Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

What do I know?  Not much.  But...I don't think a giga coaster would fit well on this side of the park.  What if they relocated Drop Tower and the Skycoaster to Rivertown, rethemed them to a more rustic theme (kudos for THAT on the new funnel cake building!), removed Congo Falls, and put a giga coaster in Action Zone?  That  makes sense to my mind.

• Like 2

^ yeah, that's just what I was thinking.

Also, what's with all the people saying there should be a giga going between the picnic pavilions and the waterpark? That honestly sounds like something paramount would have done! I can think of multiple things that would take the experience away from.

1. The Railroad. Do I even have to explain this? If a giga is built there it would be basically on top of about 1/2 of the railroad. Along with Diamondback also being right over some of it. I don't think the railroad will be as nice as it is now if it is paralleled to a giant roaring B&M.

2. The Picnic Pavilions. This is a place for people to take a break from the park. A fairly peaceful section most of the time, especially good for parents. A giant B&M would basically have the same problem as the train.

3. White Water Canyon: this is another thing that is supposed to be isolated from the rest of the park. I just don't see a giant giga going over it working.

I don't know about you guys, but I will be majorly disappointed if KI does this. If a coaster is going to take away from the experience in other parts of the park then I don't want it. *cough* Backlot *cough*

• Like 7

I personally am not on any team yet(except for the team that will not tear down anything, if there is such a thing!), there is not sufficient evidence to determine what it is yet, in a month or so, the choices will be much more narrower.

• Like 4

And "everyone" isn't thinking anything, much less saying, Sythe...

True. But a lot of people are. It almost seems like everyone to me.

Trust me.

It isn't.

Some of us are reading...and snickering, tee-heeing, and slapping our thighs.

Just a bit ago, a co-worker asked me if I was having a conniption. We old people do that!

• Like 13

I'm confused about why an RMC is out of the question. There's four lined up for next year and I don't see why it's not possible for Kings Island.

People think its unlikely because Cedar Fair hasn't worked with them yet and has been heavily investing in B&M coasters.

There was a point in time when Cedar Fair didn't work with B&M. There was also a point in time where Cedar Fair didn't work with GCI.

There's a first time for everything.

• Like 6

Sythe, I think it bears repeating: "those who know don't talk, those who talk don't know." Most of us here know we don't know anything for sure, but are speculating with a mixture of wishing and educated guesswork. Anything that doesn't come directly from the park (DonKIPR on these boards), take with a huge grain of salt. Stuff that does come direct... Take with a smaller grain. It's still very early for much other than teasing.

• Like 6

I'm confused about why an RMC is out of the question. There's four lined up for next year and I don't see why it's not possible for Kings Island.

People think its unlikely because Cedar Fair hasn't worked with them yet and has been heavily investing in B&M coasters.

There was a point in time when Cedar Fair didn't work with B&M. There was also a point in time where Cedar Fair didn't work with GCI.

There's a first time for everything.

I don't disagree just stating what I've heard. And while I would like an RMC or a rekindling with Intamin I still think chances are any new coaster is GCI or B&M related.

• Like 1

I wouldn't read to far into rfylcb not being open. 

As for the giga discussion, I don't think they are only holdouts of the coaster war but more of a "you have no major holes and we want more hype for this park". The giga's I have been on are fantastic and I would love to see one at KI but it isn't NEEDED, I think any coaster put in will be a pretty good fit for the park. 

• Like 2

So did anyone else notice that rfylcb isn't opening today. There is no water movement for the ride at all.

One is an event

Two is a coincidence

Three is an occurrence

Unless it doesn't open for a few more days, I'm just attributing this to lack or workers or just mechanical problems.

For the new ride (if it even is a new ride) I'm on the giga bandwagon, but I would also love to see a launch. Could Mack or B&M possibly make a compact, fast, and incredibly intense launch coaster like Mav or ispeed? I know Mack has made Helix and Blue Fire which are great, but they do not seem as intense as the Intamin ones. I have never ridden those two so I may be incorrect (which I probably am since I've heard how great Helix is) but that is just what it seems like to me.

• Like 3

What do I know?  Not much.  But...I don't think a giga coaster would fit well on this side of the park.  What if they relocated Drop Tower and the Skycoaster to Rivertown, rethemed them to a more rustic theme (kudos for THAT on the new funnel cake building!), removed Congo Falls, and put a giga coaster in Action Zone?  That  makes sense to my mind.

If they take down Drop Tower I doubt we would be keeping it.  It would likely be scrapped or moved to another park.  The ride is down frequently, but I am not certain how much the repairs cost to keep it running.  It might be useful to take it down and move it since it would be totally rebuilt.  But it also does feel like something which would be scrapped.

With the removal of Drop Tower and Xteme Skyflyer you would open up enough space for a station and line.

I have heard in the past rumors of moving Invertigo to one of the smaller parks in the chain which could also open up space in the front of the park.  Although I think Congo falls would likely be removed at the same time.

Honestly long term most of Action Zone feels like it is likely to be removed.

• Like 4