Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I don't get how people will be unhappy by a new ride addition. I get that people may be disappointed, like I would be if we don't get a B&M giga, but I won't be unhappy if we get something else. Bring on the GCI, RMC, Mack, and (least likely but very fun) Intamin! If you don't like the ride, you still have everything else in the park that they had the season before (except in the case where a ride is taken out and replaced by a worse ride *Cough*Backlot Stunt Track* Cough*). Just be happy that we are getting something new, while other parks have been dying to get anything (See Michigan's Adventure)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, here's my quote so y'all don't have to go looking for it

• Like 2

Crazy question here and I know it's not related to Project 2017, but does the Timber wolf theater ever get used anymore? If not, what if they were removing that, moving Congo/Amazon Falls to rivertown and building the new proposed Giga in that space? I'm just talking hypothetical here.

• Like 6

That's actually a really good theory. Get all the water rides in one area, and also give Action Zone a much needed refresh. In fact, I think that seems very possible and even more likely than anything anyone else has suggested.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

• Like 6

First post long time lurker since Banshee decoding. My thoughts are as follows. I don't think they would put another major roller coaster in Rivertown. Plus I think we would have seen footers to indicate a coaster by now. One thing I think everyone is overlooking is the new entrance/exit to WWC. I think this will also serve as the exit line of our new ride. Looking back Matt Ouimet has mentioned in several articles about new dark rides in all the parks. My conclusion is that whatever new ride were getting might likely be contained or integrated into that huge box next to that brand new exit/entrance que line. There are so many possibilities with that building.

• Like 4

Something I think many people overlook (not trying to call you out Banshcheese, just brought on by your comment) is that we already have a dark ride, albeit small, slightly broken, and boring. I know Kings Dominion has a similar ride and are expected to get a Dark Tide this year, but that begs the question, would Cedar Fair install 2 dark rides in the same year. Also, who would be getting the "major attraction/Roller coaster" for this year? I feel like all this complied brings a sort of certainty that Kings Island will be getting that, but many questions still remain unanswered, such as will it be a coaster or a thrill ride? And if it is a coaster, what type? We'll all find out soon enough (hopefully)!

Sorry for this long tangent. Back to your regularly scheduled programming folks!

• Like 1

I just don't see any evidence pointing to a coaster. There's markings and stakes but no signs of footers and it seems like the clearing has really slowed down.

There are markers from the river town train station to the reservoir and can be seen on wwc. And depending on the size, type, and manufacturer we could be on schedule. So there is good reason, but very few know for sure.

I also would love so see something in the box but I don't think it's next year

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

As much as I want a giga coaster, I don't think that it makes sense to build it right across from Diamondback.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

dead-horse.gif

Here we go again.

I laughed at this harder than I should have..... Oh that made my day

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 6

So a little birdy on my shoulder whispered that the Centurion name is for the wing rider going in at the front gate at KD. Don't know if it's true or not. Yes, I know Mr. Ouimet said he would not put front gate coasters in at KI or KD.

• Like 4