Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Keep watching these threads. It's just a matter of time until the 10th Wonder of the World is revealed.

Well, there are currently 9 B&M Wing Coasters (counting the one opening in China next year), so a Wing Coaster at Kings Island would be #10

There are two wing coasters being built this year in China (Wanda City and Hot Go Dreamland), so in reality it would be the 12th Wonder of the World.

• Like 4

Maybe this #10thwonderoftheworld thing could be referring to the 10th US installation of a coaster type, like 10th US installation of an RMC, or maybe even a coaster that will have 10 inversions (though maybe not by Intamin). Also, if we are teasing the #10thwonderoftheworld, maybe there is a reason Cedar Fair kept the Centurion trademark around...

-MDMC, just speculatin'

• Like 9

We cannot rule anything out........ except if it is something they would not hype us this early about....

Chopping blocks?

They are chopping up the wood in the Forest by WWC and Diamondback, but we are not looking at this as much in the bigger picture. I know this is been rumored for a long time and I hope that it is not true. Could rides that have lead a serviceable life be removed? Vortex is nearly 30 years old..... and if I remember correctly, Arrow has a 30 year average lifespan for their rides. If we pass that date and nothing happens, I will rejoice! Vortex is running fairly well this year, the best it has been in my opinion from when I have ridden it, 2011-present. However it is around the time we should get more and more aware of the age of every ride at KI. I know Loch Ness Monster, Corkscrew and others have been around longer.  I am not rumoring it to be removed, I am just thinking out loud of all of the possibilities.

The area around WWC is very interesting, I made a map a while ago in Project 2017 that looked like this

KI%20PLAN%202017_zpsovcla9h4.png

I have thought about it more, and here is my revised version.

Expansion_zpsdvtuywvj.jpg

Thoughts?

• Like 3

We cannot rule anything out........ except if it is something they would not hype us this early about....

Chopping blocks?

They are chopping up the wood in the Forest by WWC and Diamondback, but we are not looking at this as much in the bigger picture. I know this is been rumored for a long time and I hope that it is not true. Could rides that have lead a serviceable life be removed? Vortex is nearly 30 years old..... and if I remember correctly, Arrow has a 30 year average lifespan for their rides. If we pass that date and nothing happens, I will rejoice! Vortex is running fairly well this year, the best it has been in my opinion from when I have ridden it, 2011-present. However it is around the time we should get more and more aware of the age of every ride at KI. I know Loch Ness Monster, Corkscrew and others have been around longer. I am not rumoring it to be removed, I am just thinking out loud of all of the possibilities.

The area around WWC is very interesting, I made a map a while ago in Project 2017 that looked like this

KI%20PLAN%202017_zpsovcla9h4.png

I have thought about it more, and here is my revised version.

Expansion_zpsdvtuywvj.jpg

Thoughts?

Anyone else see a perfect layout for a giga here? I know someone put Fury 325 here, but you don't see how real of a possibility it is until you see this. If they expand like this, I could see a giga go out of the station into a turn around, up the left, down, flying into a massive banked turn, fly around the forest with little hills to show its speed, into a unique element (like Fury's over 90* turn but different) flying back down with maybe a few large airtime hills, then staying low to the ground, flying into a bunch of insane turns and dives and small hills (maybe even underground at some points) before flying up one more airtime hill, into the brake run. I could see them really utilizing the forest setting by having the coaster hug the terrain and fly past trees and even into tunnels. I would love it to be a bright color to really stick out, maybe lime green or bright yellow. Ideally, it would be the worlds longest coaster, but I know that would be very expensive.
  • Like 3

I have been looking for where this #10thwonderoftheworld hint came from? Other then the obvious topic starters like the sign or blueprint pictures the only subtle hint that caught my attention was a picture from Mr. Scheid with the term "best in class" all capitalized. 

https://twitter.com/KIGMGREG/status/689883627509936128 This however is a really old tweet, but I mean it was only 2 days after the blueprints picture was posted.

• Like 3

Falling timber?

Drop Tower "falls".

Drop Tower is moving to RT and being renamed to Falling Timber....

I think Timber Falls sounds better. 

So does a certain amusement park* that is home to the best coaster in Wisconsin**, and they liked it so much they had it trademarked, so...

* I'm not really sure if "amusement park" is the right phrase, but they have a handful of rides and I found them many orders of magnitude more amusing (and less frightening) than the place around the corner that brands itself as a theme park, so I'll go with it.

** A dubious honor to be sure, but an honor nonetheless.

• Like 2

I asked Don if Whitewater Canyon will operate this year. He said yes, and that it would open Memorial Day weekend, and that the entrance was right under Diamondback. He pointed to the entrance, and I looked at it and took some photos.  I also asked him if the geysers were still there, and he said yes. So, at least for one more season, if the fates allow, I'm going to splash to my heart's content all who dare pass through "Geyser Alley," showing no signs of obeying the posted signs that clearly dictate: "You WILL get wet on this ride." Just helping out, y'all.  B)

It's been almost 10 years since I've ridden White Water Canyon. I need to make it a point to ride it sometime this year.

I've had fun over the years shooting the geysers at people on the ride. The last ride I went on in 2008 I talked smack to the operators placed in towers throughout the ride. Lo and behold, they blocked our tube in and had geysers of their own they could shoot at us. Happened at least twice on that particular cycle.

Needless to say the people in my group were drenched and not too happy with me. 

• Like 12

Keep watching these threads. It's just a matter of time until the 10th Wonder of the World is revealed.

#10thWonderOfTheWorld

Okay, Mr. Ryan, what is this 10th Wonder of the World business? I know you're close with Don, so what info is he giving you? And last I checked, Wonders of the World came in groups of seven, so what happened to eight and nine?

:)

• Like 8

#10thWonderOfTheWorld

Okay, Mr. Ryan, what is this 10th Wonder of the World business? I know you're close with Don, so what info is he giving you? And last I checked, Wonders of the World came in groups of seven, so what happened to eight and nine?

:)

Don tells me nothing.
  • Like 14

Suuuuurrrre. :) Of course, he wouldn't tell you everything about what's going on, but I do think he's feeding you hints for you to post here in this thread. You either don't want to admit it, or have promised him to not tell us that's what's going on. ;)

• Like 9