stashua123's PTR: A KIC Opening Day Experience for the Ages: KI 4/16/2016

stashua123

I have decided to make myself a Trip Report about this trip yesterday today as it is still in recent memory. What a memorable trip! One of the best I have had and if it was not for some certain spites from rollercoasters, it probably would have been my best visit ever. Thank you for reading this and comments are very much appreciated.

-stashua123

Part 1: The Beginnings: 2:30 AM-12:45 PM

I woke up from my four hour sleep at 2:30 AM expecting that it would Opening Day time, but after looking at my phone, my hopes were dashed. I decided to look at KIC for 30 minutes and then fell back asleep. zZzz

zzZZzz

6:45 AM: Preparations

I woke up and realize my phone had somehow snoozed my alarm set at 6:15, oh well, it was nice waking up naturally. Showered, got my clothes out of the dryer, got everything ready. Found my platinum pass printout, found an extremely small drawstring bag that somehow matched the neon on my shorts. B) Woke up my awesome mother who fell asleep early the night before just to get me there by 8:30, ever grateful for that! We left our humble abode at 8:00 AM.

8:28 AM: Meeting Up!

After a relatively uneventful drive with my mom, her teaching me basic driving skills. I got dropped off at the drop off, with no hassle of the tolls! Said goodbye, told her I would be a good boy, be safe and of course that I loved her. :) I then walked across the empty landscape that was the KI Parking Lot, with everyone being held up at tolls, I only saw two other people with me and no one other than employees at the front gate. Eerie would be the best word to describe it. I got to processing which had just opened and I had no wait! Had my picture taken, got the pass, signed it and was on my merry way. I then went to the right side of the gate, right at the rope, which was the location of the KIC Meet Up, turned around and watched the parking lot steadily fill up with cars and crowds start forming and flowing in. I then finally saw a couple of KICers flow to the location. I saw one, but I do not remember his username(sorry! :ph34r: ) and then I saw Beastie1980, she greeted me with excitement and a hug! I had not seen her in almost four years! I then saw Malem, greeted him, and greeted Magenta Lizard, greeted the very excited MDMC01 , I also greeted and saw the No Chickens, Gator, Thrill_Biscuit, IBEW_Sparky, IndyGuy4KI. We talked for about 30 minutes. I then took a slight detour with Beastie1980 and met a well known KIC legend in person, The Interpreter, which was very exciting for me :D Talked for a minute with Terp and then said my farewells. We went back to the gate and talked to some more members. We all talked about a variety of things but all of us were insanely excited for the Opening of KI! I promised Beastie1980 I would ride DB with her(Though it did not workout that way). We all see the admissions associates enter the turnstiles, including OhioColts(you did a great job!). This one worker was going left and right asking us how excited we were for Opening Day. A Cameraman goes back and forth to each part of the gate, we all scream in glee!

9:30 AM: The ERT Open!

We then notice the crowd is turning back for some reason. The group then turns back and we hear the national anthem being played in the former tram circle. Then, the mad dash happens. I go to OhioColts lane, and I am the third person he scans on Opening Day and again you did a good job for a first timer! I get through the gate but realize that Beastie1980 is not with me. :ph34r: I decide to wait for her. But then I see Malem has gotten through the gate and I decide to go with him instead, he asks me if I would not mind fast walking/slighly jogging with him to Diamondback. "Of course not!", I say. :) We then do that all the way through Planet Snoopy and get in line at the DB station, I knew it was going to be a tight fit but I decided to go for it anyway. I then get in one of the middle rows and realize that I will probably not be able to fit, the attendant and somebody well known around here at KIC tries to push it down but it only can budge down one click, I then walk away in shame. (Im sorry for holding up the line for those people complaining about the line, that was probably because of me.) This was my first walk of shame ever on a rollercoaster. :( I wait at the exit for Malem. I just look around, think about what I should have done to have prevented that walk of shame and it hits me like a ton of bricks, I realize that I should really get on losing weight. I think about how to do all of this and then I see Malem exiting the ride. He encourages me not to feel too badly about it and try the test seat to work out someway to be able to fit, but not while I do not do that on this day, I start feeling a bit better. We then run into a still very excited MDMC01 and after deliberating for a minute decide to ride the Woodstock Gliders. There was only a 2 cycle wait for the ride at this point. They sort of teach me what I should and should not do on the Flyers as it is my first time on it ever! I get on Tub #2 and I have to say it was a great ride, I did not snap it but I came fairly close to it. 8/10.

