Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I'm starting to lean more towards RMC now. It seems like there's been a lot of teasing for RMC and it seems like KI has to be careful not to disappoint. Like it seems like a bad move to hype up a new coaster a lot and get people excited for a potential RMC and then let everyone down with a small GCI. Maybe I'm wrong

• Like 2

Why are a lot of you suddenly discrediting GCI? They build fantastic rides. Sure, RMC does too, but that doesn't automatically mean GCI is bad.

GCI's being disappointing?

I was underwhelmed with that thunder ride @ dollywood last year.

Good grief.

Please list the GCI's you have ridden and thoughts.
  • Like 2

^

Wildcat @ Hersheypark- I will say I liked it better with PTC's as that was the way it was designed, but I still like the laterals on it.  Not as much airtime as the other GCI's I've done, but still a fun layout.  I will cut it some slack as its GCI's first coaster. 

Lightning Racer @ Hersheypark- This is my #3 wooden coaster(s)- non-stop action from the minute the trains leave the lifts.  Lots of air time, some nice s-curves and crossover action to compliment the dueling aspects.  I love the small hills and curvy runs between all the bigger hills.  

Thunderhead @ Dollywood- This is my #2 wooden coaster behind The Beast.  Its even wilder than LR.  There's curves and dips within every element (elements within elements if you will), its fast paced, loaded with air time (especially the 2nd half) and the station fly-through is the cherry on top.  To me, its the wooden equivalent of Maverick.  

Also, Millennium Flyers are amazing trains. 

• Like 10

Tbh for the most part the general public won't care if it's made by GCI ICG RMC GMC or the GCL. If it's something that can add memories for a family and is fun then that will be good.

If you ask the general public who built The Racer, Banshee, or The Bat you'd probably get a look and an answer that says Kings Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 16

^

Wildcat @ Hersheypark- I will say I liked it better with PTC's as that was the way it was designed, but I still like the laterals on it.  Not as much airtime as the other GCI's I've done, but still a fun layout.  I will cut it some slack as its GCI's first coaster. 

Lightning Racer @ Hersheypark- This is my #3 wooden coaster(s)- non-stop action from the minute the trains leave the lifts.  Lots of air time, some nice s-curves and crossover action to compliment the dueling aspects.  I love the small hills and curvy runs between all the bigger hills.  

Thunderhead @ Dollywood- This is my #2 wooden coaster behind The Beast.  Its even wilder than LR.  There's curves and dips within every element (elements within elements if you will), its fast paced, loaded with air time (especially the 2nd half) and the station fly-through is the cherry on top.  To me, its the wooden equivalent of Maverick.  

Also, Millennium Flyers are amazing trains.

Your welcome to your opinion. I feel by looking at cost that these gci coasters are good for smaller parks. Parks that generate 3 million people per year are better off to spend more and get an out of this world coaster.

Kings Island already has two legendary wood coasters. Time to look towards the future of coasters.

I would not call The Racer legendary. Sure it started the building of coasters again, but other than that and the racing element there is really nothing very special about it.
  • Like 1

Why are a lot of you suddenly discrediting GCI? They build fantastic rides. Sure, RMC does too, but that doesn't automatically mean GCI is bad.

Good grief.

I'm not saying GCI is bad. The only GCI I have ridden is Thunderhead and it's a great coaster. But let's be honest RMC is the hot coaster company right now and most non enthusiasts aren't gonna be all that excited by a GCI woodie. I personally would be happy with a GCI

• Like 2

Good grief.

I'm not saying GCI is bad. The only GCI I have ridden is Thunderhead and it's a great coaster. But let's be honest RMC is the hot coaster company right now and most non enthusiasts aren't gonna be all that excited by a GCI woodie. I personally would be happy with a GCI

• Like 1

Good grief.

Most non-enthusiasts won't care who makes it as long as its a good ride. 

• Like 16

Good grief.

Most non-enthusiasts won't care who makes it as long as its a good ride.

I feel that most non enthusiasts given the choice between a traditional wood coaster and a ride with flips and butter smooth, would choose the latter.

Kings Island already has two legendary wood coasters. Time to look towards the future of coasters.

I would not call The Racer legendary. Sure it started the building of coasters again, but other than that and the racing element there is really nothing very special about it.

Maybe she meant Woodstock Express and Beast ;)

• Like 8

I can vouch for Renegade, it packs a punch. Don't remember Prowler too much... Apocalypse is terrible, but that's just a Six Flags thing.

Renegade was awesome, completely caught my son and I by surprise; we had no idea what was in store.  I've mentioned this several times, but I'd take something just like that at KI that I could ride on a regular basis.

• Like 4

Sorry, three legendary wood coasters.

• Like 1

Sorry, three legendary wood coasters.
Oh... My gosh. I'm done. ._.
  • Like 2

Ladies and Gentlemen: the Picnic Coaster!  :lol:

(Sorry if that's a rerun)... couldn't resist...

Oops... might help if I actually include the silly picture . . .

Picnic.png

Meanwhile, it would be kinda neat to have that part of the park open up some more. I love the new look of the Grove, but for it to become something of a midway, with a new coaster entry adjacent to it would improve the feeling of "no man's land" between the wet and dry parks, imho.

Really with the green Intamin track? Lol

There is a giant picnic basket for sale just up the road that KI could use to really blow the capacity out of the water ;)

• Like 13

I will say I love having a back and forth like this.  

I want to get out of the way that I realize this could be an RMC as much as a GCI, but discounting GCI based off your own opinions and vague hints to how you think the GP will react to either doesn't dismiss GCI.  Recent Cedar Fair ride additions and work with GCI is enough evidence for that, which is one reason I'm still leaning to this being a GCI.  The current trend does have RMC in the picture though, I'll admit that much. 

• Like 6

I will say I love having a back and forth like this.  

I want to get out of the way that I realize this could be an RMC as much as a GCI, but discounting RMC based off your own opinions and vague hints to how you think the GP will react to either doesn't dismiss GCI.  Recent Cedar Fair ride additions and work with GCI is enough evidence for that, which is one reason I'm still leaning to this being a GCI.  The current trend does have RMC in the picture though, I'll admit that much.

Who's to say rocky Mountain declined to change some boards on that ghoster coaster @ knotts berry farm. I think more money would be in projects where you completely renovate a ride or build one from scratch?

• Like 1