Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I think it is going to be prowler-esque and not a clone. If this is the layout then it is going to be GCI, which could still have some inversions or a launch, simply because of the drop. I don't think any of the RMC's have a twisted drop in them.

The Joker that just opened has a curved drop. My favorite part about a GCI are the couches cough cough seats.
  • Like 10

Well if these prints are infact real, this will unfortunately force the parks hand to do an early reveal.

I don't think it could have gone on all that much longer anyway. Once we saw those little "lily pad" footers we would have known.

• Like 12

I don't think it's Rocky Mountain Coasters, sorry. CF has no relationship with them. RMC doesn't have the perfect record that GCI has. RMCs are also quite pricey. CF is into the tried and true these days after years of Intamin disasters.

• Like 7

I think it is going to be prowler-esque and not a clone. If this is the layout then it is going to be GCI, which could still have some inversions or a launch, simply because of the drop. I don't think any of the RMC's have a twisted drop in them.

Not sure what you're talking about when you say RMC doesn't have a twisted drop. RMC built Storm Chaser at Kentucky Kingdom. It curves left right off the lift hill straight into a spiral first drop!

• Like 4

This will be an RMC. The plans I saw were way better detailed. Shows it exact position. Can't freaking wait! RMC holds the record for tallest and fastest wooden coasters. Maybe we get stats on this that break those records. I would like to see a 2 train launch system where they can be timed just right for a dueling corkscrew. To validate the R M C claim, look up any RMC blueprints. They have identical footers. Imagine all those twists and overbanked turns!

I'm Sorry, but what? Mason doesn't have overall site plans yet. 

• Like 1

Not sure what you're talking about when you say RMC doesn't have a twisted drop. RMC built Storm Chaser at Kentucky Kingdom. It curves left right off the lift hill straight into a spiral first drop!

A curved drop is when the drop actually twists as the drop is happening common on Inverts and some GCI wooden coasters. I didn't count Storm Chaser because that is a full inversion in a otherwise straight drop, but as Dragsterguy mentioned Joker has a curved drop. I am still not convinced this will be a RMC but it is still very much a possibility.

• Like 1

I don't know how I feel about that. Gwazi, Roar, and Wildcat all experienced roughness issues, and those are or were only 20 years old. Are you sure that GCI inversions would be a smart move?

There won't be inversions.

Also those coasters got rough, but they all ran PTCs originally.

• Like 4