Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

And for pretty much definitive proof, its a GCI: 

27905109692_2150a5d2c8_b.jpg

Thats the motor block foundation plan that Kenban posted here: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/31913-decoding-episode-ii-rivertown-2017-and-the-falling-trees/?p=737049

And a picture of the lift on Heidi from rcdb here: http://rcdb.com/7645.htm#p=68515

They match. Heidi is a GCI being built in Belgium now.

I hate to burst your bubble, but RMCs use a similar motor block.
  • Like 7

As much as I wouldn't trust Intamin currently, I do hope they're at least trying to do better in that area.  They do have some interesting concepts.  

B&M can do anything, forceless that is... Rhyano, an Intamin fanboy 

• Like 4

As much as I wouldn't trust Intamin currently, I do hope they're at least trying to do better in that area.  They do have some interesting concepts.  

Says you.  I don't find B&M's forceless. 

• Like 8

Something tells me you haven't made it to my neck of the woods yet.
  • Like 3

That's the question tho: do they? Obviously, they need to have the complete schematic to actually build the coaster, but I'm not so certain that the entire plans need to be submitted to the city.

Try to build something in the city of Mason and tell the city you are just going to submit a footer plan. Or just part of a footer plan. 

They have to submit complete plans to get a building permit. Now those plans may be sealed and hidden from the public, but they do have to be submitted and approved before the first shovel of dirt is turned over. 

Actually, the only plans (in terms of vertical construction) that were required for Banshee were foundation plans (location, type, size, and test data after doing the cylinder breaks post-pouring). Anything above the foundations (i.e. ride supports and track) did NOT have to be submitted; Mason did not have to review and approve that. Now, other parts of the design plans like grading, environmental (drainage, SWPPP), etc. may have been required, but most people here don't care about that (and don't give info regarding the actual ride.  

Could there be different requirements for a wooden coaster? Maybe, but doubtful. It wouldn't make sense. If I could actually review the full set...

Edit:

Accidents don't seem to matter to Intamin based on their track record  :D i'm sure there has been an "acceptable" number of incidents

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Do they even have a track "record"?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

There can be a record for anything haha

• Like 3

I've ridden Banshee, Diamondback, and Fury, I love those rides, but every other B&M is just ehhhh, I have my opinions, you have yours

I rode Gatekeeper a few weeks ago and was surprised how good of a ride it is. I think it's way better than Valravn and almost as good as Banshee. Just seems under rated IMO. 

• Like 3

At the very least the plans for the station, queue, maintenance building etc would need to be submitted for a building permit. Ensuring these adhere to building codes, accessibility codes etc would all be required. Also I'm not sure about the ride itself, but being wood makes it more flammable and therefore might require more stringent codes.

• Like 3

I'm definitely one to recommend meetups (here's a FAQ I posted awhile back), but some members have reasons for staying anonymous - which is completely fine. Members who make respectful posts & consistently follow the rules generally don't get accused of trolling.

It's not necessarily that they want to remain anonymous, they are just scared you'll run them to death.

:)

Yeah, you're never going to let me live that down. I'll admit to it being my suggestion, but you agreed! :)

(When it's night ERT with 23 minutes remaining, and you're at Beast having yet to partake in a Banshee night ride, desperate times can call for desperate measures. We made the 0.5mi trek in 6 minutes, so we technically could have been power walking.)

Seriously, though, more people should post in the meetups forum. Anymore, it seems that ~80% of the threads are mine.

• Like 4

^^ It isn't a matter of what I want more but what is the reality of the situation. I would love to see an RMC coaster being put in, but I don't think it is going to happen. Another key thing here is that the past 3 roller coasters put in have been "high intensity" which leaves a hole for the target guests, families. Do I think this ride is going to be a kiddie coaster No, but I think it is going to be a nice inbetweener coaster, based on what we have available. 

• Like 6

I'm definitely one to recommend meetups (here's a FAQ I posted awhile back), but some members have reasons for staying anonymous - which is completely fine. Members who make respectful posts & consistently follow the rules generally don't get accused of trolling.

It's not necessarily that they want to remain anonymous, they are just scared you'll run them to death.

:)

Yeah, you're never going to let me live that down. I'll admit to it being my suggestion, but you agreed! :)

(When it's night ERT with 23 minutes remaining, and you're at Beast having yet to partake in a Banshee night ride, desperate times can call for desperate measures. We made the 0.5mi trek in 6 minutes, so we technically could have been power walking.)

Seriously, though, more people should post in the meetups forum. Anymore, it seems that ~80% of the threads are mine.

Yes I did. And had a great time doing it.

I hope to be in better shape next time. And not a round shape.

I am hoping to make at least one more meet up before the season is over with.

• Like 3

At this point I don't really care what we get. I prefer a RMC, but wouldn't care if we got a GCI. I read something on this form about GCI being able to do inversions, honestly I will be fine with whatever we get as long as it barrel rolls over the reservoir (If it does indeed go over the reservoir) I just think that would be an incredible element to have.

• Like 2

^Would be nice for the latter. That's one thing I love about how RMC constructs their coasters. Generally no cat-walks beyond the lifts/launch and the ability to have a more "open" experience with the surroundings.

That's almost exactly why I wouldn't choose RMC over GCI. I love the look of traditional wooden coasters. I also don't rate inversions very highly, so that wouldn't be a selling point for me.

Accessibility plans only need to be submitted for the loading station. They can probably wait to get those done.

• Like 8

^ They said that it is likely that it will have a white steel structure, but others like Oldschool have said that the term "girder truss" in the plans is for the bridge. I think a steel structure makes sense with the amount of lateral supports seen on the structure.

• Like 4

^ They said that it is likely that it will have a white steel structure, but others like Oldschool have said that the term "girder truss" in the plans is for the bridge. I think a steel structure makes sense with the amount of lateral supports seen on the structure.

I am not putting much stock in 2 guys doing a coaster special out of their parents' basements.

• Like 4