Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

If they paint Diamondback, I hope they paint Vortex too...it looks terrible. The orange is yellow, and a lot of the blue is...brown.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Maybe they'll paint it that invisible color? Yes I hate the coaster now. I rode it at Coasterstock, and pretty sure I got a mild concussion when I got a nice sharp blow to the head by the restraint. I am done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

If they paint Diamondback, I hope they paint Vortex too...it looks terrible. The orange is yellow, and a lot of the blue is...brown.

Maybe they'll paint it that invisible color? Yes I hate the coaster now. I rode it at Coasterstock, and pretty sure I got a mild concussion when I got a nice sharp blow to the head by the restraint. I am done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I can't ride it anymore. It's just too much for me at this point. Opening day this year was one of the best rides I've had on it, and I thought wow, the new wheels worked wonders! But after a few more rides, each worse than the last...no more Vortex for me. It's just aging so poorly.

• Like 3

Sitting in 7-1 on Vortex is the best ride, IMO. It doesn't seem as rough there as in other positions I've ridden in. Overall, though, I agree that it isn't the smoothest ride.

I would be sad to see it go, but I am starting to think the ride has reached the end of its life span and may need to be retired. We'll still get at least one ride per visit on it while it's with us, though.

I just hope they put something amazing in that spot when the time comes.

• Like 3

For me, the problem isn't that the tracking is too rough, it's those darn transitions. Whether in 5-1 or 7-1, even leaning in the turns to reduce the pain, it's just too much for my neck. But I realize there are still a lot of people who love it. The late 80s/early 90s Arrow loopers were just brutal. The first drop is great in 7-1, but 5-1 is what I ride for comfort.

• Like 7

Sitting in 7-1 on Vortex is the best ride, IMO. It doesn't seem as rough there as in other positions I've ridden in. Overall, though, I agree that it isn't the smoothest ride.

I would be sad to see it go, but I am starting to think the ride has reached the end of its life span and may need to be retired. We'll still get at least one ride per visit on it while it's with us, though.

I just hope they put something amazing in that spot when the time comes.

I will continue to disagree with that. Having ridden in both many times, 7-1 is consistently leagues smoother than 5-1 for me.

I'll have to try 5-1 next time I visit. Honestly, the ride is longer than the line, usually. So what's the 'risk'?

• Like 1

For me, it isn't the roughest, it's the most uncomfortable due to the headbanging. I was never unfortunate enough to ride FOF with the OTSRs but I have a feeling that would have been the worst for me...

• Like 3

Gatekeeper is better than thunderbird imo. Tbird lasts like 20 seconds and doesn't have a hill and HW is a fake park.

Can we please rid ourselves of trolls like this?

Good heavens you guys HAVE to get a thicker skin. This is an Internet forum, not a cotillion. Find humor in things and let it roll off your back a little. I enjoy people who break step like this even if it's only to get your goat.

• Like 12

What if project 2017 involves the big empty box and all of the fallen tree area? Maybe the queue line for the Crypt and the building will house the station and the ride, whatever it may be, will cross over into the woods and beyond?

• Like 4