KI Food Service Ideas

IndyGuy4KI

Food service has been way faster this week. Staffing is higher and midweek crowds have been lower (less buses). While I still greatly mourn the removal of the Montgomery bbq sauce from chicken shack... And despise all the Heinz options... They have added a new "house sauce" which is like a Chipotle ranch that is better than the Heinz options. (It's only available behind the counter though)... Don't despair, some things are getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Jukebox dinner installed the self service kiosks that have been showing up at Cedar Point. But there is an important difference these have barcode scanners and work with the dinning plans. There are only two and people seemed to be having problems. Some of which appeared to be caused by the user and some were not. Overall just wish they had more than two. There is enough room for at least one more.

Also the food was actually pretty good. Fries were fresh and the burger appeared to have been freshly made from ground beef and not a formed frozen party.

• Like 2

To be fair, they do have 3 at Juke Box Diner, the third one is on the other side that is only open on high capacity days. And I am one of those that had issues with my pass, and it was not user error. I went over to the cashier following having issues with the kiosk and my pass worked just fine with the season dining deal.

• Like 2

Please do not misunderstand I wanted to say some issues appeared to be due to programming issues. For example I saw the screen go grey and stop allowing input more than once for the party in front of me. At the same time I also witnessed people selecting the wrong type of meal plan which caused the kiosk to want a wristband when they tried to use an annual pass.

If you have a meal plan there are three icons one for each time single meal, all day, all season and you need to pick the correct option.

• Like 3

I cannot speak for the use at Kings Island but I used one at Cedar Point yesterday at Coasters.....it was a great experience. Scanning my dining plan was easy as selecting which one I had. Then it gives the options on the plan for that location. It asked what side item you wanted (3 choices) and then it asked if you needed/wanted to order anything additional. The device prints the ticket, take it to the counter to receive your item. 

It was great, also allowed myself and a friend to skip the line that was out the door because no one was using the kiosk! 

• Like 2

Please do not misunderstand I wanted to say some issues appeared to be due to programming issues. For example I saw the screen go grey and stop allowing input more than once for the party in front of me. At the same time I also witnessed people selecting the wrong type of meal plan which caused the kiosk to want a wristband when they tried to use an annual pass.

If you have a meal plan there are three icons one for each time single meal, all day, all season and you need to pick the correct option.

I got an error. The system uses a counter object to count the number of meals you want. The problem is that no-one anticipated that counter to be set to 0 from 1.
  • Like 1