Meal Deals, and meal deals

Stoan

Was the dining plan logo removed from the app at some point? I know reds was removed from the dining plan on the main website... So I figured that they just hasn't updated the app yet... But if the logo was removed and then was recently added back, that sounds promising. (Although my understanding was that making updates to the app required an outside vendor... So I'd be surprised if they removed reds, added reds back, and never did anything for the smoke house)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, chugh43 said:

Decided to look at the website for dining, looks like some things are updating at random times.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/things-to-do/dining-plans

RHoFG is listed on there as a location for the dining plans....however, the new Tom+Chee is not.

Blah.  I've tried tweeting to the Kings Island twitter account and asking about Tom+Chee but have yet to get a response.  Might try calling tomorrow.  

• Like 1

I wouldn't be too concerned with what is or isn't online yet concerning the dining plan. There is still just under four weeks to get it all up and I feel like last year the choices posted online were changing even after the season started. Also, this year you have to remember that the new website was confirmed to be coming soon, so that could also be affecting whether or not they get everything up on the old/current site.

As far as Tom+Chee, they replied to a Facebook comment about it and said they'd "absolutely" be on the dining plan. Considering how late their return was confirmed, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't yet know what specific items they'll put on the dining plan.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, timfsu2k said:

Blah.  I've tried tweeting to the Kings Island twitter account and asking about Tom+Chee but have yet to get a response.  Might try calling tomorrow.  

As rcwizard13 said, they've (Tom+Chee) said they'd be on the dining plan. It probably won't do you any good calling tomorrow for a couple of reasons, things are still being finalized and I doubt that the call center is fully staffed as of right now. You'd have better luck calling in closer to the season starting. 

24 minutes ago, rcwizard13 said:

As far as Tom+Chee, they replied to a Facebook comment about it and said they'd "absolutely" be on the dining plan. Considering how late their return was confirmed, it wouldn't surprise me if they don't yet know what specific items they'll put on the dining plan.

• Like 1

Does indeed seem to be random. Reds Hall of Fame Grill is back, Potato Works in Rivertown still is missing, and they change Outhanks/Hank's Burrito to "Hank's Mexican Grill".

Ooh, another thing I noticed. Skyline now only offers 2 cheese coneys and fries, and a 3-way with fries. They replaced the cheese coney from the 3-way meal with fries. Because who doesn't think of french fries when they picture Skyline?

Tom+Chee IS listed under Dining Locations, but not under Meal Plan Locations:

Tom+Chee
World famous Grilled Cheese and Melts and home of the Grilled Cheese Donut. Seen on the Travel Channel, Shark Tank and more, stop by & taste what the excitement is all about!

But then again Red's Hall of Fame is listed under Meal Plan Locations, but doesn't have the tag on Dining Plans. So continued speculation! FUN FUN!
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2017 at 1:52 PM, johnaalexis said:

Considering buying an All Season Dining Plan to share between my Fiance and I. We visit the park 6-7 times a year maybe a little more with Winterfest this year. Has anyone done this? I've heard some people say that it's a good price/saves money while others say the opposite. I'm just curioud of all the KICers thoughts. Also, I've been told that now since you can eat every 90 minutes it's much easier to "share" on the dining plan. 

My wife and I split it the first year that they had the plan. There weren't many options then, but we got our money's worth and for us it was enough food depending on where we ate.

We're planning on doing it again this year since there appear to be a lot of meal options. We'll probably end up breaking even on the opening weekend since we're going all 3 days.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2017 at 10:32 AM, Kenban said:

According to the CP Food Blog, only three Cedar Fair parks have not released their 2017 meal plan menus.  Kings Island, Cedar Point, and Michigan's Adventure.  I expect everything will be finalized soon.

Ding, ding, ding! Winner! Couple things still being finalized for KI dining plans. We think you'll like what is coming! 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, chuck norris said:

I really expected the dining plan information would be published by now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right? I like speculating what is and isn't going to be on the list, I know nothing is finalized, but man. Opening is just over 2 weeks away, you'd think it be out by now.

• Like 1

Right? I like speculating what is and isn't going to be on the list, I know nothing is finalized, but man. Opening is just over 2 weeks away, you'd think it be out by now.

Think you meant opening is just over 1 week away. Lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Reds has been on meal plan, that's not new (although it was missing from the list through a good deal of this last off-season). The lines there were mostly determined by the number/lack of available servers. I've heard rumors of some changes that may help that problem though. 

I'm still just rooting for the Rivertown Potato Works to still be a part of the plan. 

• Like 3

And really, regardless of what food one prefers at the park, the more locations that are included, the more spread-out the traffic. So it would be a little short-sighted to think "oh I don't want to eat there so I don't even care if it's included." I've never eaten at Subway or Skyline at the park but I appreciate they are included, because anyone in those lines isn't standing between me and my lunch :)

• Like 8

I haven't heard anything about Rivertown Potato Works this season, but the popularity of their fresh-cut fries & increased traffic in Rivertown are likely to result in crowds there, even if they're not serving dining plan meals at that location.

• Like 5