9:58 AM: The Journey to X-Base and Beyond!

We then split up from MDMC01 as he wants to go to The Bat. Malem and I then get to the rope near Reds Hall of Fame Grille. The Security Guard gives the pathway near the Log Flume a head start. <_< We get cut loose after a 20 second delay. Me and Malem then fast walk our way over to Flight of Fear, which takes about 5 minutes. :) The line is only about 10 minutes. We talk about a variety of things. I have not been on FOF since June 2012 so I was very excited. He told me it would probably be a tight fit with my legs. I then get on the 1-2 for more leg room. But that is not enough, I almost get on it the first time and it was just this close to the seatbelt making it but it was not enough. :mellow: I then try a second time but that is even worse. I get walk of shamed yet again, though it is not entirely my weight that is the issue it is also my long legs. I wait for Malem at the exit. He exits and we then decide to ride Firehawk while we are here. It takes an astounding ten minutes for me to get my locker and it ends with me having to use Malems credit card as the machine was just not accepting my money and it was so hard to see you had to kneel on the ground to see. I then find out Firehawk has literally no wait! We get on the Yellow train in the last row. I find out Firehawk is fairly accommodating! The ride attendant only pushes down once and I am in, not even stapled! :) I was so excited to not be shamed! i had not been on Firehawk since April 2015 so it was very exciting for me! The ride was a bit more intense than I last remembered but also very fun. the novelty factor was slightly there as I had not ridden it in over a year. Great ride! 9.5/10. We then exit, get my stuff out of the locker. We decide to skip out on Racer for now since it is not yet racing. We continue down the midway and we see Adventure Express is temporarily closed, and then we go over to near Banshee. We see the line is a bit astounding and decide to skip out on it. We meet MDMC01 right as he is exiting Banshee! We greet him and all of us decide to ride The Bat. The Bat has a walk on wait, which was surprising to all of us. Malem and I get on 7-1 while MDMC01 gets on 7-2. I fit right in, as I have virtually no issues with anything that is Arrow. The ride was a very fun and forceful ride! 8/10. We then exit and go to the plaza between Banshee and Xtreme Skyflyer. We all deliberate on which ride to ride next! The group then decides on what I see now as the way better choice, Xtreme Skyflyer!

11:04 AM: Flying Away, Somewhere.....

We then go to the ticket booth and buy all of ourselves tickets for the ride. Since the tickets were now at their early bird special of 5$ there was a very long line for the attraction. We all talked to one another and get to know each other better. Malem tries to make reservations via phone for RHOFG but is not successful. Time passes by and we continue a good conversation. We are next in line at 11:45. All three of us as a group decide to ride together. I am in the middle since I am the tallest, Malem is one my right(and pulls the ripcord) and MDMC01 is on my left. This is BTW the first time I had been on this ride since July 2012. We get our suits on and go to the platform. We find a very excited and awesome employee who hypes us up, and we as she says "Link up like we are BFFS" :lol: The second most thrilling part of the ride was being all of a sudden faced downwards and I see why they wanted us to link arms. Malem mentions to us "No one has ever been injured or killed on a Skycoaster" and we are on up the tower which gets more and more scary by the second. We then go to the top and hear "3...2...1...FLY!" . Malem says "11... 10....9..*pulls ripcord* " I scream my lungs out as that was very much unexpected! It swoops over the Action Zone Midway and we then unlink arms as the ride attendant told us too The ride cycle is much longer because of my weight combined with Malems and MDMC01's . We go back and forth about 8 times before all three of us link onto the stick they give us. This ride was WAY awesome. :) I loved it! 10/10. We then go down the Midway and find that Adventure Express is open! We wait about 5 minutes and we board the ride. I am the first row of the last car. I fit just fine. The ride itself was very awesome and I loved how they restored a lot of the theming since last year, including the Timber crack noise on the lfithill, the tunnel before the lifthill, the Bongo guys at the end and the magma noise at the end. The only missing part was the "NOW YOU WILL PAY" spiel. The ride, while a little more rough than last year, was good! 7/10. After the ride we were going to ride The Racer but saw the Blue Racer was temporarily closed as it was stuck on the lift hill. The time is now 12:20 and we split up from MDMC01 as he has to get his stuff out of the locker. Me and Malem then decide to might as well make the reservation at the RHOFG. We speed walk there and realize they are understaffed and we are told our reservation will be at 2:15 instead of the 1:00 originally. <_< Me and Malem have some time to kill before the group photo at 12:45 so we go over and see what is happening at the P2K17 Construction Area. With my tall arm I get a couple of photos of what it looks like behind the fence without having to as I saw some do, jump on the bench and then do it, so no rule breaking here! (Note: Pictures will be uploaded below after I post, as I have to switch to my phone to upload them to Tapatalk.) We then see the time and realize we have to go to the Eiffel Tower, we then leave the site and walk our way to the Eiffel Tower.

