Meal Deals, and meal deals

Stoan

I've also seen the new queues at several places and I love it! Skyline in Coney Mall and Rivertown Potato Works have them as well. I haven't been through the rest of the park to see where else they've been added. It's a smart addition and I'm sure will help traffic flow through those areas as well as make it easier for people getting food. 

• Like 8

The freestyle machines have been removed from Hanks.  I think they were moved to Jukebox diner.

I expected it but I am disappointed in the lack of no/low calorie drink options on the Coke machines.  It makes no sense to put almost the same drink options on 5 machines next to each other.  I really just wish the park had more freestyle machines.  I would love to see some Powerade zero options in the regular Coke machines but am not sure if it is even possible.

• Like 4

The freestyle machines have been removed from Hanks.  I think they were moved to Jukebox diner.
I expected it but I am disappointed in the lack of no/low calorie drink options on the Coke machines.  It makes no sense to put almost the same drink options on 5 machines next to each other.  I really just wish the park had more freestyle machines.  I would love to see some Powerade zero options in the regular Coke machines but am not sure if it is even possible.

Amen. Give me some Powerade Zero or Minute Maid Light. Those would be sold more than root beer or Fanta.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kenban said:

I have gotten Coke zero twice tonight 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, harveyhaddixfan said:

If Kenban is like me, I need something that's not carbonated. I'll drink it if that's all there is, but it usually upsets my stomach.

Not really, I typically prefer drinks without carbonation but just for preference reasons. I would be happy if the park served beverages like diet Sprite, or Minute Maid light lemonade.  Although I still think the best option is more freestyle machines.

When the park puts 40 fountain nozzles next to each other I want to see more than 8 total options, the bottleneck is scanning the barcodes anyways.  Make one or two of the machines have healthy choices or just have more variety.  Why not put in gold peak tea, fuze tea, one or two flavors of Fanta since there are about a half dozen, cherry Coke, one or two flavers of HI-C, etc.  Obviously the park cannot put in every option but it could easily add a little more variety.

All of this is easily available from the local Coke distributor and all of it is Coke products.  I would love Powerade Zero but I have never seen it from a fountain before and do not believe it is available as a bag in box syrup.

• Like 3

Tom and chee bacon BBQ was on point!!! Only major complaint is wait time... Which I understand... Although I would highly encourage them to stop allowing custom orders (like no sauce, or hold the chips). That essentially takes their 5 sandwich menu and turns it into a 10+ option menu and totally slowed down the line.

Maybe later in the season, but for now they should stop allowing alterations and just push out sammys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

If nobody noticed this, this year's cup is smaller than last year's. With some very scientific measurements, it's about 6oz less

I actually think this is good. Lighter cup, less mess when it spills, faster fill up.
Directionally it at least makes sense, the more drink refill stations you have, the smaller you can make the cups... Obviously ability to process people through quickly becomes even more important.

• Like 2

I actually think this is good. Lighter cup, less mess when it spills, faster fill up.
Directionally it at least makes sense, the more drink refill stations you have, the smaller you can make the cups... Obviously ability to process people through quickly becomes even more important.

And a lot less waste since the ice melts fast and waters down your drink.
  • Like 2

Well... Day 3 of the meal plan. Service has been far better than I expected... Plenty of registers open.
Food prep folks are doing well also.

Disappointed today that only three days in and la Rosa said they had run out of dipping sauce... And Coney potato works ran out of gluten free chicken tenders.

I understand that this happens on the last weekend of the season (since they don't want to have extra supplies), but it should never happen on the first weekend!

• Like 3

LaRosas on international street still had dipping sauce, but yeah silly too run out so early. I guess preview and opening day were more crowded than they expected too

Maybe they found some later, but when we came through around 12:20 and didn't see sauce, we asked... And all 6 people who were standing behind the counter confirmed they had run out.

• Like 1

I was disappointed on opening day that Coney Potato Works didn't have the Gluten Free Chicken Tenders basket.....they just said we don't have any. So I went back later (for dinner) to see if they had any....nope. 

NoChickens wanted the Antipasta(spelling?) at Larossa's in Festhaus....at 1:30 they told him it hadn't been made yet. 

Other than that, Food Service was pretty good.

• Like 1

The salad at LaRosas this year is not their awesome antipasto salad anymore (which I suspected when they changed the name to "entree salad," I believe, on the website). I got one Sunday and it is lettuce with a large amount of bacon (the same kind they used at Chicken Shack in years past) and diced tomatoes. I enjoyed it (note: large amount of bacon) but it's not as good or special as the antipasto salad had been. 

Portions across the board have been reduced significantly, from what I've seen so far this weekend. This isn't something I can really complain too heavily about personally, because in years past I have often gotten enough food to eat three meals out of one "meal" at KI. This will hopefully reduce wasted food but I know some people are going to be upset, and probably some will be hungry after expecting the same amount of food they got in previous seasons. 

