FunPix Tutorial

LoraX

There have been a few people around the park having difficulty with the kiosk for FunPix. Here's a tutorial on how to use it. It's simple and fast to use.

https://youtu.be/MUAkC7tSHgE

Edit: on Banshee's FunPix, the rows are separated into 2 pics. However, once it's loaded, the entire row is captured. There's no need to search for the other half of the row.

• Like 8

I don't have that FunPix card, only my pass, and the photos transferred to the KI app using the kiosk just fine.  No video or tutorial needed really.  Simply go to the FunPix booth and have them pair your FunPix account with your pass.  You will get an email in about a half hour with your password included.  Open the official KI app, click on FunPix and enter your email and password.  You are setup.  To use funpix, simply scan the barcode on your pass at the kiosk, pick the photo you wish to add to your pass, and you will see your pic in about 30 minutes.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have 2 issues with the program:

1) Not being able to use my all season FunPix at multiple Cedar Fair Parks. Due to this, I have bought two programs, one at Cedar Point and the other at Kings Island. Even though they are individual  parks, I can view my pictures from Cedar Point on the KI app and vise versa. Tried to scan my pass at another park this weekend and it didn't allow me to use it.

2) Not able to edit the photos....if you are halfway out of the picture you can't move yourself to be more in view.

Any user interface that requires a tutorial in how to use it has problems to start with.

Do you need a tutorial to use Magic Bands?

As a software developer, I've come to learn that the minute you think you've created a completely idiot-proof user interface, a better idiot will show up to prove you wrong.

• Like 8

That right there is the reason I didn't bother to buy FunPix. This is my family's first year with Platinum passes. I knew we'd be spending less time at Kings Island, spreading out among at least four parks (KI, CP, KD, Cw). Sure, the pass is cheap at one park, but to have to buy the same thing again it would really add up. Hopefully 2016's run is a success and they allow inter park usage in 2017.

• Like 4

Anyone else here think they need more rides with on ride photos? What about The Racers? Adventure Express? I mean, if they have them on Woodstock Express, and especially The Great Pumpkin Coaster, why not those?

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

I agree but I am sure the capital expense and staffing of those booths is expensive. They also don't have many roving photographers from my little experience at KI and CP. None on my 2 trips to the dry and wet parks at KI. Yesterday CP had a tons on entering and one by Valravn but that was it. In contrast at SFSTL they were everywhere, even wading in the lazy river to catch you at your not so finest. :)

Annoying if you don't have the pass, great if you do.

I had issues with getting my account linked up with the season pass and app but about 10 minutes with a supervisor and they were able to straighten it out. The system seems a bit complex for the first teir employees to understand. It would also be nice if you could add your roving photo cards to your account from a kiosk so you didn't have to wait for a human to scan them at the end of the day.

• Like 1

According to the FAQ, they automatically put them on there.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Yeah that FAQ is a bit simplistic.

How is the photographer going to match up the photo with my Pass, he doesn't know who I am. There is nothing automatic about it, the photographer hands you a card with a QR code linked to the photo. That code needs to be linked to the account/pass.

The photographer could scan my pass but then they would loose out to those who don't have a pass and impulse buy the photos.

Facial recognition software would be awesome but that takes some serious processing power. :)

1) Not being able to use my all season FunPix at multiple Cedar Fair Parks. Due to this, I have bought two programs, one at Cedar Point and the other at Kings Island. Even though they are individual parks, I can view my pictures from Cedar Point on the KI app and vise versa. Tried to scan my pass at another park this weekend and it didn't allow me to use it.

2) Not able to edit the photos....if you are halfway out of the picture you can't move yourself to be more in view.

You can actually log on to my Funpix.com and readjust your photo and redownload it. I have done it several times.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can't figure out how to re-adjust photos at all. Also, on the FunPix website there is a place to look up photos, is there any numbers or a code you could put in from the cards that the photographers at the front gate give you? (just bought FunPix yesterday)

image in spoiler

Also, When i go to my albums and click on a photo to see the different things to order, the overlay is gone and i see the stock image that the camera takes on the ride.

I just logged in with my iPad so results can be weird. I have a funpix season pass for both KI and CP. When I click on the photos of on ride shots some don't have the overlay and some do. But when I click download it just opens the pic in another safari tab and has the overlay no matter what. Need to try this on a real computer and see what is up.

@Diamondbackandbeastlover. From my understanding if you don't take those roving photographers card to a funpix booth and have them associated with your account they are gone at the end of the day. Hope I am wrong about that.

1) Not being able to use my all season FunPix at multiple Cedar Fair Parks. Due to this, I have bought two programs, one at Cedar Point and the other at Kings Island. Even though they are individual parks, I can view my pictures from Cedar Point on the KI app and vise versa. Tried to scan my pass at another park this weekend and it didn't allow me to use it.

Just remember this is a new program as not all Cedar Fair parks have this program. Just like the dining plan began the dining plan platinum passes had to be purchase separate at different parks to use. If this is successful then they should hopefully link it all to all parks in the future with a higher cost I'm sure for platinum pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

There have been a few people around the park having difficulty with the kiosk for FunPix. Here's a tutorial on how to use it. It's simple and fast to use.

https://youtu.be/MUAkC7tSHgE

Edit: on Banshee's FunPix, the rows are separated into 2 pics. However, once it's loaded, the entire row is captured. There's no need to search for the other half of the row.

Thank you Ryan. Very good video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk