Beasttamer

What ride did KI make the biggest mistake in getting ride of

12 hours ago, silver2005 said:

There's a HUGE one I forgot.

The parking lot trams.  

There are days where I really wish they had the trams there again! My 5 year old sometimes hits a wall and just can't go on any longer...luckily he doesn't weigh that much. :blink:

9 hours ago, KImom said:

There are days where I really wish they had the trams there again! My 5 year old sometimes hits a wall and just can't go on any longer...luckily he doesn't weigh that much. :blink:

With little boys exhaustion and boredom look the same but are completely different animals.  I bet if you told him there was ice cream (or my favorite Ding Dongs) in the car you couldn’t keep up with him.  :D    I can’t count the number of times we have gone on scout hikes or orienteering courses and they were “going to die” until we get close enough to the big play structures at CubWorld.  Then an hour later I can’t drag them to the car.  Little boys do not truely run out of energy, ever.  

Regarding the trams, I am sure they would love bring them back with a $10 upcharge.   Might as well just pay the $10 for prefered parking.   :(

Not to mention over the last several years, they have removed what once was the tram ways to the front gate and replaced it with a raised sidewalk.  The front entrance area is a lot nicer now then it used to be.  Remember, that at one point in time, there were ticket booths about twenty to thirty feet in front of the front gate.  Those have been gone since around the early 2000s.

On 1/16/2018 at 9:45 AM, Dalefan said:

On 4/16/2016 at 11:55 PM, BB1 said:

Does Boomerang Bay count? If so, yes!

If not, the Flying Eagles/Antique Cars removal was the worst mistake ever, and I still believe that the replacement is garbage in comparison.

They never got rid of Boomerang Bay. Just changed the name due to licensing reasons. It was part of Paramount's branding for the movie Crocodile Dundee. 

Trying to find old content of mine, eh? Crocodile Dundee's Boomerang Bay was the licensed name by Paramount Parks that branded the waterpark in an Australian overlay of the names and scenery. Boomerang Bay itself was a good name (from my recollection of the branding) by dropping the Paramount property of Crocodile Dundee for the Cedar Fair park as I do not believe that Boomerang Bay was a copyrighted property that was a mandated change. (I could be wrong I am going off of information I had from years ago the topic really hasn't came up that often) The point of the post is that Boomerang Bay was removed, not in terms of the waterpark slides and attractions, with exception to one, but the name branding and scenery theming. It was the intricate and immersive theming of the gift shop, and the various small nods to Australian wildlife on small cut outs or fence paintings that were cast aside for the now Soak City decor. One attraction by technicality did bite the dust, the original Crocodile Run aka Splash River. Splash River runs virtually the same course with diversions in the enterance and exits being on opposite sides of the river and the new zero depth entry that demolished one of the most secluded parts of the river. The point of the post was that I think that the Boomerang Bay waterpark branding being removed was a mistake as it had character that was beyond the generic tropical theming found at most waterparks. 

The two biggest ones to me would be the antique cars and Phantom Theatre.

The cars had a beautifully landscaped area and was a ride that people of all ages from little kids to grandparents could have fun with. While I enjoy BLSC it isn’t a major crowd bringer itself, even at opening, and doesn’t utilize the space well or have a picturesque quality to it.

Phantom Theatre probably had bigger maintenance costs and issues, especially as it got older, but it was a fantastic ride that again everyone could enjoy. It was really well themed and unique for a regional park as not many had dark rides or at least not to that caliber. It was on par with many classic Disney dark rides and really felt like a midwestern Haunted Mansion. It’s probably the ride I honestly miss the most.

Antique Cars is one I used to ride those all the time with my parents when I was a kid, I was really sad to see them go but honestly it makes me happy now that they are bringing them back. But honestly I would have to say Phantom Theater I really wish that they would bring that back an updated version would be nice with new animatronics and references to the old ride.