Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Mr. Helbig is going to shock the world and announce an intamin pre fabricated woodie. After hyping the investments of over 20 million per ride on Banshee and diamond back it will make sense to spend over 20 million on a woody.

Wouldn't mind that at all! but......I doubt it will. El Chupacabra?

• Like 3

Does anyone think they may use the crypt building for this? Maybe?? I know they are keeping wood over there. More then likely just trying to keep it behind the fence. Maybe the queue will go through it and the coaster will run through it. That would be cool to see a wooden coaster go into a building and come out. Just a thought.....doubtful but just thinking.

• Like 4

Does anyone think they may use the crypt building for this? Maybe?? I know they are keeping wood over there. More then likely just trying to keep it behind the fence. Maybe the queue will go through it and the coaster will run through it. That would be cool to see a wooden coaster go into a building and come out. Just a thought.....doubtful but just thinking.

Well, only if you assume that the plans that the park submitted to the city are fake. 

• Like 1

Well, only if you assume that the plans that the park submitted to the city are fake. 

Yeah....true. Thursday can not get here soon enough. I hope they keep the webcam on the construction all winter long. Watching Valravn being built was awesome!

• Like 8

I guess the teaser posts about RMC on KI snapchat mean nothing.

The executives meeting with RMC last year was just to compare carpet samples.

I think the big game changer that KI is known for will be the introduction of RMC to CF. I'm sure their combined force will kick off with a BANG!

*Insert: Project2017*

I really believe that RMC reference, "Yo Adrian!' snapchat was to throw us off. KI has been known to do it. They like to keep us guessing. I am hoping for an RMC, but I think this is GCI all the way. I will be very surprised if it is a RMC.

• Like 4

I'm torn about possibly bowing out of this thread. KI has done a great job at keeping the lid on this project this time, but it's not out of the realm of possibility that info could leak out. I want to be totally surprised on Thursday night. Hmmmmm.....

• Like 8

They're surveying and adding more markers to the path wandering behind the train station. It's looking more like a turn around here.

e0600e4e957e7f814d424114ec710212.jpg

As close up as I could get of one of the markers

7ed16bc7d0f3d40393ac8366e9311c1b.jpg

5' off 101A left/ 10' off 102A CTR possibly?

lol looks big enough for a station. Don't go jumping on me, that's just my opinion. Plus, I haven't been to the park since June 10th this year, so a lot has changed.

• Like 5

I think this is the curved drop. you can kind of see the shape formed by the markers. The lift hill will climb towards DB then curve while dropping around 180 degrees. Then the track will roughly turn another 90 degrees and proceed to go back under or over the lift hill, toward the lake.

• Like 7

I guess the teaser posts about RMC on KI snapchat mean nothing.

The executives meeting with RMC last year was just to compare carpet samples.

I think the big game changer that KI is known for will be the introduction of RMC to CF. I'm sure their combined force will kick off with a BANG!

*Insert: Project2017*

I really believe that RMC reference, "Yo Adrian!' snapchat was to throw us off. KI has been known to do it. They like to keep us guessing. I am hoping for an RMC, but I think this is GCI all the way. I will be very surprised if it is a RMC.

There is more than one Rocky....right Bullwinkle?? Flying Squirrels are the rage these days. Lol

Sent from my iOS 10 device

• Like 2

I also believe the cleared out area (where the old funnel cake building used to be) directly behind the "teaser" wall will only be a large queue area with some theming. There will most likely be a bridge from the queue area that crosses over the train tracks leading into the coaster station on the other side.

• Like 4

Is it safe to say this will not be a wooden launch coaster? That would be very expensive and Dollywood is having all kinds of problems with Lightning Rod at the moment.

I doubt it will be a launched coaster as well. I hope they get the bugs worked out for LR though. I would love to see something like that at KI in the future. That ride looks amazingly intense!

• Like 5

Is it safe to say this will not be a wooden launch coaster? That would be very expensive and Dollywood is having all kinds of problems with Lightning Rod at the moment.

I doubt it will be a launched coaster as well. I hope they get the bugs worked out for LR though. I would love to see something like that at KI in the future. That ride looks amazingly intense!

On sheet S2.3 of the project plans filed back in June there is detail for "MOTOR BLOCK FOUNDATION PLAN".  I think based upon that a lift hill is a given.

• Like 3

Saw this when I just log on to tap-a-talk on my phone. Did I miss something or some one made this layout??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

No someone said that they thought it was RMC because of the lack of lateral supports, so I pulled up a GCI that used steel supports to help cut down on lateral supports as well. That is White Lightning at Funspot.

• Like 6

I figured someone would have posted this by now.

Greg Scheid's twitter

https://twitter.com/kigmgreg/status/757410871035301888

88ebe49749c99b870ef3684574c99edc.jpg

Hello everyone! I've been following this discussion for a while now and felt that I should join.

First off, I don't know who will build this coaster, rmc and gci both seem plausible to me. I really don't care as long as it's exciting.

With this picture though, I think Greg Scheid is clearly making a reference to the field of dreams teaser that Kings Island posted. With one of the quotes being, "if we build it, they will come." Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

Greg Scheid's twitter

Hello everyone! I've been following this discussion for a while now and felt that I should join.

First off, I don't know who will build this coaster, rmc and gci both seem plausible to me. I really don't care as long as it's exciting.

With this picture though, I think Greg Scheid is clearly making a reference to the field of dreams teaser that Kings Island posted. With one of the quotes being, "if we build it, they will come." Thoughts?

You mean field of dreams as far as the massive Cowboy stadium? That this could be a huge coaster after all? On second thought, kids dreaming on a football field.  (field of dreams)  haha    Field of dreams does not sound like a transition coaster. Welcome to the forum.

• Like 2

Bears, Stars... "Ursa?"

Hmmm... when Dinosaurs Alive was teased, there was a layout, and speculation of a coaster.  I wonder if this is a new campground... hmmm; no footers yet, just retaining walls and what look like roadways. Hmmm... well I'm (say it with me.... STUMPED.)

• •   —•  -• • •   —•  -  :ph34r:• 

• Like 5

They probably won't announce an thing till it's pretty close. To prevent a crowd from causing a congested area before they are ready.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

For Banshee you could tell because they had a huge video screen, search lights, fog a screaming Banshee and church benches very early on in the day. It was a real sight from the tower too.

• Like 5

Greg Scheid's twitter

You mean field of dreams as far as the massive Cowboy stadium? That this could be a huge coaster after all? On second thought, kids dreaming on a football field.  (field of dreams)  haha    Field of dreams does not sound like a transition coaster. Welcome to the forum.

Are we seeing bears on those beds....Someone said Kodiak. I like that name. Also we certain this won't be a cowboy coaster? Not even from Intamin. Maybe something like Pony Express at knott's by Zamperla?

• Like 4