END OF PART 1

Photos below!

9da344415f9fd7a14b27751dc2036f4b.jpg

646f5d11719c3fdd20ae91277d19bbdd.jpg

d6e52360598aaaea011b669de00dbffc.jpg

9bc6e2d9b4612c935481ccc626902315.jpg

eb2e5fdf108b2c7c3761f19324dd252e.jpg

• Like 11

We then go down the Midway and find that Adventure Express is open! We wait about 5 minutes and we board the ride. I am the first row of the last car. I fit just fine. The ride itself was very awesome and I loved how they restored a lot of the theming since last year, including the Timber crack noise on the lfithill, the tunnel before the lifthill, the Bongo guys at the end and the magma noise at the end. The only missing part was the "NOW YOU WILL PAY" spiel. The ride, while a little more rough than last year, was good! 7/10.

Interesting.

The few times I have ridden Adventure Express (two times so far) I have certainly heard the "NOW YOU WILL PAY!" park. At the same time, the anti-rollbacks are really loud in the tunnel.

Along with that, The ride was a lot smoother. Actually. almost EVERY ride I rode at Kings Island was very smooth. the roughest ride I've actually ridden so far was Banshee...

It was a lot rougher for me personally. The trains edge was rubbing against my knees and I felt every single jerk.

I guess I didn't really hear it. My ears have been fairly bad as of late.

And thank you MDMC01 and IBEW_Sparky for the comments. I will have part two up sometime tonight or tomorrow.

• Like 3

Glad you had a good time; it was nice talking with you again after so long.

I promised Beastie1980 I would ride DB with her(Though it did not workout that way).

Her friend apparently had an issue with her season pass, so they didn't make it into the park right away.

he asks me if I would not mind fast walking/slighly jogging with him to Diamondback. "Of course not!", I say. :)

Since your stride is longer than mine, I really had to power walk to keep up.

They sort of teach me what I should and should not do on the Flyers as it is my first time on it ever!

I did not snap it but I came fairly close to it.

We're such a bad influence... :)

• Like 6

Glad you had a good time; it was nice talking with you again after so long.

I promised Beastie1980 I would ride DB with her(Though it did not workout that way).

Her friend apparently had an issue with her season pass, so they didn't make it into the park right away.

he asks me if I would not mind fast walking/slighly jogging with him to Diamondback. "Of course not!", I say. :)

Since your stride is longer than mine, I really had to power walk to keep up.

They sort of teach me what I should and should not do on the Flyers as it is my first time on it ever!

I did not snap it but I came fairly close to it.

We're such a bad influence... :)

It was a really nice time with us as a duo(you and me). Also with the trio(you, me and MDMC01) and the final Quartet of a group (you me MDMC01 with ohiocolts) was one great time! It was nice talking and getting to know all of you. We should start a group chat. :)

I thought it was beastie1980 herself and not her friend who had the pass issues.

