Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

Isn't that the same "block" in this picture provided by stashua123 earlier today?6a054f167b6760a881b6f7f99af023ce.jpg

I think that's where the staircase to the old WWC crossover bridge was, and the concrete path is the beginning of the old queue line..... The big question is why remove everything in the funnel cake building area except for the old queue line path?

If it was the old support for the queue line path, why are the faces so smooth?

If I remember correctly, there was a lamp there like the one that's hanging over the fence and it was right at the base of the steps.

• Like 2

As I mentioned to Malem and others at Opening Day, I think the clearing is not even CLOSE to being over. They have yet to tear down WWC's old entrance path after the bridge. With survey markers going from the clearing all the way over to the grizzly bear near Soak City, something is happening, and while I am not on any camp yet, it is looking to be a major construction project.

Did you see flags there? I' didn't see them that far back. On the outgoing trip they were right after the tunnel of WWC ( I said after the bridge but they were further on then on the return trip, they were on the right right after passing the storage shed and just before WWC loading platform.

• Like 2

Would this possibly be the footer in question? I can't really tell from the shot so....

Screen shot from the video above, which can also be found here, on Kings Island's YouTube channel.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

From the video it looks more like a power transformer then a footer.  I can see what looks like fins on the side for cooling.  Should be obvious from the train what it is.

Also footers would normally be poured together.  It makes no sense to have one and nothing else anyways.

• Like 5

What happens when someone cuts a tree down?  They yell "Timber!"

What is a variety of a rattlesnake?  A timber rattler.

What is another variety of a rattlesnake?  A Diamondback.

Finally, what can happen in nature to cause trees to fall?  Storms?  Lightning with Thunder?  Sounds terrible x3.

I'm gonna roller skate to bed now.  It was a Beast of a day.

• Like 10

What happens when someone cuts a tree down? They yell "Timber!"

What is a variety of a rattlesnake? A timber rattler.

What is another variety of a rattlesnake? A Diamondback.

Finally, what can happen in nature to cause trees to fall? Storms? Lightning with Thunder? Sounds terrible x3.

I'm gonna roller skate to bed now. It was a Beast of a day.

I don't know why but your "what is" statements reminded me of this.... "What is love?"

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=a+night+at+the+roxy+will+ferrill+gif&view=detailv2&&id=11E0A70E813C7F3CAFA359C325A441FAD8836508&selectedIndex=15&ccid=zLl2Ml1f&simid=608016243054478658&thid=OIP.Mccb976325d5f6ba92410fdd029c128b0o0

• Like 5

The correct terminology is a footing.  Footer is slang term.  Just like when people say, "that cement sidewalk," they are using the wrong terminology.  Cement is an ingredient in concrete.  It is the glue that holds the sand, aggregate and other admixtures together.  It reacts chemically with the water in the mixture in a process called hydration.

Onto the subject of the trees.  When the train originally opened, the trees that were behind the train station and by White Water Canyon were far fewer and much smaller than they are today.  Trees grow over time.  

I was hoping to ride the train last night during the pass holder preview event (it was down) and was down again this morning when I was at the park, so couldn`t check anything out first hand.  It will be interesting to see what develops...  

Remember, Carowinds moved their Xtreme Skyflyer the season before Fury 325 came into existence, just like Cedar Point moved the Tiki Twirl a season before ValRavn came into existence.  Just like KI moved the funnel cake stand...

• Like 17

Come on guys! It's obvious that they are re-locating Timberwolf Amphitheater over to this area and expanding Congo Falls to be a larger ride with theming going through what remains of the old animal park area then renaming it to Shoot the Rapids so they can get rid of that Paramount theme to the ride. Am I the only one seeing this? Oh wait, guess I am, nevermind :)

< /sarcasm> (just in case anyone actually thought I was being serious which I'm sure someone did)

• Like 11

I don't think the log flume is going anywhere at least because of this project. If it were in the way of construction for something in 2017 it most likely be closed or even gone now. A new coaster could go around or over the log flume.

If the land is suitable this could go very far off into the woods, maybe into the woods near The Beast run into the station.

• Like 2

Well I look at it this way. If it was a flat, they would have just plowed though everything back there, not just mark specific trees. The same if they were building a building for a dark ride. A roller coaster can be built around objects, and remove little ones that are in the way. Look at The Beast. I think we may be seeing some footings soon. I will bet though, this will drive up Coasterstock ticket sales. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

Ended up riding the train three times yesterday. Several survey markers are visible when you get back in the vicinity of White Water Canyon.

I even saw a survey marker back by Fort Coney. Whatever it is, it's gonna be interesting to see what will take place.

• Like 12

From what I saw from the train of the survey markers, they were unquestionably following paths IMO, which finally put me on the coaster bandwagon. I previously was not convinced it was going to be a coaster, perhaps just a flat. I got the impression of a coaster that will have elements that interact with WWC and perhaps even DB.

I'm not completely happy about this conclusion, because I'd rather see another coaster in the Coney Mall section (Dinosaurs) than mess with the wooded area behind the train.

Timberhawk will be my new nickname for what I think is coming.

• Like 15

I'm not so sure yet myself. Some flags could be parts of other projects. Maybe WWC is getting upgrade after all the path to the ride is still incomplete. Maybe it's getting additional water features. Or maybe drainage lines are being replaced along the train and near Soak City. Some of the trees could me marked for removal for Emerald Ash Bore damage. What if WWC was getting a complete overhaul. Maybe Dinosaurs Alive is moving to this side of the park. Anything could be happening.... We won't know more until we see more or get more clues... All we know now is "Caution: Watch out for falling trees".

• Like 8