Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Watch for falling tress..... axes.... could be hinting at the name and have nothing to do with the type of coaster. Maybe something with Timber in the name (get it?) Or they could just being hinting at a wooden coaster and im just refusing to accept it.  I definitely believe the barrels are a straight hint at barrel rolls.

• Like 7

And for pretty much definitive proof, its a GCI: 

27905109692_2150a5d2c8_b.jpg

Thats the motor block foundation plan that Kenban posted here: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/31913-decoding-episode-ii-rivertown-2017-and-the-falling-trees/?p=737049

And a picture of the lift on Heidi from rcdb here: http://rcdb.com/7645.htm#p=68515

They match. Heidi is a GCI being built in Belgium now. 

• Like 13

Woah, the section of trees that the new WWC queue goes around has no more trees.

[sad picture]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*deep sigh*

I really did like how many trees were around that part of the path. I really did.

I'm excited for this new ride. I was just really hopeful that a new ride in that area wouldn't result in a Diamondback-like clear-cutting of trees in one of the few locations inside the park that still has lots of trees. Oh well!

• Like 8

who is sending rude PMs, interesting how something simple as decoding goes so far, anyway back on topic: Is anyone at the park right now? can they possibly ride the train and see if anything has changed?

currently riding. So far the most thats changed is the area by WWC's queue.

• Like 2

who is sending rude PMs, interesting how something simple as decoding goes so far, anyway back on topic: Is anyone at the park right now? can they possibly ride the train and see if anything has changed?

currently riding. So far the most thats changed is the area by WWC's queue.

Just kidding theres some terascaping by the reservoire

133c1a4e34f479bacef0d2712caf07d6.jpg6a7fdce884aa07586540cc37068aa802.jpg

• Like 10

I just hope it's a record breaking woodie if it is one. Doesn't have to SOB scale. Gut bigger then any other woodie out there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The current tallest I can think of is Goliath at 164ft so it would be relatively close in height to SOB. Fastest is supposed to be Lightning Rod at 73, so a little bit slower then SOB. And of course the longest is already at KI, in The Beast. So I doubt it will break any records, which is fine as records don't necessarily make a ride good, just more marketable.  

• Like 4

I wonder if the record KI will break will be the most wooden coaster track in one park?  I do believe KI lost that when SOB was shut down/demolished.  The only park I think that tops us is Holiday World.  

This post may be edited.  Going to crunch numbers.

EDIT: The park with the most wooden track is Six Flags Great America at around 16,558 ft (I'm begrudgingly counting Goliath).  KI has about 15,539 ft.  Even a small GCI should put KI over.  

• Like 5

I am convinced if SOB was built with good materials and not rushed we would still have it to this day. My biggest problem with SOB was the trains were just not good, but I understand that those were needed for the loop. I actually would love to see something similar return, but with SOB past I doubt we will ever see something like it again.

• Like 7

The only thing we have is not even a layout, it's the path to a layout. 

We don't know what the banks are going to be, or if there are any twists or loops (We can rule out Dive/Immelmans/Vertical Loops) since You can most definitely tell those parts of any roller coaster. But are we going to have Barrel rolls, we don't know until a more detailed plan is shown off. Which possibly won't happen for a little longer down the road. 

We still don't know a name. It could be Centurion, but it also could be something different. We still do not know a manufacturer... RMC, GCI, CCI, GG, Intamin even... (I doubt intamin, but you never know) We still don't even exactly know the height, length, nor the exact location that this ride will be placed in. 

We know the experience shown while being on the train will definitely change when this ride comes.

We know to watch for falling trees. 

Axes, and barrels have something to do with it.

By the way, can't we just go back to the old saying... "Those who know, do not speak. Those who don't know, speak"? And can we also stop tearing out heads off of our necks with this tread? Seriously? It's very bad here and I feel like a lot of people are hating each other on this site, and no one should EVER be called out, and or getting rude private messages. 

If you know, STOP talking. If you don't know, please continue to talk. but be nice about it! This thread is very frustrating, and I honestly think it might be possible to suggest a shut down, or a firm limitation because I don't like how this thread is going, and I feel like other people are feeling the same way. 

Amen. Halelujah. This is totally 100% true.

• Like 2

I just hope it's a record breaking woodie if it is one. Doesn't have to SOB scale. Gut bigger then any other woodie out there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The current tallest I can think of is Goliath at 164ft so it would be relatively close in height to SOB. Fastest is supposed to be Lightning Rod at 73, so a little bit slower then SOB. And of course the longest is already at KI, in The Beast. So I doubt it will break any records, which is fine as records don't necessarily make a ride good, just more marketable.
Colossos at Heide Park in Germany is the tallest woodie at 197'

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm sure the mention of the Antique Cars is coincidental, but it made me think: wouldn't the woods around this potential new coaster be a cool location for some new Antique Cars? It brings to mind Blue Ridge Tollway at Kings Dominion--a nice, relaxing drive through the woods.

Kings Island, make it happen, please! :)

• Like 12

On SOB- how you design a 200+ ft wooden coaster with 0 air time and nothing but helices and a loop with positive and lateral g's is beyond me.  The Premier and Gerstlauer trains were both garbage.  The only redeeming things were the 214 ft drop and the loop.  

• Like 13

I always wonder what SOB would have been like if it had been built by someone other then RCCA, such as CCI, used a steel structure that wouldn't collapse and had actually been completely finished...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 8

^In all seriousness, I wouldn't put it past Intamin or RMC to do it.  Part of me at the time was hopeful RMC would get to re-design SOB.  Having seen the forensic reports from the 2006 accident, I knew it probably wouldn't happen. 

• Like 7