Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

I wasn't really picking single points to advocate, nor ignoring anything.

#1 If he doesn't have permission to share, that is between him and his source and none of my business. It doesn't inherently make the shared information untrue.

#2 The only thing I can't advocate is violating the TOS. I never intended to do that and apologize if it seemed I was doing so. What I was trying to say is that a website's TOS requiring sources to be named was not something that was worthy of violating the trust of a source  (assuming sharing any info they provided was not already a violation of that trust).

#3 If he's lying, we'll find out when the truth is revealed in a few weeks. I see no point in calling anybody a liar until you have facts to support the claim.

edit - I know it probably seems like I'm taking one side or trying to stir trouble. That's not my intention. As far as 'sides', I'm a wait and see type. And it seems if you don't fall in step with a select few here, you're perceived as a troll or causing trouble. All I've been trying to say is that public name calling and accusations does nobody any good.

• Like 3

If information is reliable, it is repeatable. You (or others) would be able to go to the park and see for yourself. Walk into Mason City Center and get copies of the plans. Look at the news sites to see what the park has sent them.

Information that comes from a single source, which can't or won't reveal how to confirm the knowledge, is much more suspect.

That goes for pretty much every part of life, not just this thread or these forums.

• Like 11

If information is reliable, it is repeatable. You (or others) would be able to go to the park and see for yourself. Walk into Mason City Center and get copies of the plans. Look at the news sites to see what the park has sent them.

Information that comes from a single source, which can't or won't reveal how to confirm the knowledge, is much more suspect.

That goes for pretty much every part of life, not just this thread or these forums.

The first part, I don't totally agree with. I've been on the receiving end of confidential information and known features of products before they were public. It takes time to build credibility, but if one source has accurate info about multiple (related) topics, it happens.

I agree it's suspect, but that doesn't mean it's untrue...we'll find out in a few weeks.

• Like 4

Since it seems my haters are going for blood, I have taken down my posts. Yes, I know some of it has been requoted and screenshot. I never wanted it to come to this. I love this park and was graced with seeing the plans. My only goal was to spark conversation and fuel decoding. If I wanted to be the guy who leaked it, I could have. That is not the kind of guy I am. My source is credible and my passion for ki is stronger than ever. With the attention of newbies from the news posts, I figured it was time to delete my posts. Also, because I refuse to give up my source. Maybe one day soon this will all be cleared up and I receive my credibility. Thank you to all those who stood by me or at least, not against me. I'll still be around but my posts will be few. Hope to see everyone at the park!

• Like 6

GavPenn, I don't hate you and I'm not going for your blood. You asked for an evaluation of your trustworthiness and I gave it, specifically citing your behavior in this thread. What you have posted is all any of us know of you, and like it or not, my three scenarios are what I've taken home from all of your posts in the thread.

This is a place that welcomes wild (or tame) speculation. It welcomes verifiable information. However, as made abundantly clear by the ToS, it does not welcome people coming to say "I /know/ this but I can't tell you how I know it." I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy participating in the thread without engaging in that behavior.

• Like 18

This is a start:

http://www.trademarkia.com/company-cedar-fair-lp-222594-page-1-2

Nope, nothing new.

There is also a company page for KI specifically, but Banshee, which is now there (I think), was originally registered under Cedar Fair.

I've also been specifically looking for trademarks of "Lumberjack", "Timberjack", "Woodsman", and others, but haven't found anything of note. I think CF may have gotten good enough that we won't know the name until they announce it.

• Like 9

Why not let cooler heads prevail? Calling people liars and names is so childish. A member sending me pm's calling me names and accusing me of being some Devin person is uncalled for as well.

Why don't you screen cap and show what they have said to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Why not let cooler heads prevail? Calling people liars and names is so childish. A member sending me pm's calling me names and accusing me of being some Devin person is uncalled for as well.

How do I do it?

How do I do it?

If you use a phone just do a screen grab (usually power + home button. If you are on a computer usual the print screen button.

If you use a phone just do a screen grab (usually power + home button. If you are on a computer usual the print screen button.

I like prntscr.com for PC. Idk about iPhones but Android is Power button and volume down button at the same time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I really like some of those names Thrill_Biscuit. I created a mock up drawing just for fun a few years back of a crazy, air-time filled wood coaster in almost the same place in the park and named it Little Miami Scenic Screamway. It's a long winded name, but it was an homage to Kenton's Cove Keelboat Canal (one of my all time favorite rides) and the the Little Miami River.

It's so exciting to see at least part of that dream maybe coming true. I cannot wait for the official announcement!

• Like 12

I know this has been posted before by others, but the footer detail pretty much proves its a GCI. Almost every GCI I could find uses that type of bracket to tie the post to the footer. None of the RMC's use that. They use a different style. Gravity Group's are similar, but they seem to do more runners and slabs than pier type footers. They also seem to be only working in China the last few years. I know there will still be doubters, but the footer plan says this is a GCI. 

• Like 5

Can any heights be surmised from the available data?

Not really. What we really have is just a footer diagram and detail. If not for the Key Plan, we wouldn't even know the layout. if anyone knows if GCI has a standard lift hill angle, we could ballpark lift hill height. Using a 30 degree angle we are in the 145 foot tall range, not accounting for how high off the ground it is at the start. Like if the bottom of the lift is 10 foot off the ground, the top would be 155 foot. But thats assuming a 30 degree angle(No clue how close that is) and no tricks between the station and the top of the lift. 

• Like 4

Alright while I enjoy hanging back and just reading these sorts of threads I feel it is time to step in and make a couple of suggestions. I've used many forums and been around a long time on forums to get a pretty good idea of how people work plus most of it is common sense but some don't get that. 

First to Gavpenn this is the internet and a trust no one mentality exists. It does no good for you or anyone else for you to site that you know what is going on yet are unwilling to share what you know or the source. It causes frustration for you and everyone else. I will give you an example. Years ago I was on a music forum and we knew a big yearly tour was going to be announced in a couple of months and all the bands had signed. I happened to go to a concert with one of the bands on that tour was playing, I hung out with them that night and had a couple of drinks. They told me each and every band that was playing two months ahead of the announcement. They also asked that I not share the info. I obliged but made the mistake of saying to people talking about the tour that some of the bands were right in the rumors some were wrong. I could not site my source for fear I would get them kicked off the tour. People accused me of being a liar and a troll for it. I thought I was helping and playing along with rumors. In the end it frustrated me as much as everyone else. It is best just to leave it be if you actually have a credible source. 

Next to BeastGal and anyone else who ever gets accused of being a troll, the answer is simple to stopping the accusations, have a legitimate profile picture of yourself or meet with some of the people from the forum that can confirm who you are. I am not saying run out and meet with strangers just to prove who you are but what I am saying is there is a lot of meetups and friendly people on here that at the very least are willing to say hi to you at the park for a brief moment, plus it makes communities like this more fun. As long as you have that blank picture and no info though people will automatically assume troll until proven otherwise. 

now back to your regularly scheduled decoding... 

• Like 14