Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

There is so much they can do. I like the idea of hiding hints around the park. Hunting for Easter eggs is always fun. They could drop hints about anywhere. For example, if the ride is animal/monster based they could:

1. Place huge animal foot prints in landscaping on the other side of the park.

2. Make fake claw marks on the outside of some structures.

3. Create a huge animal "nest" in some green space.

4. They could create a minor structure that is visible most of the summer to draw attention then destroy the structure, surround it with caution tape and warnings of whatever might have caused the destruction.

5. They could do fake news stories on FunTV about the mysterious happenings in Rivertown.

6. They could have sounds that trigger whenever a guest gets near a certain location.

The possibilities are endless!

7. They could create a gigantic hole at the Son of Beast grave...

The son never truly died, he is making his triumphant return!

• Like 7

There is so much they can do. I like the idea of hiding hints around the park. Hunting for Easter eggs is always fun. They could drop hints about anywhere. For example, if the ride is animal/monster based they could:

1. Place huge animal foot prints in landscaping on the other side of the park.

2. Make fake claw marks on the outside of some structures.

3. Create a huge animal "nest" in some green space.

4. They could create a minor structure that is visible most of the summer to draw attention then destroy the structure, surround it with caution tape and warnings of whatever might have caused the destruction.

5. They could do fake news stories on FunTV about the mysterious happenings in Rivertown.

6. They could have sounds that trigger whenever a guest gets near a certain location.

The possibilities are endless!

7. They could create a gigantic hole at the Son of Beast grave...

The son never truly died he is making his triumphant return!

Wouldn't it be awesome to enter the park one day and find the graves in disarray with that giant hole there, with giant muddy footprints painted on the paths heading back to Rivertown?

• Like 10

Wouldn't it be awesome to enter the park one day and find the graves in disarray with that giant hole there, with giant muddy footprints painted on the paths heading back to Rivertown?

Neat? Yeah. Elaborate? Definitely. Awesome? Ehh...that would probably mark the end of theming for the Banshee queue when they would go to clean it up.
  • Like 2

I think it would be awesome. I think that is a great way to hype up a coaster IF its wood and you plan to use the theme. I doubt KI will go back to that name because of its past.

I agree but still love the idea. On top of it all we would have another defunct roller coaster that confuses people. 

• Like 1

Neat? Yeah. Elaborate? Definitely. Awesome? Ehh...that would probably mark the end of theming for the Banshee queue when they would go to clean it up.

I'm sure they could fill in a hole without too much trouble. They could add new temporary graves that are to toppled ones. But I digress.

Like we've said a million other times - no way would Kings Island be teasing a simple flat ride so far in advance. That just doesn't make any sense. It's going to be something big. Maybe it's a giga or a GCI. But I definitely don't think it's just a flat ride.

• Like 12

This video by Coaster Studios, takes every single word out of my mouth.

I've always really enjoyed his videos. But I really doubt they'd put a Sky Roller in there. It really doesn't fit with the theme of Rivertown and they seem to be paying more attention to theming in that area, with the addition of the new funnel cake stand.

I don't think it's "not Kings Island's TURN" for a coaster either. Cedar Fair is going do whatever they feel is needed for the park and the chain as a whole, they aren't going to necessarily follow the same pattern as in years past. There is also a first time for everything so I wouldn't rule out manufacturers they haven't yet worked with (RMC, etc.) There is always the potential to build a customer/vendor relationship there. We never know if and when that will happen.

I dunno what's going in, but there's a lot of possibilities. Some flats would be pretty cool. A coaster would be really cool. A dark ride would be really cool. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's going to be great.

• Like 18

The whole "turn" thing is also a dumb idea. What about Michigan's Adventure's turn? Worlds of Fun's turn? Great America's turn? I don't remember them ever being apart of "taking turns" in getting a new roller coaster. So, pretty much, that concept is nonexistent with Cedar Fair. They'll build something new at a park no matter if it's their "turn" or not.

• Like 14

If KI was getting a giga, wouldn't we see other coloured track at Batavia by this point?

I feel like it would be way to early. Footings aren't even laid yet. Track wouldn't be made now just to sit for 4ish months. They'll wait until just a little before they start building the track to actually make track.

• Like 4

I hate to play the wet blanket but has KI actually teased anything? They have a few cute signs up about falling trees but maybe it's not supposed to be a "tease"? Maybe maybe not....

Maybe there is no tease and we are reading more into it? So maybe it could be a flat then haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

I am not counting anything out this year. There has been so much construction around the park and with so many marker "sightings" it COULD be a giga. With how Mr. Scheid did also mention 2018 ride almost suggesting they don't know which year the next big ride would come out. I am fairly certain that this is a coaster of some kind........what kind is completely unknown. There are so many possibilities that it is crazy to try and predict what we are getting.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it won't be a Huss flat ride.

• Like 4