The flyers was just really really fun. You guys were a bad influence on my nearly snapping ways. :P

I didn't know you had to keep up with me. I thought it was quite the opposite! :)

• Like 2

Thanks for all who commented, this is my final part of my PTR of my KIC Opening Day Experience. I hope to hear what you have to think, comments are appreciated. Thank you for reading.

-stashua123

PART 2: Meetups, Lunches and Breakdowns! 12:45 PM - 7:30 PM

12:45 PM: The Show N' Tell

So where I left off! Malem and me are now en route to the Eiffel Tower. We just speed walk and stride our way to the tower! We see a small group is already there, including IndyGuy4KI, His Cousin and IBEW_Sparky. We wait for Thrill_Biscuit and MDMC01 to meet up with us. I get a huge gulp of water with their new awesome and very cold water fountains, I am not going to wait 30 minutes for a drink! The lines for just refilling your souvenir bottle at Tower Drinks was just insane! Thrill_Biscuit and MDMC01 finally show up! We then get this group photo(and with the extraordinary line in background)!

3a9dd68d7eead405421a686d4947499a.jpg

Photo Credits: IBEW_Sparky

From Left to right: Back Row: Stashua123(me), Malem. Second Row: MDMC01, IndyGuy4KI, Thrill_Biscuit, Dr. Zhark.

Front Row: IndyGuy4KI's son, Cousin of IndyGuy4KIs son.

After the group photo,Thrill_Biscuit and MDMC01 split off to go somewhere else.and we all think of what to do next since we have about an hour to kill before the Reds Hall of Fame Grille. We all then decide to go to The Racer, after waiting 25 minutes and seeing a Gator in line, we get on. This is where my complaints about the new restraint rules lies at. So I was getting into Blue Racer with Malem(who mentioned it actually had airtime this year!). I get down two clicks and I am fairly sure that is the requirement it was last year, however they measured it with a nail and by THIS much, they wanted me to go down 1 more click! 3 clicks? Seriously? I got walked of shamed. Thankfully this was the last one of the day. I talked to somehow who also got walked of shame who was about my height but skinnier. We talked for a minute and then he left with his group. The KIC group comes back and they all cheer me up a bit and IBEW_Sparky comments on my complaints about the restraints at KI, him and I agree that KI has tweaked with the restraint sensors and placed lap bars lower(and he has his leg circumference to back that up!). The next ride we head to is Dodgems. This ride had a 2 cycle wait, I get into a nice conversation with Dr. Zhark. We then got on the dodgems and I chose what I have heard is the fastest one, the bright yellow one. We get started and we are all bumping into each other but then all of a sudden they shut down the ride for no apparent reason. They go and check everyone's vehicles while I look at IBEW_Sparky and Malem and give them a "why did they shut us down" look. After a minute or two, they resume the ride cycle. The ride was good other than that really weird stop in the middle of the cycle. 7/10. We then check Vortex's line and see them stacking Vortex horribly, so we skip out on that. We all decide to ride the train! So we head over to Rivertown and Malem wants us to check on our reservation before we get on the train, which was a good idea. We go into the restaurant and they were just about to text Malem! We got there just in the nick of time! :)

2:00 PM: Standin' in the Hall of Fame!

We all get our own huge table at the northern end of the restaurant. 6/10 of our group is their.The waitress who is not even trained to be a waitress(!!) spills all of our drinks that somehow manages to miss everyone miraculously. I have Malem help me add up the math for my meal total. MDMC01 and Thrill_Biscuit(with laptop :P) arrive to our little lunch! I get into a very interesting and long conversation with IBEW_Sparky who tells me about a variety of things like Theme Parks, Cedar Point, Kings Island, Operations, Coaster Clubs, Interests and Hobbies in general. He gives some great advice to me in the interests department. We then talk with Thrill_Biscuit, IndyGuy4KI's cousin about the Stock Market and the Economy! We exchange some ideas and thoughts about it. Our Current Situation,The Great Recession, 1929, Central Banks, Apple, Early 80s Recession, other things. It was very interesting and I certainly learned a lot from the conversation. The lunch is about a hour long lunch. At the end we meet up with the No Chickens, Hoeter, Chugh43, Gator and others briefly. (I wish someone would send me the photo of all of us at the table that somebody took.)The billing process takes about 20 minutes and we are all out of the restaurant by 3:20. We all decide to take a little train ride to see what is going on behind the scenes. There are numerous survey markers, orange tape around trees, Tropical Plunge is nearly complete, as Malem mentioned in another thread, they are saying WWC is undergoing renovations. the Reservoir is all drained out with a couple of survey markers around the edge. We all have a good conversation! At the end IndyGuy4KI and his group decided to go to Banshee and we followed them their. MDMC01 somehow is able to run ahead and meet us up again after a bathroom break! We all split up into two separate groups by the end.

