Decoding Episode II: Rivertown 2017 and the Falling Trees

jcgoble3

GCIs are generally fantastic. Thunderhead isn't running at its best this year, it could use some track work. Kentucky Rumbler is one of my favorites. Similar to Thunderhead in that it just never lets up, but has much better airtime. They're popular even among the GP because they're (generally) smooth for woodies, and they aren't overly aggressive. They're generally only about 100' tall so they tend to hold up pretty well and not have as many structural problems as the old RCCA and Dinn "masterpieces"

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Cedar Point has Blue Streak.

THEY did to it what they did.

It was not always thus.

They and did?
I'm assuming he's referring to the park making the ride far less enjoyable by adding the individual ratcheting lap bars.

• Like 5

I used to love Blue Streak, at night in the early eighties. Last ride of the night as the park closed and half asleep as a kid. It still is a great coaster...

But The Beast at night? Got me into coasters back then as a kid, and forever more.

I am so hoping this is a wood roller coaster. Gigas are plentiful and close to home...they offer a similar experience ( not exact, but a limited similar experience). A Giga makes me excited...a new wooden coaster makes me ecstatic.

• Like 8

It's cool guys. Gigas are the shizzlenit. I am speaking for KI Central where there are three within a days reach. They are cool. So very cool. I just don't see where it's of the utmost importance in Columbus or Mason. I'm sure Cedar Fair sees things much differently. I would welcome a Giga. Just don't won't one yet. I'll dance the hippie dance if KI gets one...

• Like 4

I imagine it was incredible. The very free restraints of Beastie as a wee lad and re-experiencing it at Kennywood last year with woodies that don't even necessarily have plentiful airtime.

Probably similar to Jack Rabbit's double down, but on half of the hills.

• Like 6

What if all of the expansion into the woods is nothing more than an interactive queue line for WWC? Anything is possible at this point.

In on team queue line. There has to be a place to queue up the riders for WWC. The line was basically cut in half afrer moving the entrance . Guess we'll find out this weekend.

• Like 3

People really seem to love GCI. The only one I've been on is Gwazi and that was a pretty painful experience. I'm assuming the rest of their coasters are better?

Lightning Racer. Hershey Park. You gotta do it!

My only other GCI experiences were Thunderhead and Wildcat (Hershey). Thunderhead is weird (my first rides was amazing, my second ride was to side-to side, and my latest Thunderhead ride (2012) was insane in the back!), and Wildcat (Hersheypark) is just good (as in, just ok). However, Lightning Racer is incredible! #teamlightning! :D

• Like 3

What if all of the expansion into the woods is nothing more than an interactive queue line for WWC? Anything is possible at this point.

In on team queue line. There has to be a place to queue up the riders for WWC. The line was basically cut in half afrer moving the entrance . Guess we'll find out this weekend.
Yea I'm looking forward to seeing the finished pathway for wwc and hopefully it will give us more clues to talk about. Looks like they have made a lot of progress but I think they have a lot of work ahead of them.

#TeamInteractiveQueue

• Like 3

With this talk of footings possibly appearing soon, where is Beast Gal? I want to hear what her husband has to say about this.

The horse is inches from death, amigo. The point has been made.

People really seem to love GCI. The only one I've been on is Gwazi and that was a pretty painful experience. I'm assuming the rest of their coasters are better?

If your Gwazi ride(s) are anything like the one I had back in 2014, I would recommend that you don't use that as the basis for your opinion on GCI's rides. Gwazi was sluggishly paced and unbelievably rough when I rode it--in fact, it's second only second to Son of Beast as my least favorite coaster.

If you get a chance, try something like Lightning Racer, Prowler, or American Thunder. Of the GCI coasters I've ridden, those are some of the best. They're really good rides. The GCIs I've ridden that were built in the brief period that GCI used PTC trains instead of their own Millennium Flyers (SFA's Roar, Hershey's Wildcat, and BGT's Gwazi) have all been very rough and mostly not my cup of tea.

I certainly wouldn't mind a GCI at Kings Island, but I wonder if a GCI has the capacity that Cedar Fair might be looking for for a park of KI's size.

• Like 8

I've rode Gwazi back in 2000 and I thought it was a fun GCI coaster. I guess it was getting worse since then. The other 2 GCIs I rode as well were Kentucky Rumbler at Beech Bend (my favorite GCI) and Thunderhead at Dollywood ( also a great ride too).

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

• Like 2