Meal Deals, and meal deals

Stoan

^I'm not sure about the bar since we didn't sit there. I seem to remember seeing someone back there, so they might still do alcohol at the bar.

Service, as far as them bringing the food, wasn't too bad. Didn't have to wait in a super long time, and prefer sitting and waiting to standing in line.

Seems like they should have something a little easier for staff to see from a distance. Right now they go by the number on the flat vibrating puck they give you, so they have to wander around checking each occupied table to see if it's the right one.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, chugh43 said:

I'd assume it's hard for the park to recruit servers on a seasonal basis where they hardly get tipped (those on meal plans often forgot or didn't care about tipping their server) and that they would have to go find another serving job for 5 months or so. 

There is a ballroom on I-Street? Whoa! :D 

https://www.KICentral.com/history/photos/thumbnails.php?album=6

Its not really a ballroom, but it looks like it at night with the big chandeliers. It needs a big renovation. Its right over the gate when you walk in. Great view of International Street.

3 hours ago, KIfan73 said:

That's too bad.  Eating there has been a bright spot for the last few seasons.  Does the bar still operate?  How does that work since it's changed from full-service?  

It was so nice to go in there, have a seat at the bar, and get waited on.  I always got really good food, and service.

Yes the bar still is open and when we dont have our little one we will go to the bar and order instead of waiting in line.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PKIVortex said:

I see nothing was done with my concerns about RHOFG from last Sunday. I'm sure the Health Inspector wouldn't be happy.

For reference, here's a link to county food safety inspections for all Kings Island facilities: http://www.healthspace.com/clients/ohio/warren/warren_web_live.nsf/Food-List-ByName?SearchView&SearchWV=1&SearchFuzzy=1&Query=kings+island

Did you report the issue with lids on condiments to a manager at Reds Grille and/or to Guest Services? You can ask to speak with a supervisor at any food location, and they'll call one over for you.

On 7/7/2017 at 11:15 AM, silver2005 said:

I think we should dub it the Ouimet cup at this point. 

I will admit that the new cup size worked in favor of the company yesterday. Faced with having to ask for 6 water cups per hour on a hot day, I caved and purchased the season drink plan.

Even though I don't like soda, it will be convenient not having to find a location with Kinzel Cups when I'm thirsty. It's also nice to have the option to drink Powerade on really hot days.

• Like 3

On 7/11/2017 at 11:12 PM, chuck norris said:

I'm still loving the island smokehouse. Superb value, very thankful I got the meal plan this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree, we just need one on the dry side!!

Side note: After trying CP's, I like KI's better.

• Like 4

Another fantastic lunch at island smoke house. At the start of this year I was disappointed in the food quality and had decided I would not renew our dining plan next season (2018). Since island smokehouse has opened I have decided I'll keep it... Hopefully I'll remember how great it is once the water park closes.... Too bad the best place on the plan isn't in the main park.

Also, I noticed the free style Coke machines in the smokehouse are gone... Now there are 4 regular machines on each side. Should keep the lines moving though.

• Like 2

Another fantastic lunch at island smoke house. At the start of this year I was disappointed in the food quality and had decided I would not renew our dining plan next season (2018). Since island smokehouse has opened I have decided I'll keep it... Hopefully I'll remember how great it is once the water park closes.... Too bad the best place on the plan isn't in the main park.

Also, I noticed the free style Coke machines in the smokehouse are gone... Now there are 4 regular machines on each side. Should keep the lines moving though.

I've had the shrimp and wings so far. Both were very good. They gave 9 shrimp and 6 wings for the meal plan. Have to try the pulled pork next.

I could have sworn there were freestyle machines last Saturday when I was there and then yesterday it was the regular machines. It kind of sucks that they removed them. Could have done 1 regular machine with the basics and a freestyle for the rest. I mainly get Minute Maid light with strawberry, but have also found the MML drinks that are new to be pretty good.

I had the shrimp there Thursday and received 9 as well.   They only gave 6 when it opened which was really not enough, but they also offered two sides and have reduced it to one now.   The breading on the shrimp was rather crumbly and did not stick very well.  Fine with me as I really shouldn't eat the breading anyway.  

Snuck a couple of my kids "fries" and they are not my style.  Taste more like slices of baked potato and not very crispy.   The chicken strips were also rather dry but that happens sometimes and due to the bird.   Really hope the quality isn't starting to slip there, but given all the changes such as the Freestyle removal I fear they are cutti costs.  

• Like 1

Yesterday, I had the pulled pork at the Smokehouse after I met up with @AustinR. One worker piled the pork onto the bun so high that we said "whoa!", and the other worker standing next to him turned to him and added, "Yeah. Whoa." That sandwich was MASSIVE and probably double the amount of meat they were supposed to give me. I honestly would have been perfectly satisfied with just half that much. As it was, I only finished half of the sandwich, and half of the heaping serving of corn pudding.

Then later that evening, at Reds Grille, I had the chili. Very good chili, with a large serving for a very inexpensive price. Definitely a budget-friendly option.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was all about the meal plan last year this year I am done with it and will not be getting it if we renew passes for next season. The majority of our meals have been bad with the only constant good being Tom and Chee and Skyline. Smokehouse was horrid when we got it mid summer and most of the other places if the food isn't cold it just doesn't taste good.