Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

^Except your picture does not match that drawing. The drawing clearly shows concrete going left and right which would likely link with the next support.

Those are for footings that are on a grade. (Incline)

It's so they don't slide down a hill.

Please provide a picture of an RMC footing which has that extra concrete. Because I have never seen it, even on an incline. All of the RMC footings I have seen on inclines are just cylinders.

• Like 2

The post detail pretty much shows that its going to be a wood frame. It it was steel, they would do a bolt pattern and have the support post have a welded flange that went down over the bolts. These show a bracket that attaches to the footer then bolts through a rectangular post. No reason to do that with steel. That doesn't mean there won't be some steel supports, but looking at GCI's, I'd doubt it.

Really?? You might want to rethink that.

Those aren't rectangular pieces of metal though. Those are angles. The post detail clearly shows it is box instead of angle. Box tubing is typically not bolted through. Also the "x" in the middle of the post drawing suggests solid material not hollow tubing. 

• Like 3

^Except your picture does not match that drawing. The drawing clearly shows concrete going left and right which would likely link with the next support.

Those are for footings that are on a grade. (Incline)

It's so they don't slide down a hill.

Please provide a picture of an RMC footing which has that extra concrete. Because I have never seen it, even on an incline. All of the RMC footings I have seen on inclines are just cylinders.

Sorry for the double, but...

All of those horizontals will be underground. At least on the area detail that we have, the only thing above ground will be the concrete cylinders. 

• Like 3

The footing design may or may not have been done by GCI or RMC, it can be done by a different contractor. I will note that while Thunder Road was designed by Curtis Summers of PTC, the actual wooden structure was built by locals hired by Carowinds. Did PTC have someone in charge of construction, maybe but my understanding is that Carowinds themselves were in charge of the construction. RMC has stated before that just because they design the coaster doesn't mean they erect it. Also footing design can be based on soil and ground conditions.

• Like 4

^^There are a lot of construction pictures for rides out there. I was more trying to point out that I did not feel this is something that points towards RMC because I have never seen it. But I am not convinced this points towards GCI either.

Personally I have a hard time seeing a coaster just doing airtime hills over WWC. Let's assume that the orientation is correct and it passes over WWC six times. A GCI could easily have that many airtime hills but why build the coaster over another ride? What else could a GCI be doing at those moments?

Assuming the orientation is correct it just seems more logical to be an RMC. Put barrel rolls over WWC, a stall over the line or water reservoir, etc.

Also there are a few strange elements of the overview drawing. What the heck is going on right before the tracks splits at the start of zone 3? The edge lines disappear. Why? What is the ride doing which would cause this? In addition to this there are two locations in zone 3 which the lines which are perpendicular to the track do not continue all the way across. Both times they disappear when the ride might be over WWC. It would make sense to do a barrel roll and this might be how one appears in an overview.

I have a hard time finding a logical way to explain these oddities if I assume the ride is a GCI. But I could be overlooking something.

• Like 4

I have not ruled out RMC, but certain things do point toward GCI. The layout is very reminiscent of a White Lightning/Prowler mix, including the standard GCI shed. The concrete layout is similar to that used on GoldStriker. 

Now for some arguments for RMC. There is A LOT of straight aways, while there will obviously be airtime hills I can see the argument for inversions. People have spotted CF executives talking to RMC, and yes those sources are considered credible.

Obviously something big is coming to Rivertown otherwise there would have been no reason to tease it at the 2015 announcement. However I currently am at a 60% GCI, 40% RMC as manufacturer. More will reveal itself the closer we get to an announcement date, but we must keep an open mind to ALL possibilities even if we don't like those options.

• Like 7

^^There are a lot of construction pictures for rides out there. I was more trying to point out that I did not feel this is something that points towards RMC because I have never seen it. But I am not convinced this points towards GCI either.

Personally I have a hard time seeing a coaster just doing airtime hills over WWC. Let's assume that the orientation is correct and it passes over WWC six times. A GCI could easily have that many airtime hills but why build the coaster over another ride? What else could a GCI be doing at those moments?

Assuming the orientation is correct it just seems more logical to be an RMC. Put barrel rolls over WWC, a stall over the line or water reservoir, etc.

Also there are a few strange elements of the overview drawing. What the heck is going on right before the tracks splits at the start of zone 3? The edge lines disappear. Why? What is the ride doing which would cause this? In addition to this there are two locations in zone 3 which the lines which are perpendicular to the track do not continue all the way across. Both times they disappear when the ride might be over WWC. It would make sense to do a barrel roll and this might be how one appears in an overview.

I have a hard time finding a logical way to explain these oddities if I assume the ride is a GCI. But I could be overlooking something.

Based on your description and my memory of the plans, you are talking about the abutment locations.
  • Like 2

Based on your description and my memory of the plans, you are talking about the abutment locations.

To my knowledge I am not. The only two abutment which I believe I know of in the plans are not in the sections which I am discussing.

• Like 2

Here comes that green Intamin track again....lol.

If It's green track, I'll be excited! Green is my favorite color!
Ooo! Maybe it will be my dream of camaflauge paint.... :P

I could see that.... or could I? :unsure:
The Cena Coaster.

Edit: That would be better teased with a shovel than an axe.

• Like 9

Thinking about the "Tin Man" clues and decided to search around. I stumbled upon this connection.

http://www.mythfolklore.net/3043mythfolklore/reading/oz/pages/16.htm

//It was lucky the Scarecrow and the Woodman were wide awake and heard the wolves coming.

"This is my fight," said the Woodman, "so get behind me and I will meet them as they come."

He seized his axe, which he had made very sharp, and as the leader of the wolves came on the Tin Woodman swung his arm and chopped the wolf's head from its body, so that it immediately died. As soon as he could raise his axe another wolf came up, and he also fell under the sharp edge of the Tin Woodman's weapon. There were forty wolves, and forty times a wolf was killed, so that at last they all lay dead in a heap before the Woodman.

Then he put down his axe and sat beside the Scarecrow, who said, "It was a good fight, friend."\\

Any thoughts? Seems to me that those doing detective work in the beginning of this were on to something.

• Like 6

Actually, at that time I first mentioned it, it was the wildest of speculation to get things rolling, rather than any actual detective work. Something I noticed that I thought interesting enough to mention, but I didn't seriously think it was intentionally a clue. I'm surprised it came to be anything, but accidental or not, the whole Tin Man, Tin Woodsman, Lumberjack thing seems pertinent.

Too bad my two tulips were dead about a week after I mentioned them... but maybe that was a conspiracy. The two lips didn't know when to stay shut!

• Like 17