Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I have something, could be a stretch but this is all for fun. Look at the Caution sign and then image it in layers. Remove the caution "box" then strip away the stripes. Now look at a picture which to me resembles a canyon. The top part of the sign looks like the top of a canyon and the rest is covered and maybe revealed when new attraction is revealed. Warning: the picture on the fence is only one deminsional so don't attempt to deface it to see what is behind. This is just my decoding what is presented. Now you all can rip me apart if you want, I am tough enough. Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have something, could be a stretch but this is all for fun. Look at the Caution sign and then image it in layers. Remove the caution "box" then strip away the stripes. Now look at a picture which to me resembles a canyon. The top part of the sign looks like the top of a canyon and the rest is covered and maybe revealed when new attraction is revealed. Warning: the picture on the fence is only one deminsional so don't attempt to deface it to see what is behind. This is just my decoding what is presented. Now you all can rip me apart if you want, I am tough enough. Haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I attempted to do what you said in Photoshop, and I just don't see it. To me it looks more "camouflage" that "canyon" between the stripes.

• Like 1

Has anyone considered that they may not be giving us more clues because they don't want to over hype and disappoint enthusiasts with a small addition? I'm not saying it is a small addition, as the work area seems to be increasing, just a possibility. Don and the rest of his team (I'm assuming he has other people working in his department with him) are good at their jobs and will continue to tease as they see fit. I have found it is best to keep expectations low so the only surprise is a good one. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 8

Eh, I wouldn't think that they would care a whole lot about the expectations of enthusiasts. Sure, I think they enjoy messing with us, but a segment of enthusiasts will be disappointed no matter what it ends up being. I believe Don just wants to keep people thinking and talking about the park. I think keeping the park and next season expansion relevant come September is the main focus no matter if they over or under deliver on the announcement.

• Like 8

From everything I've seen going on when I've been at the park lately, Don has plenty on his 2016 plate at the moment. There are big public events like Spirit Song, and smaller private ones as well. Now is also the time to heavily market their awesome new slides to the general public, because recent weather makes even me start thinking the water park might be a good idea.

Even if he wants to, he probably doesn't have much time or energy to spend playing with us right now. Things will probably pick up as far as 2017 teasers when the super-busy summer starts to wind back down.

• Like 16

One question. If the coaster is a GCI, do you think it will come with ejector airtime? I'm asking since there are now no rides besides Vortex with ejector air.

Second, I took a tour of the GCI in Bowling Green and the GCI footers are different from those on the plans.

• Like 7

If it is GCI it will absolutely have ejector air time. I have ridden two GCI's one big and one small. Both had great ejector air time. I think GCI would be a great fit I just personally prefer RMC and would love to see one at my home park

Which GCI's have you ridden? And in what seat(s)? I've only ridden Thunderhead, but I didn't get anything more than mild floater.

That shouldn't discourage anyone from enjoying the ride though. It had some pretty insane laterals.

• Like 3

One question. If the coaster is a GCI, do you think it will come with ejector airtime? I'm asking since there are now no rides besides Vortex with ejector air.

Second, I took a tour of the GCI in Bowling Green and the GCI footers are different from those on the plans.

I know Goldstriker is a GCI that has the concrete slabs for the footers, so they have done it. Kentucky Rumbler was built in 2006, so GCI has had plenty of time to evolve. Like I said before everyone has the ability to evolve so the manufacturer is still up for discussion, I however am leaning toward GCI.

• Like 4

If it is GCI it will absolutely have ejector air time. I have ridden two GCI's one big and one small. Both had great ejector air time. I think GCI would be a great fit I just personally prefer RMC and would love to see one at my home park

Which GCI's have you ridden? And in what seat(s)? I've only ridden Thunderhead, but I didn't get anything more than mild floater.

That shouldn't discourage anyone from enjoying the ride though. It had some pretty insane laterals.

I've ridden THead in all seats, Wildcat, Lightning Racers (both), and KR. I thought TH was exceptional in the quick bursts of airtime mixed with laterals.
  • Like 4

I would guess the teasers have stopped due to the plans being discovered.  There is no reason to give away more than what has been found already.  A wooden coaster is pretty much guaranteed, so what else can you tease?   Manufacturer? (for the 1% who care?), track layout? (it's going back in the woods, probably interacting with WWC in someway), Inversions? (maybe, maybe not)

The only substantial thing left is the official announcement and the name.  I'm guessing the end of August and Sasquatch as the name.

• Like 4

I could really go for a good mapping of survey lines and tree clearing. :)

All I can say is all of the flags I've seen are inside the perimeter of the train, except for one in the old funnel cake area, and they go just beyond WWC to the little hill behind the train storage shed.

No visible footies... So IMHO, either this "coaster" is going to be short and sweet or something else.

• Like 3

I like when enthusiasts debate ejector vs floater airtime. The difference is only in how quickly the forces go from positive to negative. Everything else is subjective to the rider.

I prefer the airtime on el toro to any wooden coaster.

I prefer the airtime on el toro to ANY OTHER wooden coaster.

• Like 5