Meal Deals, and meal deals

Stoan

Mac and Cheese bar, just like Hank's, only not a burrito. Decent food, but lots of it. You can easily get two small meals on it. 

You can do half of both macaronis, or tater tots. Can't do half tots and half mac.

Classic Mac / White Cheddar Mac / Tater Tots

Hot Sauce / BBQ Sauce / Pesto / Alfredo

Caramelized Onions, Meatballs, Hot Dogs, Popcorn Chicken, Pulled Pork, Brisket, Sauteed Mushrooms, Tomato, Spinach, Bacon Bits (real), Jalapeno, Chopped Onions, Green Onions, Broccoli, Feta Cheese, Blue Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Blended Cheddar Cheese

IMG_20171125_180429.jpg

IMG_20171125_180435.jpg

IMG_20171125_180615.jpg

IMG_20171125_180213.jpg

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Melody said:

What are the prices like? And did anyone try the buffet last night?

$12.99 with whatever you want on it.

Then there are kids portions for $8.99.

Just had a meal there and it fills you up real good, and didn't have too much on it. Person I am with almost finished theirs. The buffalo mac is very good. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Kenban said:

I really liked the mac and cheese kinda wish the park had it year round.  I think it is a lot better than Hanks.

If it gets great reviews it could possibly be implemented to year around.

Also you can get tater tots with anything on it at the same prices above. Also on the meal plan. 

If your getting just getting mac and cheese with nothing on it make sure you say "I'm getting nothing on it" to the first worker. Otherwise they will leave room for toppings.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JubJester said:

If your getting just getting mac and cheese with nothing on it make sure you say "I'm getting nothing on it" to the first worker. Otherwise they will leave room for toppings.

That contains a loophole ripe for (ab)use: tell the first worker that you want nothing on it so they put extra mac, then "change your mind" at the next worker and say you "decided" you want toppings.

I don't think that would go over real well. Especially if everyone started doing it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jcgoble3 said:

That contains a loophole ripe for (ab)use: tell the first worker that you want nothing on it so they put extra mac, then "change your mind" at the next worker and say you "decided" you want toppings.

I don't think that would go over real well. Especially if everyone started doing it.

That's a good point. Unfortunately, someone would take advantage of that.

Honestly thinking about, I think its already a good amount of mac and cheese and I don't think many people will get it just plain.

• Like 2

Did anyone notice that went on Saturday if they added the meal plan logo on the menu screen for the mac and cheese bar at Hanks?  When I went Friday night I also noticed it missing on the turkey or ham dinner in the Festhaus.  I wasn't positive these items were on the meal plan so I got Panda Express which was good but I was in the mood to try something different that is on the all season dining plan.  It was must be a task to add the logo to the menu boards or is something Kings Island food service has overlooked?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

They did go up this year. For platinum dining, the price increase from fall to spring was around $20. Gold dining went up as well, but I'm not sure of the exact dollar amount.

With all passes and pass add-ons, earlier is better as far as getting the best price.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, chad_1138 said:

Just saw that All season dining shot up from $94.50 to $120.  Glad we went ahead and bought.  Saved $100 on 4 plans!

Holy crap! I'm glad I went ahead and bought it as well. I was so on the fence about it and then just pulled the trigger and did it. I saved 100 bucks as well on our 4 plans. Woohoo! This is my first time with the dining plan and I am oddly really excited about it...mostly about how much time it will save us being able to all sit down and eat at once. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KImom said:

Holy crap! I'm glad I went ahead and bought it as well. I was so on the fence about it and then just pulled the trigger and did it. I saved 100 bucks as well on our 4 plans. Woohoo! This is my first time with the dining plan and I am oddly really excited about it...mostly about how much time it will save us being able to all sit down and eat at once. 

It is so nice to know food is covered when going to the park!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, KImom said:

This is our first time with it as well.  In the past we usually have packed lunch and go to McD's or get a large pizza for dinner.  Super excited for this!!

• Like 2

excited about it...mostly about how much time it will save us being able to all sit down and eat at once. 

Lol, I’m excited about all the time i’m going to save by not having a meal plan this year. It’s faster to leave the park and come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, billgonemad said:

Lol, I’m excited about all the time i’m going to save by not having a meal plan this year. It’s faster to leave the park and come back.

The thought of doing that with three kids makes me want to just...cry. lol 

• Like 4

Just now, billgonemad said:

Try waiting in the food lines with them. Waiting InThe food lines with my 2 year old was super painful last year.

I was doing this last year with the one-day passes every 90 minutes...I literally spent the entire day in line. It sucked!!! And I was always the one with the wristband for the pass so I had to wait in line. I did figure out which places to go that didn't have much of a wait but still decent food. I'll just be relieved for us all to wait in line twice a day vs. me standing in the lines alone and then someone being hungry 20 minutes later. 

• Like 2