a67fb5a83418c0acb5b50f83f03d68b7.jpg

3:55 PM: Break, Break, Down....!

We get all the way over to Banshee and I make sure to go to the test seat before riding. The test seat guy says I will probably be able to fit in rows 4 and 5. So I take that as a yes, that I can ride. I leave MDMC and Malem to get a locker and they text me they will go back for me in line but then I meet up with a KIC member at the lockers who allows me to use his locker, free of charge! :) I do not remember his username though I asked his like two times(again I have had bad hearing as of late) but he had a blue Wild Eagle shirt on. I decided to ride Banshee with him. We waited in line, occasionally seeing IBEW_Sparky and his gang and Malem and MDMC01. The weirdest things I had seen had taken place on this day. I saw multiple incidents of line jumping and these two 14 year olds in front of me acting really childish and I even saw them vaping(for those not in the loop, smoking tobaccoless smoke from some battery powered contraption)! It was the weirdest thing I have seen. After having a couple of conversations. One very long one with the guy with the Wild Eagle shirt and another guy in a Banshee shirt who was upset they were stacking Banshee, we finally got to the staircase to the station when the ride shut down temporarily. We all just waited and waited and waited. The line just drained out. Only one switchback by the end. Then after about 30 minutes of wondering they got the ride back up. IBEW_Sparky and his group rode before the breakdown so the line was the last I saw of them on this day. Malem and MDMC01 were only two trains ahead of us and promised to wait for me and the guy in the wild eagle shirt. I asked the ride attendant for the bigger seats and they sent me to row 5. I got on and the wild eagle guy attempted to get me all good but the ride attendant took care of that. The Ride Attendant knew exactly what she was doing and lifted up the vest tightly and pushed down. Whoever you were, thank you! If I knew who you were I would have gone to guest services and given you a good word! While I was stapled in and my thighs were slightly tingly, the train was locked and no further push down was required! No walk of shame! I had not been on the ride since August of last year and I was very happy to be on it! The ride was very very good and intense, lost the feeling in my legs a bit too. The ride was smooth. The lift hill was MUCH louder than the last time I had ridden it, but it was great! 10/10.

5:05 PM: Snapchat Y'all!

So at the exit, I met up with Malem and MDMC01. They were super happy I was able to fit! We then exit the gift shop after seeing my hilarious photo. We go through the midway and separate from the guy with the blue wild eagle shirt, who got in line for the Banshee Twist Ice Cream. Thanks for being a good ride partner whomever you were! The group then checked Adventure Express's line but found it to be too long. MDMC01 comes up with this awesome Pokemon Banshee theory that you guys need to ask him about. We then came across a KIC Member wearing a KIC Shirt, I do not remember his username but he was very nice! We stop for about 5 minutes to converse with him and his wife. At this point I start snapchatting OhioColts, who has gotten off of work. We then say goodbye to that KIC user.I continue conversing with OhioColts over Snapchat while we are walking down Coney Mall. Malem asks if I can ask him if we can meet up. I ask him that. He then sends me a snap of him riding the train for the second time in a row. We all head for a beeline for the train! While waiting for him, I asked Malem to get a good picture of me for my mom (and for my instagram B) )

