Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

^^Same. The legend seems incredibly underrated in my opinion, and the voyage is just insane.

As for Millennium Force, I see how people do not like it as much, as I am in the same boat, but it is still a fantastic ride. I'd just put it at 8 or 9 overall, behind such rides as Maverick, Banshee, Diamondback, Thunderbird, and Raptor, just to name a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 12

...I'm not into mere speed. For me, negative g's, strong laterals and great pacing make a roller coaster. Millennium Force has a nice view.

This is why I also don't get Voyage. At all. I'd rather ride a tricycle down a gentle hill. Raven is much more my style.

Or El Toro. Beast.

Laat I checked, Voyage has negative gs, laterals (maybe not as much as Legend or Beast, but it's definitely there), and IMO it has great pacing too.

You are allowed to despise the ride, but doesnt the ride check all the points you just said make a coaster? It has speed too (like El Toro, which you prefer); not mere speed.

Confused.

• Like 4

Of all the coasters I have ridden, Millennium Force is, for me, somewhere near the bottom. Great view. Nice first drop.

I'm not into mere speed. For me, negative g's, strong laterals and great pacing make a roller coaster. Millennium Force has a nice view.

This is why I also don't get Voyage. At all. I'd rather ride a tricycle down a gentle hill. Raven is much more my style.

Or El Toro. Beast.

But Millennium Forceless? I prefer Mean Streak, of which I am decidedly not a fan.

I concur with you on Millennium Force. However, I respectfully disagree on Voyage, my favorite coaster out of 132 ridden

It definitely has negative g's with it's 20 plus seconds of airtime! I also feel solid laterals on it. Now pacing, maybe I can see your beef there. To me it's like being on a bucking bronco and you might not feel like you're really traveling in any particular direction. It's just chaos, especially the second half.

I'm different than most coaster fans in that I like Legend better than Raven.

Wow... that is exactly my opinion! I like Legend better than Raven also and The Voyage is my #1....

"Its a Small World After All"

• Like 7

Of all the coasters I have ridden, Millennium Force is, for me, somewhere near the bottom. Great view. Nice first drop.

I'm not into mere speed. For me, negative g's, strong laterals and great pacing make a roller coaster. Millennium Force has a nice view.

Or El Toro. Beast.

But Millennium Forceless? I prefer Mean Streak, of which I am decidedly not a fan.

I concur with you on Millennium Force. However, I respectfully disagree on Voyage, my favorite coaster out of 132 ridden

It definitely has negative g's with it's 20 plus seconds of airtime! I also feel solid laterals on it. Now pacing, maybe I can see your beef there. To me it's like being on a bucking bronco and you might not feel like you're really traveling in any particular direction. It's just chaos, especially the second half.

I'm different than most coaster fans in that I like Legend better than Raven.

Wow... that is exactly my opinion! I like Legend better than Raven also and The Voyage is my #1....

"Its a Small World After All"

I like Legend better than the other two and Millennium Force is my #1...
  • Like 2

Fortunately, Cedar Point offers fantastic coasters like Magnum XL-200, Maverick, Raptor and Blue Streak, while Millennium Force draws many out of what otherwise would be their lines.

I thin that's kind of the saving grace of Millennium Force for me. It has a strong line up to support it. It's a nice coaster for views and speed but overall find it rather dull, but still enjoyable. But have others like Maverick for intensity and Magnum for airtime and hills. So with all the other options for coasters to ride and experiences it doesn't really feel so much like it is lacking as you can still get those experiences elsewhere in the park. Just not something I will wait in a long line for but fun ride in itself.

Just hope if/when we get a giga it will be a more complete experience.

• Like 4

The pictures are posted by Dan Glauser. https://twitter.com/GlauserDan13/status/754696397505560576 for the Diamondback tree removal and https://twitter.com/GlauserDan13/status/754697029847281665 for the bridge tweet. 

Personally am thinking that these have nothing to do with Project 2017 or at least the coaster part of it. 

• Like 7

^I agree, they are really working hard on the clear out. Would like to see an aerial shot of it all, that would be nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I agree. It might really start showing the layout. Who has got a drone that lives near KI? (just kidding....that would get you arrested fast)

• Like 2

I really think this will be either a very big coaster or a gigantic expansion of the park. Why would they be clearing anything east of DB. Just my opinion and feeling. No facts or rumors of it. I'm happy anytime something is added to the park.

I still have a lil hope for a Giga coaster with the name King Cobra stamped on it.

But will be happy with whatever is added.

Also thanks Stashua123 for the pictures

• Like 3

Sorry to double post, but trees are now down by the bridge and behind WWC.

What are you calling "behind" in reference to WWC?  The bottom of this pic? We already had reports of clearance around WWC first big turn a day or two ago.

becae8b7e1.jpg

• Like 3

I really think this will be either a very big coaster or a gigantic expansion of the park. Why would they be clearing anything east of DB. Just my opinion and feeling. No facts or rumors of it. I'm happy anytime something is added to the park.

I still have a lil hope for a Giga coaster with the name King Cobra stamped on it.

But will be happy with whatever is added.

Also thanks Stashua123 for the pictures

They are clearing area East of Diamondback? When did this happen?

• Like 2