Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

This rant is sponsored by: your mom

You call others childish for sharing their views, and then you drop this golden nugget. Brilliant.
Yep. Just adding a purposeful hypocritical statement because I dislike being too serious. :3

(I probably deserve it if you make fun of me though. So feel free to whenever you please in the future.)

-Sythe the hypocrite

• Like 3

Standing in line for the train currently, and there are a LOT of markers. At least 5x as many as there were last time I was here. Whatever is happening, it seems to be speeding up.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I noticed the markers just in walking past the train station. There's a lot of them back through there.

• Like 14

If anyone sees new markers, let us know what colors they are. Thanks :)

I had a hard time telling if these were pink or orange. They look kinda in between. They also have something written on them but I couldn't tell what it was.

• Like 8

I was gonna say, they look orangeish from the photos, but I couldn't be completely sure, haha.

Orange usually indicates the presence of underground utilities or telecom.

Edit: Now that I look further, they do look more pink than orange..

• Like 8

I was gonna say, they look orangeish from the photos, but I couldn't be completely sure, haha.

Orange usually indicates the presence of underground utilities or telecom.

Edit: Now that I look further, they do look more pink than orange..

But at the same time, they aren't the same pink as the others. They're kind of a peach color.

• Like 3

I have a feeling things will speed up after WWC opens, because currently whatever this is is happening, AND WWC is being rehabbed. There's a lot going on at once and WWC is likely prioritized so it opens in time.

• Like 8

With how small the area of interest is, I'm starting to believe if it is a coaster that maybe they are taking their time on prepping the land to save money. This might not be something that's completed till 2018 if that's the case. 

I'm sure it won't take Billy Bob and Bubba long to clear out that area :rolleyes:

a63d8e89817f12a5f58d8eaafb998c48.jpg

• Like 7

Here is an excerpt from the book I am currently reading that gives some insight:

"Designing an entirely new coaster concept may take as long as three to four years while a medium-sized wooden may be designed in as few as nine months." the book goes on to give a timeline of a coaster installation, and through out, it details a wooden coaster taking significantly less time overall to install.

source: Coasters 101: An Engineer's Guide to Roller Coaster Design

• Like 10

Here is an excerpt from the book I am currently reading that gives some insight:

"Designing an entirely new coaster concept may take as long as three to four years while a medium-sized wooden may be designed in as few as nine months." the book goes on to give a timeline of a coaster installation, and through out, it details a wooden coaster taking significantly less time overall to install.

If its in a parking lot I would think.  Does it mention how long to clear a forest? :rolleyes:

• Like 3

If its in a parking lot I would think.  Does it mention how long to clear a forest? :rolleyes:

"Survey: A week or two of surveying the lay of the land and plotting out where the foundations will go.

Foundations: two to four months of digging and pouring the foundations, after which they must set to cure for a period of time."

• Like 9

"Survey: A week or two of surveying the lay of the land and plotting out where the foundations will go.

Foundations: two to four months of digging and pouring the foundations, after which they must set to cure for a period of time."

http://rec.roller-coaster.narkive.com/A1V6hkCu/why-do-you-call-it-plug-n-play-woodie

boom