2b5760298c9da3626e7d08272c0e3a3f.jpg

5:30 PM: Instagram Caption: "Despite the long lines and sunburn, I can say I am having loads of fun! #kibestday #KIopeningday2016"

Thanks for the picture Malem! MDMC01 tells us he wants us all to go to this show in the Festhaus, Hollywood Nights. We all agree after we meet up with Ohiocolts. The train pulls in and we see him get off the train! We all greet him and he is very surprised by this! We talk about everything, he tells us how his first day of work went at KI. I see he has a pocket charger and I ask him if I can charge my phone with it, he obliges, thank god!(I would have had a dead phone if it was not for that.). We then make our way to the Festhaus and try to be there by 6:00 PM. MDMC01 goes ahead of us to get us good seats. We then enter the Festhaus right around the time the show is starting. The start with a Twentieth Century Fox logo sound blaring and then they go through a bunch of different songs from the movies! It was a very good show and all of us were fairly impressed about it. Great show, dancers and singers! 9/10! We then decide to see the lines in Action Zone, The Bat now has a 40 minute wait, Banshee is over 50 minutes. We all let Ohiocolts decide if he wants to do it or not and he passes up on each of them. We then head down the Midway of Oktoberfest. Adventure Express's line is entirely too long. Racer, I am not sure I can fit in. We decide to find something just right for all of us! Vortex. Before Vortex we see this astronomical line for skyline, seen below

e2de04999fe29349f1b65d20abd579c7.jpg

We all get in line for Vortex and wait about 35 minutes for the ride. We all continue to get to know each other and make a lot of jokes. I give Ohiocolts the charger back after it got to 100%, Malem recommends I move over to Andriod while I heard just the contrary from IBEW_Sparky earlier so I can choose which phone I get when my contract expires in December. I get a text from my mom that my brothers are on my way and that "We might be getting a second dog and my brother Jake got a new car". So I knew this was going to be my last ride. Me and MDMC01 get on 7-1 while Ohiocolts and Malem get on 7-2. We then head up the lift hill and then get over the top. The ejector airtime caught me completely by surprise! The ride was relatively smooth except for a few transitions, no headbanging since I am so tall and it was a good ride! One of the best I have ever gotten on Vortex. 8/10. I exited satisfied. Ohiocolts got the Funpix of the ride photo and he sent it to me today for me to be able to use it below!

a564da62bb22ee28fea3020306d96d98.jpg

What a hilarious photo!

So after the ride I said farewell to Malem, MDMC01 and Lucas. I then took a few more photos as seen below and left the park at 7:45 PM. It was a great time at the park, the people and group were awesome and if it were not for the ride spites, it would have been my best ever visit to a theme park ever! 9/10!

Here are a couple of photos.

d8f70daddc3ea66d68cb2d9d97db12de.jpg

f419f3af9ab2e3d566b0b4220eaf9b9d.jpg

d9f83405bff96066275224650545b906.jpg

6dce379708f91f8767502d32bac67bff.jpg

Thank you to everyone that I met on this day and thank you for making this a great visit despite the circumstances.

END OF PART 2

• Like 10

This new restraint policy concerns me as 3 clicks on Racer seems like an impossible task for me. we will find out when I make it back because i am the same weight I was last year. Hopefully less by the time i actually ride. 

As far as the little part involving getting a new phone. if you're concerned about battery life stay away from androids. The phone with the best battery life at the moment is an iPhone 6+ without any battery conservation settings turned on. Most androids I deal with the battery will be fine at first and fall off fairly quickly and they really seem do drain once you get near the one year mark with the phone. 

• Like 2

I rode Racer on Saturday with no problems. I know my bar was only down 2 clicks, I got measured by the nail and nothing was said to me. Think someone was missed informed. Also rode The Beast and had my bar down 2 clicks but wasn't measured.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

^Did we get photobombed by a Seattle Mariner?

To be fair, I actually was already at the Eiffel Tower well in advance of the group photo  B) ... I was a little late to the lunch, because of course I am psychic, and knew that  if I arrived just a few moments sooner, that hostess would have spilled drinks all over my laptop.  :P

Great meeting you and all the other KICers, on what has to be the greatest opening day (weather-wise) I have ever seen at the park!

