Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Based on the investor's presentation from earlier this year starting to think some park is getting a hotel or camp grounds.  I should point out I did not say Kings Island is getting anything beyond this ride.  I would guess Carowinds.  Although I would love to see a campground with cabins by the river in the north east corner of the property.

Slightly off topic, wasn't a campground rumored for the park a few years ago? I want to visit Kings Island for the first time next year but there doesn't seem to be an onsite option. Other than GWL, but that seems pretty expensive.

This is definitely [at least] two images stacked on one another. It looks like branches on front layer, rocks covered with vines on middle layer, and the forest on the bottom layer.

ki_capital-countdownbackground_rotator1.

I found this post really intriguing. Everything has been about cutting down trees and stump and sticks...... this one says nature is taking over. I think this one may actually be a clue to the name. Whats lurking in the forest could too but i think they are just referring to the coaster going up in the woods.

Top right hand corner...am I the only one who sees the white number 198, or am I just seeing things?  Plus, if you zoom in to the upper left along the top of the image, above the letter "N", it seems to show some more numbers.  Looks like a green 6 with a 4 under it.

I see the 6 and 4 but I don't see the 198... Hmmm... Height and speed? (too big for the area cleared.) Maybe 98 feet tall but the speed wouldn't reach 64 mph from that height. I'm stumped.... :P

• Like 2

Breakers express is a small expansion.  It is currently shaped like a U and the are bringing the two sides together to form a rectangle.  I remember seeing how many rooms would be added and it was a small number.  Might cost a million.

EDIT: Totally wrong on that will be a couple of million, I looked it up and they are adding 69 more rooms.

The hotel at Knotts does need a renovation.

The reason why I mentioned a new hotel or camp grounds the presentation was specific about developing land adjacent to parks and it listed 1,300 acres of undeveloped land.  The next three bullet points were "Hotels, Cabins to expand accommodation services for guests.", "Amateur youth sports facilities to drive incremental attendance", "Complementary commercial development opportunities in retail, dining, entertainment".  We know the sports facilities is Cedar Point, the commercial development is Great America, so what is the hotels and cabins.  The hotel could be breakers express.  So where are the cabins?  Cedar Point again except no idea where they would be placed.

• Like 3

^ I believe it would be possible to be that high but would require as you stated a 40-45 degree lift hill.  The problem is that is a very steep lift hill and not used very often for example Intimin used a 45 degree lift hill on Millennium Force and I305.  Goliath  by RMC at Six Flags Great America is the only example of a wooden coaster with a 45 degree angle to my knowledge.

• Like 5

If I'm remembering correctly I think at one point a copy of The Wildcat from Coney Island was slated to be built where The Beast stands today (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I think it'd be a nice throwback to use that name for the new coaster. Granted, it doesn't really fit the Rivertown theme... But I guess that means it would fit perfectly.

• Like 6

Slightly off topic, wasn't a campground rumored for the park a few years ago? I want to visit Kings Island for the first time next year but there doesn't seem to be an onsite option. Other than GWL, but that seems pretty expensive.

KI does have some campgrounds listed under "places to stay" I think or maybe just CP. We camped once at Fort Ancient but that was a scout function, with the river and canoeing right there I am sure there are camping locations close by. Most campgrounds have shower facilities but if no there is always SC. I am 90 minutes from KI so I just drive home but if I want to do a 2 day trip to CP I will likely just tent it if Mom isn't along, we are Scouts after all. :)
  • Like 3

Beast Gal, do you sit and think about Intamin throughout the night?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It would be nice to see KI get an Intamin. Sorry just over here fanboying out. Put a ground hugger like Maverick running through the woods would be sweet!

• Like 9

It would be nice to see KI get an Intamin. Sorry just over here fanboying out. Put a ground hugger like Maverick running through the woods would be sweet!

I agree.

I am #RMC4KI2017.

My husband is still hoping for an intamin AG coaster. He is threatening to not renewal our family's passes.

Oh no! Kings Island definitely wouldn't dare not put an Intamin at KI for one small family!! That's the funniest thing I have heard. Well. Almost funniest. Like your threatening will influence their decision.

• Like 8

Some folks ain't paid much attention around here, I guess.

The Intamin problems have been pretty well documented around here. More than once.

Forget about it. Move on. Ain't happening. Where's the dead horse pics when you need them. Sorry to burst your bubble.

• Like 9

The Intamin problems have been pretty well documented around here. More than once.

