Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

^^ unless it's something that's really really labor intensive and needs a whole lot of preparation that could take a couple of years to complete. Actually trees began clearing during Halloween Haunt last year... Right behind the train station.

• Like 10

First I think it's for 2017. Reason? Mr. Speigel's PowerPoint slide.

As far as it being a Giga? It's possible. Here are some other measurements I took. I guided the measurements based off the straight line clearings I have observed.

8f99f80e8dd57dc2f2f4b4438c4f6f50.jpg03f8289837032cdbac483b3d37cce64c.jpg2522d55bd97a735c4093ae837e8fd6a8.jpgbf836a6919b8d628d96bc2443c9050b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 17

I think what is being referred to is there was a slide that was part of a Coasterstock slide show that showed major additions on a timeline. On this timeline were Banshee and other major attractions and there was a spot on the timeline that just said 2017. I think that that's what's being referred to, however, I was not at the event but I believe a picture was posted on here showing this exact slide. Someone else may be able to explain this better, though...

EDIT: I just realized why it's called Coasterstock... Coasters + Woodstock!!!

-MDMC, who in high school put together that the naming of Mountain Dew was referring to Dew on a Mountain!  :lol:

• Like 8

After looking at the maps again something just came to me. It is possible that the lift could be shorter than 325, but.........what if the drop goes right under the train bridge/below grade (ala Beast.)and exceeds 325???  I did a bunch of measurements and it would work.  Could be why there are markers seen in the gully?? Just a theory 

• Like 5

I grew up thinking KI was the best park in the world. Then I visited Cedar Point in 02 at the age of 21. KI was ruined for me and I know I'm not the only one. KI is always going to be special as it was the 1st legitimate park I visited as a kid. I know there is no chance KI will ever compare to CP, but it would be nice to have a giga as it may contend with Millennium. I am pretty sure the people here that complain about Intamin are just jealous of CP. Yes B&Ms are reliable(lack of tech), but they are decades behind Intamin. TTD, MF, and Maverick crush any non giga B&M and MF is better than fury due to the cable lift and lake. If a giga is not installed, it's just a sign CF is content with KI being just mediocre and that's sad.

• Like 3

I know some people on here actually like KI better than CP

I'm on that list, and I live halfway between the parks.

At KI, I can be reasonably confident that all the rides will be up at least most of the day. Also, there's a good wooden coaster. (Sorry, Jon.)

Maverick at night is still my favorite steel coaster, though. With Fury 325 at night a close second.

• Like 15

I grew up thinking KI was the best park in the world. Then I visited Cedar Point in 02 at the age of 21. KI was ruined for me and I know I'm not the only one. KI is always going to be special as it was the 1st legitimate park I visited as a kid. I know there is no chance KI will ever compare to CP, but it would be nice to have a giga as it may contend with Millennium. I am pretty sure the people here that complain about Intamin are just jealous of CP. Yes B&Ms are reliable(lack of tech), but they are decades behind Intamin. TTD, MF, and Maverick crush any non giga B&M and MF is better than fury due to the cable lift and lake. If a giga is not installed, it's just a sign CF is content with KI being just mediocre and that's sad.

Honestly, if KI gets a giga, a blitz, and a few thrill rides, I'd argue it would be better than CP. I love CP, but Banshee, Diamondback, and The Beast blow away Raptor, Magnum, and Mean Streak. Millennium Force and Maverick are 2 great coasters that KI can't compare to... yet. From what I've heard, B&M gigas blow away Mille, and KI will most likely get one in the near future, if not next. A Mack launch coaster is comparable to Mav. Add a screaming swing, another flat, and maybe a wild mouse, and KI is one of the best parks in the planet. (It already is a world class park, don't get me wrong, it just would be better with a few additions)

• Like 6

Yet when my wife and I rode Maverick we were not in love with it. TTD however is both her and my favorite ride steel or wood. She loves the Drip coaster at Busch Gardens in VA, we both love the Rip Ride and Rock It coaster at Universal, hated Raptor and loved Banshee.

For most people (my self included) manufacturer doesn't matter because we don't know who made what. Still to this day if you put coaster track in front of me orientated the right way I could tell you if it was a suspended or a regular coaster and it's a steel or a wood coaster (and maybe RMC).

If it's fun and unique and offers a reliable and safe ride then I'm all for it. I only know about the companies by this board.

• Like 2

I am so excited for when a US park gets a large Mack launch coaster. I have heard nothing but great things about Helix and Bluefire, and am still wondering why Mack hasn't made a bigger splash in North America. I doubt CF ever makes KI bigger then CP, but I can see them start investing just as much into it so eventually it will hit "resort" level park.

• Like 3

Also include better food service, a repaved parking lot, repainting Racer, hopefully no razing of RFYLCB, and smoothing out the bad parts of the new entrance and we'll have a winner.

Double post: the new entrance makes the parking lot look that much more worse. Maybe that will be remedied.

• Like 7

Let's see, I strongly prefer KI over CP. I also prefer in no particular order KD, Carowinds, Worlds of Fun, Dorney and a bunch of other parks over CP. Let's start at the bottom of my list. Six Flags America, CP. I heard I need to go back to Six Flags America though because I might have gone on a bad day.

While the view from Millie is nice, you get an equally beautiful view of Lake Erie from another park - Waldamere Park on a coaster that far surpasses Millie named Ravine Flyer II. What an amazing coaster.

I305 far surpasses Millie. It doesn't need something pretty to distract you from how amazing it is.

The only wow at CP is Maverick and that is only since it received new restraints. I am hoping KI doesn't get anything like Maverick though. I want something more unique to KI than what other Cedar Fair parks have to offer. I really do not want an Intamin, I am sure that is not happening. I really do not think that B&M can one up Banshee, but would love to see them try.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 10

Let's see, I strongly prefer KI over CP. I also prefer in no particular order KD, Carowinds, Worlds of Fun, Dorney and a bunch of other parks over CP. Let's start at the bottom of my list. Six Flags America, CP. I heard I need to go back to Six Flags America though because I might have gone on a bad day.

While the view from Millie is nice, you get an equally beautiful view of Lake Erie from another park - Waldamere Park on a coaster that far surpasses Millie named Ravine Flyer II. What an amazing coaster.

I305 far surpasses Millie. It doesn't need something pretty to distract you from how amazing it is.

The only wow at CP is Maverick and that is only since it received new restraints. I am hoping KI doesn't get anything like Maverick though. I want something more unique to KI than what other Cedar Fair parks have to offer. I really do not want an Intamin, I am sure that is not happening. I really do not think that B&M can one up Banshee, but would love to see them try.

I've been a fan of Maverick long before the soft straps, It was amazing before if you knew how to ride it, I really want some new Mack hotness in the US, if they can make something really close to Maverick I'm all for it! 

• Like 4

I mean different ride types are different experiences, a giga coaster is not comparable to Banshee imo. While you can count G's it is a completely different feeling to what you would get out of a invert/wing coaster. As for a "cowboy coaster" Mack offers some great rides that while comparable to Maverick are not the same level. Mack was the manufacturer I thought was going to take Intamin's spot in the top 2 steel manufacturers in NA, but B&M just kind of took reign.

I personally welcome any kind of coaster type as it is something new to the park.

Edit: Also maybe the tweet is a heads up for more clue's that might appear soon?

• Like 4

... I really want some new Mack hotness in the US, if they can make something really close to Maverick I'm all for it!

STR was really close to Maverick.

That's a good place.

• Like 4