Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Oh how I did love Hanna-Barbera Land.

Only got to go once when I was a young'en. I was to little to ride any of the "big stuff", well over 36" anyway. I still think of that day, quite often nowadays.

It really was one of my "Best Days ever"

:)

• Like 11

What was KCKC like? Also, is it true that you could see the old photo booth when exiting Crypt? Can you still see it from Rivertown?

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

It just went up a hill and around some curves around the trees before coming down the chute. The boat would bang around a little bit but is was a nice scenic ride and the drop was fun.

• Like 8

I wonder why they took it out. Based on old park maps, it doesn't look like anything currently resides there, but those can be misleading.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

The old Crypt building is now in its spot. It was removed in 2001 to make way for TR:TR in 2002.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Look at all of the trees.  All of the trees... and the water... oh my... Look at the trees.... I forgot about that....  

Also RFYLCB was originally just the Log Flume at Coney Island right?  So when it was at KI originally it was just themed to go with River Town, like sending logs down the river... Then from what I remember it was always apart of River Town (and the older part of the park) till it was rethemed to the Wild Thornberries ride...  Right?

• Like 14

Correct, RFYLCB had another name (Kings Mills Run?) before becoming Wild Thornberries River Adventure in 2001. It became RFYLCB in 2010.

EDIT: Also, I'm starting to lean towards #TeamGiga if that lime green track is heading our way (I really hope it is!). However, I'd welcome an RMC or Lightning Racer-esque (at least in terms of smoothness) GCI.

• Like 4

Correct, RFYLCB had another name (Kings Mills Run?) before becoming Wild Thornberries River Adventure in 2001. It became RFYLCB in 2010.

EDIT: Also, I'm starting to lean towards #TeamGiga if that lime green track is heading our way (I really hope it is!). However, I'd welcome and RMC or Lightning Racer-esque (at least in terms of smoothness) GCI.

It was called the Kings Mill Log Flume

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

KCKC and The Beast were that close. KCKC was my favorite water ride they've had, although WWC is a good one as well. Much better than the one that formerly resided at Geauga Lake. It was just a concrete chute while WWC is very well placed.

• Like 3