Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Also, I believe I was behind you in line for The Beast this morning. I was off today and decided to take advantage of the early ride time for the first time this season. Not such a great day for that, unfortunately.

Was that you that left to go ride Flying Ace when I mentioned it was open?

No, I was a few people back...I just saw the pigtails and figured it was you. I went to wait for Diamondback to open but was told it wouldn't be opening on time either, so I went back to The Beast to wait again. Diamondback opened on time incidentally. Kind of a frustrating morning.

• Like 3

Just because Kings Island teases RMC doesn't mean that's what we're getting. I'd love to be wrong, but CF isn't afraid to be deceptive.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

I agree with you up to the point where I think a lot of folks would be highly, highly disappointed if it didn't turn out to be an RMC.  You don't tease that unless you plan to deliver.  But that's just my opinion.

• Like 6

:unsure: I didn't mean to come off as sarcastic; just having fun banter.  I'll read up on Tigris, which I'm glad you've shared with us!

Like I said when we all had that awesome conversation around appetizers and wings at RHOFG on opening day: "We're like a big family of Kings Island fans, and we sometimes go off on fun tangents in order to offset the sheer excitement, anticipation and anxious waiting for new news around exciting, new attractions here." From me, it will never be meant in a negative light towards anyone.

Right on, and I most certainly took the fact it was You that said it into consideration, which is why I went the direction I did with my response.  Recent happenings 'round these parts have made me leery of engaging in many of the threads, and as someone who has met me face to face, Im sure You can understand why and also realize just HOW much I dial myself back in order to post here.

• Like 10

Don has said twice now " over the river and through the woods to the train house you will go". And the song actually goes to grandmothers house.... And Little Red Riding hood went over the river and through the woods... Grandma was eaten by the Big Bad Wolf.... And the wolf was killed by a Woodsman with an axe.... And blah blah blah... ;)

• Like 19

For those still thinking this is not an RMC...what do ya make of the "Yo Adrian" teaser awhile back from the park/PR?  A very, very clear Rocky reference.  Just...ignore that, or?

I'm wary on locking myself into one group because I know for a fact that Kings Island is willing to do a lot to tease people, The Bat wing coaster website comes to mind. Also I do believe that was on Snapchat which I wrote off as a credible source because Don himself doesn't walk around posting "major key" on every rollercoaster.  

However I think it is possible that this is an RMC, but the layout just reminds me too much of a steel GCI to let my brain go with my heart. Like I said much earlier on everyone has hopes and dreams, but you can't let that cloud reality.

• Like 8

Hmmm...

Barrels are made by Coopers.

The new ride is going to be near Diamondback.

The Arizona Diamondbacks play in Phoenix.

Alice Cooper owns a baseball-themed establishment in Phoenix.

...The new ride is going to be called "Kevin Bacon!"

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Yikes+Meme&view=detailv2&&id=FE8985C3C227E8AD1BE5EF9DC9020F7517452323&selectedIndex=1&ccid=BuVtysXa&simid=607989588586137438&thid=OIP.M06e56dcac5da93c7b47e1ea5207af5e7H1

• Like 4

Just because Kings Island teases RMC doesn't mean that's what we're getting. I'd love to be wrong, but CF isn't afraid to be deceptive.

I agree with you up to the point where I think a lot of folks would be highly, highly disappointed if it didn't turn out to be an RMC. You don't tease that unless you plan to deliver. But that's just my opinion.

You've got to take off the enthusiast glasses. :) A lot of folks (greater than 99% of guests) have no idea what RMC is. The few dozen participating or reading this thread are a tiny, tiny fraction of KI's customers.

• Like 8

I agree with you up to the point where I think a lot of folks would be highly, highly disappointed if it didn't turn out to be an RMC. You don't tease that unless you plan to deliver. But that's just my opinion.

You've got to take off the enthusiast glasses. :) A lot of folks (greater than 99% of guests) have no idea what RMC is. The few dozen participating or reading this thread are a tiny, tiny fraction of KI's customers.

Could be Don was just messing with the enthusiasts.  Could be.  If not, it's a dead giveaway.

• Like 6

Hope the train remains....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too, but there is no way the train is going away. It was packed this weekend transporting folks to and from Soak City. It's not going anywhere.

Grit your teeth, bear the load, enjoy your ride...

• Like 6

I have been sitting on these for a few weeks now but have not wanted to share because they are out of focus towards the top.  I took these pictures using my cell phone then merged them into single images using Photoshop.  I also should have done a better job at making sure the paper was flat.  I do have some good pictures of what I felt were the important areas at the time.  But these should be good enough.

2hehh0l.jpg

2kpxc5.jpg

2iqla9l.jpg

kp4w8.jpg

290wzur.jpg

• Like 12

Hope the train remains....

Me too, but there is no way the train is going away. It was packed this weekend transporting folks to and from Soak City. It's not going anywhere.
Grit your teeth, bear the load, enjoy your ride...

And grab a Snickers

• Like 5

Don should just tease... it's sure to be a great coaster in a rocky mountain like terrain where you and your group will be thrilled by gravity.

Were you referencing RMC and GG?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Soooo close,  GCI were also implied.  Might as well throw them all in the mix to confuse everybody.  Yes there's others but couldn't think of a long enough sentence to imply more INTense speculation.

• Like 5

So, I was thinking. In the classic game of Monopoly, when investing in a property's value (to generate higher revenue), players must exchange four smaller structures in order to place the large structure on that property. This is in the form of four little, green "houses," which are replaced by one large "hotel." That concept remains one of the most ingenious, yet educational rules of any game ever invented, as it parallels the reality of progress in the realm of economics.

That being said, the original Funnel Cake stand (and its adjacent patio) is one little, green house.  Pray tell, do you suppose that perhaps the Kings Island & Miami Valley Rail Road might represent another such "small" token? How about Whitewater Canyon?" ...just another angle from which to enrich the decoding fun that is this remarkable thread (and even more remarkable community)!

B)

• Like 5