Meal Deals, and meal deals

Stoan

It was marketed.

And many of the customers were adults.

It was better than:

* Awake: imitation frozen concentrated orange juice. Very imitation.

* Astronaut Ice Cream: Bland, pale, cardboard. Never on ANY space flight.

* Fizzies: Disgusting tablets that allegedly turned a glass of water into a carbonated soft drink. Like many kids, mine saw only a mouth, no water. Early big Pop Rocks. Still bad.

* Bomino "Turkish" "Taffy": Weird hard candy bar slammed on a table before opening. Artificial. Weird colors. Weird taste. Gone. For good reason. Some fools tried to bring it back. Why?

• Like 1

Has anyone else tried the Boom Boom sauce at RHOFG?

I tried it about a week ago and it's amazing.

I might have to try this, I usually just get a double of Crazy Hot and Spicy Garlic then mix the two together.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok first off the bananas are Amazing! Second I'm really disappointed at how they stock the Oreo Churros. It seems to be they make like one batch a day and if your not there within 30 mins of the stand opening your not getting one.

I also meant to ask is there another Oreo churro stand that I'm not aware of or just the one at FoF and Firehawk?

Sent from the future while riding #KIProject2017 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Well I failed terribly at sampling everything this year, I never even set foot into Soak City. Next year however my wife and I will have two meal plans, instead of just splitting the one, so better luck next year!

That being said, it does appear that "The Snake Pit" is dead and gone, it has been replaced with "Kings Island Hot Dogs" (or sausages, one of the two.).

Your plan is either "A footlong" or "Italian Sausage"

I didn't get a chance to try either when I asked the other day, but I will attempt to try both this weekend and I'll report back.

• Like 1

Had a funny experience at CP last week. We stopped at their version of the Chicken Shack and ordered 7 meals.

The guy that was filling orders made the comment of "They need 7? You know how expensive that is?" Then the register guy said they were all meal plans and he then replied with " You know how expensive THAT is?".

Of course my response was "Sure do. Just ask my bank account.".

Then we all laughed and ate mediocre tater tots. The potential is there but sitting under a warmer kills it.

• Like 4

For 7 of us with platinums is over 2 grand. And that's with 2 kids still under 48.

Still on the fence about renewing. Waiting to see what CP announces about MS.

Seriously? One coaster makes a very, very minimal impact on my decision on the total package experience a park(s) offer me. CP could replace MS with a dancing dog or mouse show and it would not impact my decision to renew or not.
  • Like 1

For 7 of us with platinums is over 2 grand. And that's with 2 kids still under 48.

Still on the fence about renewing. Waiting to see what CP announces about MS.

Seriously? One coaster makes a very, very minimal impact on my decision on the total package experience a park(s) offer me. CP could replace MS with a dancing dog or mouse show and it would not impact my decision to renew or not.

Having ridden everything up there so many times, the kids get bored with it.

Having something new is what brings people back in these scenarios.

Same as KI. First few years of having passes, we were there every Sunday. Riding the same over and over pushed us to CP. This year, it's been CP almost every other Sunday. I have no problem riding the same coasters over and over. Younger kids get bored. Or at least mine do.

• Like 2

Can anyone confirm is Panda Express or Chick-fil-a still participates in the dining plan.  It is no longer listed on Kings Island's website as such.

Edit - it is still listed if you navigate through dining plans, but not if you click on the all dining locations.

• Like 1

I kind of figured that was the whole point of dollar days anyways. "Quick burn out all the crap we have left!"

It would be nice if they at least buy enough hopefully for the day, instead of potentially just running out for the entire rest of the season.

• Like 1

Thought I'd start posting the end of season food outages... River town la Rosa apparently is out of the cheese for the breadsticks and told us they aren't allowed to get any from the other la Rosas.

And so it begins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(referring to emphasized portion)

...what? How does this make sense? Why in the world would the three LaRosa's locations not be allowed to share their resources?