Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Brief explanation if those want to know between public and private companies

http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/162.asp

Sigh.

Cedar Fair is NOT a private company.

It's not a company AT ALL.

It's a partnership. With a limited entity and a master entity.

NO ONE owns ANY stock in Cedar Fair.

There is NO SUCH THING.

And it really doesn't matter what incorrect thing someone found by Googling.

• Like 8

Not sure if this is Project 2017 related, but on the Blue Racer turnaround, if you look back in the woods to the right, left of the theater, there's a bunch of things covered with black tarps. Never noticed them before, they could have been there a while, but I feel like I would have noticed them. Anyone know about these things?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Not sure if this is Project 2017 related, but on the Blue Racer turnaround, if you look back in the woods to the right, left of the theater, there's a bunch of things covered with black tarps. Never noticed them before, they could have been there a while, but I feel like I would have noticed them. Anyone know about these things?

It where we stash the bodies of beggars and demanders.
  • Like 17

^^^ I have heard that the action theater is being gutted, so those tarps might be covering something from that. It's possible that after all is said and done we see the P. VS. Z. attraction or ME attraction go in there, I have heard those have been well received.

• Like 6

Most likely thats where they shoot the fireworks from. 

• Like 2

Aren't the fireworks shot by The Beast? This is nowhere near there. If they were here The Beast wouldn't have to close each night

• Like 2

Aren't the fireworks shot by The Beast? This is nowhere near there. If they were here The Beast wouldn't have to close each night

Shakes my head! You do realize The Beast runs directly behind Action Theather? The clearing in question is where they set the fireworks off.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I was pretty much aware of that, but thanks for the link. ;)

Sigh.

Cedar Fair is NOT a private company.

It's not a company AT ALL.

It's a partnership. With a limited entity and a master entity.

NO ONE owns ANY stock in Cedar Fair.

There is NO SUCH THING.

And it really doesn't matter what incorrect thing someone found by Googling.

"And it really doesn't matter what incorrect thing someone found by Googling." 

If this was Twitter, I'd say that was a grand example of a subtweet, terp.  (Google "subtweet" if you need to know what it means.)

And just for the record, the FAQs at the Cedar Fair page you linked to include the question: "Did Cedar Fair have a stock split?"  Get that...a STOCK split. They used the word "STOCK".  The answer to the question?  Perhaps you'd like to look it up to see for yourself.

And I suppose all the sites listed in the search results of these various search engines are just somehow incorrect. :huh:   Astonishing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Cedar+Fair+stock&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Cedar+Fair+stock&pc=MOZI&form=MOZSBR

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=Cedar+Fair+stock&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

Interesting article from less than a year ago:  http://www.benzinga.com/analyst-ratings/analyst-color/15/09/5843878/the-regional-theme-park-stock-janney-analysts-are-buying

And here's an article which mentions the word "company" several times:  http://www.marketwatch.com/story/cedar-fair-loss-widens-missing-expectations-2016-02-17

But you say it's not a company "AT ALL".

Alrighty then.

Have a good weekend, Terp. :)

• Like 2

Actually the fireworks are shot behind the Blue Racer's turnaround. See area circled on image below:

8fc6b7259a705627aafe7e7686ec5c05.jpg

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Someone please, start a stock is thread.

Does that count as begging or demanding? If so, guess I'll be buried at KI.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

There already is such a thread. And the UK Leaving EU is part Stock ATM due to the Market Reaction.

Stock Plummets

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/15016-stock-plummets/

(Lots and lots of insight from the Financial Crisis and the August 24th Stock Market Crash onwards)

United Kingdom votes to leave the European Union

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/32152-united-kingdom-votes-to-leave-the-european-union/

(You're Welcome Terpy!)

And you're welcome too Seb!

• Like 3

Actually the fireworks are shot behind the Blue Racer's turnaround. See area circled on image below:

(Picture of Beast/Racer locations)

Wow ummm in 30 years of life, 20 or so years of riding The Beast I never once realized how close it is to The Racer and Action Theater.... No wonder there isn't much room to expand behind the theater, there is a coaster in the way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

(Picture of Beast/Racer locations)

Wow ummm in 30 years of life, 20 or so years of riding The Beast I never once realized how close it is to The Racer and Action Theater.... No wonder there isn't much room to expand behind the theater, there is a coaster in the way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to the lower left from The Beast in that image, I'm surprised how close that neighborhood is to the coaster which seems so secluded.
  • Like 1

^^ While a friend and i were attending school near the school, he roomed for a while in one of the buildings in that cul de sac, and you could see the first lift hill from The Beast in the fall. Other things included occasional screams from the woods and being woke up at ten every night from fireworks. 

• Like 7