At Hanks, they no longer include chips and salsa with the burrito bowl, and to be honest were rather stingy with the meat. That may have been down to the individual making my bowl, but obviously five small chunks of chicken breast aren't really going to fill up anyone. I did really enjoy what grilled chicken I had. I'm told by others in my group that got the beef that it is REALLY spicy, so keep that in mind if it is something you like or would like to avoid. 

At Panda Express on Sunday (after having a normal experience there Friday), the young lady at the register started to inform me the meal plans only cover one entree now but she wasn't going to charge me this time, then backpedaled after I said I had seen a printed listing that said otherwise (the meal plan flyers next to the printed park maps specify the two entree and side meal) and said she wasn't sure it was really supposed to change although it's what their registers say and a phone call was going to need to be made (at which point I was thinking "make both our lives easier and only start telling people once you're sure and tell them at the entrance not the exit, yanno?"). After seeing how other things have been reduced though, I expect this wasn't just a mistake in programming the registers and that it is a change that will stick.

Even the smaller size of the container used for my salad reduced the amount of lettuce from previous seasons, although fortunately it still comes with their excellent breadsticks,  for the moment. 

• Like 2

Will certainly get the meal plan for the boys but am still on the fence for myself.   I can't really eat any of the starchy carb laden foods that make up the majority of options so my choices are Hanks, just a 1/4 lb chicken or burger patty or a salad (that now has no protein).  I just might have to skip it and hoof it to the car or plead my case with Guest Services that they don't have any reasonable food options for me. 

I honestly would be willing to pay the $140 for the meal plan if they then allowed me to then bring a lunch bag in with food I can eat.  

• Like 1

I have used the meal plan 3 times so far. Larosas in Rivertown was great and I got through the long line Friday in about 15 minutes. Festhaus yesterday and 12:30 sucked something horrible with all of the food offered that wasn't Panda Express. I like the new system at Reds HoF Grille as it seems now they can fill the whole restaurant without limiting tables due to servers and no extra wait time at the end to pay and all of that when the waitress doesn't show for a while. Chicken tenders were horrible though. I took a bite of one and made them take it back and give me a burger. I was satisfied with the burger and wedges. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

I just might have to skip it and hoof it to the car or plead my case with Guest Services that they don't have any reasonable food options for me.

The park allows guests with special dietary needs to bring in food. Just let security at the metal detectors know why you have food, then stop by Guest Services on your way in to get it cleared.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, King Ding Dong said:

Will certainly get the meal plan for the boys but am still on the fence for myself.   I can't really eat any of the starchy carb laden foods that make up the majority of options so my choices are Hanks, just a 1/4 lb chicken or burger patty or a salad (that now has no protein).  I just might have to skip it and hoof it to the car or plead my case with Guest Services that they don't have any reasonable food options for me. 

I honestly would be willing to pay the $140 for the meal plan if they then allowed me to then bring a lunch bag in with food I can eat.  

As long as your food isn't in some absurdly large container you most likely won't be stopped. I bring in all kinds of snacks every time I go, security looks right at it and moves on. But like Malem says, if they do give you crap just go to Guest Services and argue special dietary needs, personally I am diabetic.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stoan said:

As long as your food isn't in some absurdly large container you most likely won't be stopped. I bring in all kinds of snacks every time I go, security looks right at it and moves on. But like Malem says, if they do give you crap just go to Guest Services and argue special dietary needs, personally I am diabetic.

Yep I am pretty much there myself but can still control it with strict diet at this point.  Although KI doesn't have as much detailed info up on the new site as the old one had, I think you may be able to store it at FA along with any meds one needs.   I kind wanted to avoid this route as CF already gives my boys a huge accommodation already but I need to stop at GS on the way in anyway.

I just don't like being "that guy" that walks in asking for exceptions to all the rules.  

What kind of snacks do you bring?  I am really trying to back down from the artificial sweeteners as well as there is some debate if they still cause an insulin response.  

• Like 2

I loved how the drinks are now self serve at Panda Express. That has made a drastic improvement on line speed. Get your food, pay, get your cup, get out of the way for the next person to pay instead of waiting on them to get your drink. I love the new queues that are now at a few locations like Chick-fil-a to help with lines not blocking the midway. 

Friday and Saturday was disappointing for me with food service. We wanted a salad at chicken shack on Friday. We get up there to be told they have not gotten any salad dressing for salads and to go to the Festhaus. Saturday we waited in line at the Festhaus to be told they were not ready to serve salads. Then at Hanks for dinner on Saturday around 6 PM, they were out of several of the toppings that I wanted. The food stand workers were very nice and obviously not their fault they did not have products to serve. This had to be most frustrating for them and sure they had to deal with angry customers. I hope Sunday was better!

• Like 2