Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Coasterbob62 did a great job as usual.  Check out 12:10 on this video.  I did not hear this at the time!

source: youtube.com

I also didn't hear that at the time...Very interesting. Although surprising that Dennis would actually blatantly say that, unless he was just joking around.

• Like 4

Coasterbob62 did a great job as usual.  Check out 12:10 on this video.  I did not hear this at the time!

source: youtube.com

I was sitting like 10 feet from him and totally missed the "It's coming".  I had to listen to the video several times but I will admit it does sound like it.  Although are we certain who said it?

• Like 8

What's coming? I would have the sound on, but I'm trying not to wake up anyone.

During the Q&A part of the event a kid asked Dennis Speigel if the park was getting a Giga coaster next year.  Instead of answering he said something like I think this would be a better question for Don and basically dragged him to the mic.  Don as you can see in the video responded "I can neither confirm nor deny that a giga coaster is coming to King's Island in the future."

I will say this it is obvious that Dennis is shaking his head yes as Don walked away.  The assumption and it is likely true is that Dennis knows exactly what the park is getting.  

• Like 3

More important, Dennis said "its coming!" 

Mr Spiegel has no idea what's coming to Kings Island.  He makes his money in the industry, but not by knowing what Kings Island is getting in the future.  He was interviewed when the plans for Diamondback were filed with the city and said it looked like a dive coaster.  He has no idea nor does he probably care.

And I wouldn't read into Don's "confirm or deny" comment.  I'm sure he took great pleasure in that.

• Like 24