KI Now 3D on Google Earth

DBInternational

Hey Guys,

I want to start by saying that it has been quite a while since I last posted here on the wonderful KICentral Forums and it is good to be back.

I just wanted to point out something cool I noticed today. While looking into the new "construction area" of Rivertown on Google Earth, I noticed that the entire park is now in 3D. Unfortunately, the satellite images they used when creating these 3D images are from August 2012, so Son of Beast is included instead of Banshee but it's still super cool. Also upon further investigation, I discovered that basically the entire city of Mason is in 3D now.

So make sure you go check it out when you can because it looks pretty cool.

Here's some screenshots I took earlier:

26398796961_38b6b87da1_c.jpg

25862121393_715d105466_c.jpg25862120873_9a32a4218e_c.jpg26464954735_0503a53c8c_c.jpg25860073904_b158936e11_c.jpg26439029216_37955070de_c.jpg

Enjoy,

DBI

• Like 8

^ From looking at those screenshots, they appear to be from the Google Earth program, which is something that is installed on your hard drive, not something that runs in a web browser (like Google Maps). So if he took the screenshots himself, then there is nothing to provide a link to (since linking to a program on his hard drive wouldn't work). :)

• Like 4

I checked this out last night before I went to bed. 

I have Google Earth Pro on my laptop. All I could see in 3D was the Eiffel Tower, Drop Tower, and the fountains.

Son of Beast wasn't even in the imagery, it was a picture of Banshee from 2014.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...