Forget about it. Move on. Ain't happening. Where's the dead horse pics when you need them. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I feel the same way about the thought that this is an RMC. lol

• Like 3

Hmmm odd. It's too bad that Cedar Points most popular coasters are Intamin. I mean they only make the best coasters on earth. I mean Maverick does not have any downtime. Did they need to replace a piece of track sure. But after that.......nothing. MForce never down. Then there is TTD, Yes it is down sometimes but that thing is a MONSTER. I would assume it would be down with how big that thing is and how much power it pushes out. I understand you like your cookie cutter b&m's ......o well. One day Cedar Fair will learn and use Intamin again when people start getting bored with cookie cutters......Moving on after my rant. lol So how about renovating drop zone with seats like Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens Tampa haha

• Like 4

I could see RMC before Intamin.

I don't know anything, just like most of us. The folks that do know, ain't here.

One week.

I don't "know" either, but I can look at the plans and examples of the coasters the companies have made and see how this one is going to be built and who is going to build it. Too many times people let what they want, cloud what they see. It's like the day of the Banshee announcement people still were claiming it was an intamin giga even though we had plans, B&M footers laid out for an inverted, and inverted track at CSF. 

• Like 4

Hmmm odd. It's too bad that Cedar Points most popular coasters are Intamin. I mean they only make the best coasters on earth. I mean Maverick does not have any downtime. Did they need to replace a piece of track sure. But after that.......nothing. MForce never down. Then there is TTD, Yes it is down sometimes but that thing is a MONSTER. I would assume it would be down with how big that thing is and how much power it pushes out. I understand you like your cookie cutter b&m's ......o well. One day Cedar Fair will learn and use Intamin again when people start getting bored with cookie cutters......Moving on after my rant. lol So how about renovating drop zone with seats like Falcon's Fury at Busch Gardens Tampa haha

Maverick has frequent break downs, almost daily.  It recently stalled in the middle of the course causing the ride to be evacuated.   MF has had several long downtime sections due to the elevator lift.  TTD in addition to breaking down daily, has had a cable explode and cut people's faces, had the theming fall off while the ride was running, and struggles to run all 6 trains it was designed to run.

I agree these rides are great, but reliable and safe as they need to be, they are not.

That's not even scratching the surface of the issues with Shoot the Rapids, which they are lucky didn't kill anyone, and the issues Intamin has had with it's restraints.

• Like 16

I am not an Invert or B&M fanboy, but when it comes to maintenance, design, and support of B&M's no one comes even close. I have first hand experience on B&M's, they are awesome. Safety-wise, engineering-wise. 

B&M reliability.

1fa186a41339946522cf379ec051cd58.gif

• Like 5

Maverick has frequent break downs, almost daily.  It recently stalled in the middle of the course causing the ride to be evacuated.   MF has had several long downtime sections due to the elevator lift.  TTD in addition to breaking down daily, has had a cable explode and cut people's faces, had the theming fall off while the ride was running, and struggles to run all 6 trains it was designed to run.

I agree these rides are great, but reliable and safe as they need to be, they are not.

That's not even scratching the surface of the issues with Shoot the Rapids, which they are lucky didn't kill anyone, and the issues Intamin has had with it's restraints.

I am sorry...I have a season pass to Cedar Point and I for 1. Never see Maverick down unless it is raining. 2. Never MForce down. TTD  is understandable. As I said before that thing is unlike anything else. It is a monster and is so powerful it has a right to be down. I will say I haven't gone there and not been  on all three more then once a day. Just saying maybe try going more then one day a year! B&M may be more reliable but they are just boring at times. They are the coasters you go to a park and ride one time a day and say yeaaaah I rode that once. But you ride Maverick / Mforce 2 or 3 times! Yes, B&M are never down but they are not as fun/ thrilling.

• Like 1

I think my biggest problem with Intamin is that there is apparently "an acceptable number of casualties", which IMO is the worst thing you can say. They may be extremely innovative and intense rides, but I would take a B&M every time over Intamin if I'm running a park. 

Now back on topic, even if we know everything about this ride a few days before it is announced I think KI has done an exceptional job teasing this project. The hints were well thought out and nothing that gave it away, considering we are still questioning a lot of things about it. 

• Like 13

The thing is.... the majority of guests (and I mean majority as in 99.9% of the people who attend the park) don't care who manufactures the ride as long as it's fun. Parks know that, and they want the most bang for their buck, so naturally, they'll go with a reliable company like B&M or GCI.

Or Mack.

• Like 9