Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I'm really hoping for an RMC but looking at these blue prints I just don't think so. The layout is too straight.

It probably is a GCI, as much as I wanted the first Hybrid coaster to be at Kings Island, it probably won't be. If it were to be a RMC they would've had a lot of potential. But we do not know for sure yet! We will soon enough though!

• Like 2

I have thought that as well @silver2005... maybe KI will get the RMC to compete with KK and Mean Streak will get a GCI retracking/reprofiling that it desperately needs lol, but a July closing of Mean Streak means something big is coming if you can completely "RMC" a older Dinn&Summers coaster of similar size in similar time, not counting NTG, but if GCI is reprofiling Mean Streak for 2017 and KI is getting and RMC that could work out from a business standpoint since the GP doesn't really know what a "reprofiling" means and will still see the same crappy ride, so if we get the 1st CF RMC before CP they already have plans for Mean Streak for the future and KI is again the testing ground for a future endeavor, i.e. Fast Lane, but I hope that if this means if the KI coaster goes off without a hitch we will get the tallest, fastest, longest RMC in the world at CP with a Mean Streak reboot!!!!

A. One.sentence.

B. Periods are free here.

C. You can breathe!

D. Diagram that booger! Talk about a challenge!

E. That sentence needs....rollbacks.

Terp, who should probably add we are now at the point that it should be pointed out: As a reminder, a like from Terp should not be construed as an endorsement of the predictions, if any, in it. Just sayin'

• Like 19

Earlier this year the blueprints for a coaster at BGW leaked after someone pulled the plans the same way this layout did.  Enthusiasts realized it was a GCI due to the ride having a separate maintenance building.  Since then the park has announced the ride, confirming it will be a GCI and it will be called InvadR.  

The plans for Kings Island clearly show something which appears to be a separate maintenance building.

Beyond that this layout just looks like a GCI to me.

• Like 3

Lets look at Rob Decker's last 5 years. Valravn, looks amazing still a dive coaster but it looks amazing, Fury 325 is amazing and looks amazing, Banshee looks and is amazing, Gatekeeper looks amazing and is amazing, Leviathan looks great but it was b&ms first giga so Ill give them slack. Still better than Millennium Force. I trust Cedar Fair.

You left off a couple, most notably Gold Striker at CGA (2013).  Knott's also received a Wild Mouse coaster in 2013.  With the exception of the B&M Gigas, all the coasters are different types.  How about that, Six Flags?

The blueprints look like Prowler plus tunnels.  I expect air time, 85 degree banked turns, and a curving drop.  The Giga will have to wait until 2019 or 2020 I guess.

• Like 6

I don't see us getting a giga now until KIs 50th anniversary in 2022. I think that's out next Coaster and I think it's going to reclaim the longest rollercoaster in the world record. So to me not getting a giga now could be a good thing. Spending a little less on a coaster now may give them more funds to go over the top on the next one.

• Like 5

So KIC twtitter said to go ride the train right now. I'd have loved to, but I'm ~90min away and by the time I saw the tweet the park would have been closed...and my better half would have been ready to strangle me.

Did anybody get any pictures? Can someone get some? I won't be visiting the park until after July 4, now, it seems...

• Like 3

RMC builds a hell of a coaster.  However... Cedar Fair has not worked with RMC, and has a several coaster relationship with GCI.  GCI produced Goldstriker under very trying circumstances at California Great America.   GCI just rebuilt (with much fanfare!)  Knotts signature coaster, Ghostrider. 

Why do we think for a moment (other than wishful thinking) that Cedar Fair would change course and switch rollercoaster builders?  How many Intamin coasters have been bought by Cedar Fair after Inimidator 305?  How many B & M ? 

...And 99% of rollercoaster riders couldn't tell you the designer of any particular ride, and 98% could care less.

When you find something that works, you stick with it. 

• Like 4

I actually rode the train just after that Tweet although I didn't find out about it until later. Unfortunately it was late in a very long day, and I was taking care of stuff on my phone more than looking around. What I did see was maybe a couple new trees cut down that hadn't been yet when I visited Monday, but no other changes. If it was something else I missed it.

I was keeping the layouts I've seen posted here in mind though, and I noticed there is a clearing just before the turntable (beside the train tracks on the opposite side of the turntable from the reservoir) that I'm not certain has been accounted for.

I'll be there Monday again. I'll try to look closer. If actual construction (rather than destruction) is beginning there should be more by then, anyway.

• Like 9

Nothing to add except... If it does indeed end up being a GCI in the woods, I couldn't ask for a better addition to that area of the park. I've wanted to ride a GCI for years. I love Kings Island's classic wooden coasters, but they've needed a modern wood coaster for a long time. A giga would've been terrible in that location and for that area of the park.

• Like 3

It's a fake folks. That is all. Nice job KingsIslandPR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my thoughts as well. Could be wrong but what if this "release of information" was allowed in order for attention to be placed just on this one location while work is being done on yet another location for the other ONE?!? Just saying. Anyone looked around elsewhere for work being done?? Maybe enough of diversion to allow for time until an unveiling in August so plans aren't released early. Of course if this is wrong, no harm because I will happily ride and enjoy any new ride CF builds and say thank you very much for continuing to add to my number one home park.

I think the location in which trees are being removed is correct. However, just the plans them selves could be fake. I could see this being planned as soon as they saw us scheming on these boards. Thus why a few people were denied access before they started popping up.

If the plans are fake then very well done KI PR.

• Like 6

I think the location in which trees are being removed is correct. However, just the plans them selves could be fake. I could see this being planned as soon as they saw us scheming on these boards. Thus why a few people were denied access before they started popping up.

I believe the RT location is one but maybe there are actually two locations. Why would KIPR say What KIC is looking for can only be found by those who know where it's at? Wouldn't behind the fence in plan site be obvious? Just looking deeper into the hint wording. Maybe too much so.

• Like 1

Well, after the Tin Man boat (whose name I can almost swear has been repainted darker to be more readable than when I first noticed it) and the Scarecrow (corn field), I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Cowardly Lion.

Just so that the Wicked Witch of the West and her flying monkeys don't make an appearance before this is all over. Oh, my, is that what the animals in Origins are meant to be? ;)

Beginning to think it's the twister that took Dorothy to Oz that has been taking down the trees in Rivertown. I'm certainly feeling beyond the rainbow at the moment.

• Like 17

They're gutting out Action Theatre as I type this. Saw four construction workers enter the building.

Possibly the begining of PvZ?

It would make the most logical sense.

Maintenance uses that building for other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And "other things" can change. Not implying they are. Just saying.
  • Like 1

I believe the RT location is one but maybe there are actually two locations. Why would KIPR say What KIC is looking for can only be found by those who know where it's at? Wouldn't behind the fence in plan site be obvious? Just looking deeper into the hint wording. Maybe too much so.

I totally agree with you!!! The wrong coordinates to a corn field. They don't want us to know where it's going to be.

• Like 3