Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Nice pictures. I still think this coaster looks fairly large in scale. I don't really buy the small GCI idea

After doing some scaling work, based on all the information we have, the current length (without elevation accounted for) is 3250ft.

Edit: A very rough outline of Prowler at WoF gives me 3000ft. So I can't imagine this ride being more than 3500ft.

I believe I've been saying that the whole time. Heehee! Great detective work. Of course, that's based on my idea where the layout is. So, just IMO. I can't wait to see where it goes.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The Voyage is rough, but in a sense that it's ridiculously aggressive and beats you senseless. It's the only coaster that leaves me gasping for air and has my heart racing when it slams into the brakes. I like that. From a discussion with a former long time HW employee I had, the Timberliners were ultimately scrapped because they were going too fast. The park never stated publicly why they wouldn't use them, because they didn't want to trim it to death. But given that Hades supposedly got significantly faster after adding them, it would make sense, and I trust him because he was an op on that ride for several years.

I find The Beast to be less rough, but it's a less aggressive coaster, and KI babies it. And in most cases, with a woodie that tall and that fast, it's going to beat you up. Prefabs are different, but for a traditional woodie, it almost always will.

• Like 6

^ So you're saying you find The Beast rough? I respect your opinion by the way, but I don't find it rough. To me, both the Voyage and The Beast are on the same levels of crazy rides.

I don't find The Beast rough either per say. Compared to steel like Diamondback, they are, but they are wood lol of course they wont be buttery smooth. I like all of them. Helk, I plan on going the 2nd of July and will ride Vortex once even.

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Timber mountain at Riverton a wooden coadter and new improved themed log flume the biggest expansion to rovertown.

Drunk posting again? B)

Or is Rovertown going to the dogs?

Terp -- kiddin'. Tapatalk--such a great invention.

Maybe he should go to the hospiral!

jtro223, crossthreading.

• Like 6

"roll out the barrels." Have we considered that this coaster may have a barrel roll? Similar to Hades 360 or Jungle Trailblazer for example. GCI has confirmed Millennium Flyers can perform inversions, would GCI ever attempt an inversion? I know they're very true to the traditional woodie and don't often stray from that. But I'd reckon for the right amoof money, they'd built whatever the park wants. Within reason of course. (I haven't been active the past few days, I may have missed this)

• Like 4

Is it a barrel or a powder keg?

Barrel - a moonshine running theme?

Powder keg - maybe a launching theme?

Moonshine running themed coaster?

Grit your teeth,

Bear the load

Enjoy your ride...

You never saw this leaked memo?

MEMORANDUM

Sandusky, Ohio

February 12, 2013

Going forward, for the naming of all new Kings Island attractions, only names of former/proposed Cedar Fair attractions are to be considered.

New for 2017!

Disaster Transport- Wooden Coaster!

• Like 8

Is it a barrel or a powder keg?

Barrel - a moonshine running theme?

Powder keg - maybe a launching theme?

Moonshine running themed coaster?

Grit your teeth,

Bear the load

Enjoy your ride...

This. 

I was thinking they could re-use the name Thunder Road for our new coaster. The name is a perfect fit for Rivertown.

• Like 10