Meal Deals, and meal deals

Stoan

7 hours ago, silver2005 said:

@malem, did you use your dining plan during P&G Day the year we went?

I remember that we asked at Reds Grille that visit (P&G Day in 2015), and they said it was valid.

With the change to only being valid when the pass is used for admission, it's highly doubtful that it would work now. Season passes are specifically excluded from entry on buy-out days.

On April 25, 2016 at 9:35 PM, KingsIsland1972 said:

I had on the soft open a Burrito Bowl with Chicken from Hanks with chips and Salsa.  I will say that I was very pleased with the amount of food you get as I compared it to something similar in my neighborhood called Hot Heads Burritos.  The only thing I can say that made it over the top spectacular was that I used my salsa that was on the side for my chips in my bowl and I thought I was in Heaven.  Great meal, great service at Hank's and I just love and I can't emphasize enough that I LOVE having unlimited drinks this year.  I have decided that I will carry it with me as much as possible and then get a locker for it to ride Banshee, Firehawk and Flight of Fear.  Most everything else has bins.   

Last time I was at KI I had a friend that ate at Hanks. His burrito was cold and had very little cheese and sour cream. For the price you pay you may as well drive out of the park and eat at the Chipotle located right outside.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hmrapp said:

Last time I was at KI I had a friend that ate at Hanks. His burrito was cold and had very little cheese and sour cream. For the price you pay you may as well drive out of the park and eat at the Chipotle located right outside.

We have a whole 15 page thread about Chipotle.  Fun times.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hmrapp said:

But what if you eat for free, like I do? Is it worth me going out of the park to eat? Not necessarily. 

Thank god for "free" meals after using my meal plan enough it's paid itself of a couple of times. 

I will say....it must be the burrito places with Cedar Fair....at least in Ohio. When I visited Cedar Point during Steel Vengeance Announcement Day, I ate at their burrito place and I was severely disappointed, I didn't even finish my food. They apparently changed their recipe because the chicken literally tasted like taco meat to me. Was not very happy about that...but it's not like I paid anything extra for it.

• Like 1

They have changed their recipes some (I like their chicken better than last year, friends dislike their new beef tho), but otherwise it is the same layout. 

It's particularly weird they don't feel that it had enough cheese. In my experience they tend to try to drown it in cheese (so I always say "just a little cheese"). And because you're watching it made, they generally at least ask with their look if you want more of whatever after they put some on. Other than the meat, they generally will/can put as much of each of the other ingredients on as you want. 

• Like 1

On September 1, 2017 at 1:16 PM, chugh43 said:

But what if you eat for free, like I do? Is it worth me going out of the park to eat? Not necessarily. 

Thank god for "free" meals after using my meal plan enough it's paid itself of a couple of times. 

I will say....it must be the burrito places with Cedar Fair....at least in Ohio. When I visited Cedar Point during Steel Vengeance Announcement Day, I ate at their burrito place and I was severely disappointed, I didn't even finish my food. They apparently changed their recipe because the chicken literally tasted like taco meat to me. Was not very happy about that...but it's not like I paid anything extra for it.

Your right @chugh43! I was just referring to people that don't have all season dining plans.

I was excited to try Smokehouse one last time yesterday, hoping they'd still have smoked turkey. However it turns out Kings Island expected more people in dry than wet. While every location on the dry side had 3x the employees working, the smokehouse was sporting two people. 30+ people in line, and two unfortunate employees trying to pile plates for all of them. Promptly turned around and left.

• Like 1

I tired Smokehouse for the first time this weekend (twice) and I found myself debating both times what to try because I was excited to try the different options (even though I don't eat some, what was offered was plentiful). I found myself fighting the urge to try so much at once, lol. I did lose the battle when it came to getting the corn pudding. So good!

• Like 1

I was excited to try Smokehouse one last time yesterday, hoping they'd still have smoked turkey. However it turns out Kings Island expected more people in dry than wet. While every location on the dry side had 3x the employees working, the smokehouse was sporting two people. 30+ people in line, and two unfortunate employees trying to pile plates for all of them. Promptly turned around and left.

Well this weekend they had brisket... And while the long was to the door, they moved it relatively quickly... But it took about 15 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to Banks in August and was really disappointed, the staff was not very friendly and the only option was a bowl, no burrito. And on here people are saying they've had the burrito on the dining plan. I had the pork and loved it last year but not this year. 

• Like 1