Be nice to people so more people stay on here and feel welcome.
  • Like 4

Ok, so does anyone have any suggestions of what "3' OFF B/C" means? Check my post on the last page if you missed it.

I'm not sure. I would love to know if anyone does. Seems your posts were passed over with people attacking Beast Gal. Please quit being hostile to other people. If you don't have something good to day. Don't say anything. This is a decoding thread. Be nice to people so more people stay on here and feel welcome.
Where I work B/C stands for bolt circle. So I would translate this to "3'off bolt circle"

That doesnt necessarily mean that it means the same thing here.

• Like 10

I genuinely thought it was going to be more obvious to people, although it is a little comforting I'm not the only one who doesn't have a clue what 3' OFF B/C means*.

I'm also a little curious about the PVC pipe seen in one of those photos. It's a decent sized one.

* marking three feet from where the (cow)Boy Coaster track will go? :P

• Like 9

I genuinely thought it was going to be more obvious to people, although it is a little comforting I'm not the only one who doesn't have a clue what 3' OFF B/C means*.

I'm also a little curious about the PVC pipe seen in one of those photos. It's a decent sized one.

* marking three feet from where the (cow)Boy Coaster track will go? :P

"B/C" typically means "back of curb" as in a roadway curb. That's very common in "site" surveying, but it could mean something else for a structure that I am not familiar with.
  • Like 5

I was just looking at my pictures some more, and thinking. The thing I find most interesting are the trees marked in between the entrance and exit queues, just before the stairs that take the entrance queue over the exit, to the turntable.

3fe609c75bd05cae677e18711a4e85bb.jpg

All of these^

Now why would those be going? The queues for WWC appear to be rerouted comfortably, and finished. They are unlikely to run antique cars directly through a queue line for another ride...

If something was going underground, they would likely have worked on it before finishing the queue, and it could probably be done without wiping out that whole copse of trees.

Something has to be going /over/ the WWC queue here, between the reservoir and the path of the former queue.

Not saying it's a coaster but, it's probably a coaster :)

• Like 21

It appears WWC was open. Anything new that can be seen from the ride only?

Yes actually... At the exit to the ride there is a fence that divides the old viewing area on your right. If you peek over the fence to the east by the tree next to the money change machine there is a pink flag. Visually follow the flag into the woods towards the WWC tunnel at the back of the ride and you'll see a couple more flags. Now turn to your left and walk towards the geyser game (TB's favorite game if by chance you know Tb), look down on the ground to your left. There is a stake driven into the the ground and at ground level is an orange marker... This means a dig spot if I am remembering flag colors. Rode the train and it looks as if a coupl more pink flags have popped up to the right of the train near geyser canyon. Lots of digging and clearing to the right of the train near the turntable area on the return trip to RiverTown. Still looking for clues.

What if.... And it's a big what if.... What if this attraction is for 2018 and not 2017?

• Like 8