• Like 4

I guess we did! :P

I must have gotten lunch confused with the group photo, sorry!  :ph34r: You are very very very lucky you did not come into the Grille about 10 minutes before you got there or your laptop would have been toast!

It was great meeting you and all of the other KIC members. 

Opening Day was a very good weather day, clear blue skies, sun that is enough to sun burn/tan you but not enough to scorch you, just warm enough to enjoy the shorts and water rides but not warm enough to be miserable, the perfect weather!

MDMC01, thanks for telling me his username, I have a hard time remembering stuff after so much happens in one day.  :)  The #hoencomfirmed is hilarious.  :lol:

I will decide on a phone in December, I am leaning towards Andriod but I first have to see what the "new"(right right, like one new feature on nearly the same phone is "new") iPhone. I think Apple has reached Peak iPhone and it is all downhill from here.

Malems battery life was amazing though! I had to charge once after 5 hours of usage and he was at about 50% when I left, amazing! Wireless charging seems very cool too.

I hope that if I am able to go on 4/29, that I will have people to meet up with. I had a blast on a day that is usually not the best to go, if it is one were not that many people are there with almost no lines, that sounds like heaven!

• Like 4

4/29 is my.... AND Kings Island's birthday (My third birthday was on the day of the park's Grand Opening). I'll be miles away, at none other than the Grand Canyon; however, thanks to the miracle of modern technology, I shall check in for lots of updates on how things are going at the ol' home park.  Have fun!!!  :)

• Like 6

^^^He's right, lol, IG4KI and I were talking to him and MDMC01 before you all showed up.  Also, Im normally not in any way a "group meet-up" type of guy.... normally I am with just one (usually Brad) or a few that Ive gotten to know well off the Forums.... but this one was good for sure.  I had a good time at RHOFG with you all, and it was really nice to be able to be candid (like I said, I can only post about 20% of what I want to here, lol) and get into discussions like you and TB and IG4KI's Cousin and I got into while eating.  My next trip to the park will be May 13th, and Im sure there will be a good number of us all there for the festivities (including Banshee Brew for me).

• Like 4

Yeah, as I said to somebody earlier, I am both one of the biggest introverts and extroverts you can meet. I was nervous meeting all of you until you which is why I was not talking at first and being introverted. However, I started to talking to each one of you, as soon as that happens, I metamorphosis into this huge extrovert. :) This was my first time meeting any KIC Member since KIC Day 2013 and my first time seeing any KIC Member since 2014(seeing you guys but not talking to you.)

• Like 3

Awesome report! You made me feel like I was right there with you even though I wasn't. :)

I give Ohiocolts the charger back after it got to 100%, Malem recommends I move over to Andriod while I heard just the contrary from IBEW_Sparky earlier so I can choose which phone I get when my contract expires in December.

I'll add a vote for Android. :)

Also, thanks for referencing my theory- #hoennconfirmed is all I will say lol! :D

I need to hear this theory. ;) (EDIT: I found it over in the Off-Topic section. :D)

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments! 

Great trip report and great pictures!

Thanks!  :)

Awesome report! You made me feel like I was right there with you even though I wasn't. :)

I give Ohiocolts the charger back after it got to 100%, Malem recommends I move over to Andriod while I heard just the contrary from IBEW_Sparky earlier so I can choose which phone I get when my contract expires in December.

I'll add a vote for Android. :)

Also, thanks for referencing my theory- #hoennconfirmed is all I will say lol! :D

I need to hear this theory. ;) (EDIT: I found it over in the Off-Topic section. :D)

Yeah, the theory, he made it up while Banshee was broken down. I even helped him with part of it after exiting Banshee! :)

This trip report took me about 7 hours to write cumulatively, I am very glad that it has gotten a good response from everyone. I put a lot of effort into the report so thats why it feels like you are almost right there with me! 

I am now very much leaning Team Android. :D

I hope if I go to KI 4/29, I will try to write a trip report as good as this one, it is very rare for me just to want to reread something I wrote over and over again.

• Like 3